Ko Simpson

ajzepp

I had no idea this guy was even in the draft this year....figured he'd come back for his Sr. year. Living here in 'dawgs country, South Carolina get a fair amount of press because of the rivalry. I've seen this guy play a few times and he is a game changer. I definitely don't see us drafting a 3rd DB in this draft, but I would LOVE to see us draft this guy as a FS.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I had no idea this guy was even in the draft this year....figured he'd come back for his Sr. year.  Living here in 'dawgs country, South Carolina get a fair amount of press because of the rivalry. I've seen this guy play a few times and he is a game changer. I definitely don't see us drafting a 3rd DB in this draft, but I would LOVE to see us draft this guy as a FS.

676752[/snapback]

Yes, he is good - better than Joseph (same team) who is long gone. I don't get it! :lol:

I had no idea this guy was even in the draft this year....figured he'd come back for his Sr. year.  Living here in 'dawgs country, South Carolina get a fair amount of press because of the rivalry. I've seen this guy play a few times and he is a game changer. I definitely don't see us drafting a 3rd DB in this draft, but I would LOVE to see us draft this guy as a FS.

676752[/snapback]

Flyers are gonna lose tomorrow :lol::lol::)

Yes, he is good - better than Joseph (same team) who is long gone. I don't get it! :lol:

676779[/snapback]

Maybe it's fate :lol: We'll just draft an entire secondary! I'd love to see him in our backfield with this new kid we drafted in Rd 1......

If we pick up a guy like Simpson in the 4th, that would be something!

Gotta be something under the surface here.  Undisclosed injury, character, etc.

676782[/snapback]

I read that his inexperience is a knock against him (I thought he would have been a Sr this year, but he would have only been a Jr), but beyond that I have no idea. If he's got character issues, certainly we can draft ONE guy who's not a perfect angel, can't we?? :lol:

I read that his inexperience is a knock against him (I thought he would have been a Sr this year, but he would have only been a Jr), but beyond that I have no idea. If he's got character issues, certainly we can draft ONE guy who's not a perfect angel, can't we?? :lol:

676810[/snapback]

I'm too old.

Apparently, there are speed concerns regarding Ko Simpson.

676830[/snapback]

Wow, I don't know what he was clocked at in the 40, but I can attest to his game speed......the guy is a football player, plain and simple. I'm not getting my hopes up, but he'll likely be there with our 4th rd pick tomorrow.

Wow, I don't know what he was clocked at in the 40, but I can attest to his game speed......the guy is a football player, plain and simple. I'm not getting my hopes up, but he'll likely be there with our 4th rd pick tomorrow.

676859[/snapback]

4.45. Not a burner, but not an "issue" either.

As stupid as it sounds, I seriously wouldn't be upset at the pick if it were made. Our DB's would be young, but you would be looking at a Lineup of:

S: Whitner, Simpson

CB: Nate, McGee, Vincent, Youboty

That looks very good to me. And hell, we've ignored OL all the way to this point, I think at that point in the 4th round you go for the player that could reasonably start instead of an Olineman that will probably end up no more than depth.

And hell, we've ignored OL all the way to this point, I think at that point in the 4th round you go for the player that could reasonably start instead of an Olineman that will probably end up no more than depth.

676908[/snapback]

that makes alotta sense. which of course means they'll draft a WR

4.45. Not a burner, but not an "issue" either.

As stupid as it sounds, I seriously wouldn't be upset at the pick if it were made.  Our DB's would be young, but you would be looking at a Lineup of:

S: Whitner, Simpson

CB: Nate, McGee, Vincent, Youboty

That looks very good to me.  And hell, we've ignored OL all the way to this point, I think at that point in the 4th round you go for the player that could reasonably start instead of an Olineman that will probably end up no more than depth.

676908[/snapback]

I agree....and I think that safety tandem could potentially be one of the best in the NFL if both players develop.....it could go a long way toward offsetting an average D-line.

676752[/snapback]

Congrats aj, good call! :lol:

Congrats aj, good call! :lol:

677734[/snapback]

I'm REALLY psyched we picked this guy......I hate to say it, but the guy he reminds me of is Louis Oliver from the Fins 15-20 years ago. The guy is a playmaker!