"...we just have to execute better..."

stevestojan

Sorry if this has been posted, but i almost threw up in my mouth reading this:

"The thing that we have to do, and I realize that it sounds like a cliché, but sometimes it is a cliché just because its true, the thing that we have to do is we just have to execute better, and we have to do the little things right"

http://originwww.patriots.com/mediacenter/...ID=9112&PCID=85

What did you really expect him to say?

"If Travis and Sheldon could pull their heads out of their asses and make their blocks we might win a fricken game?"

"If Eric could hold on to the fricken football we'd be at least 1-1"

"Travis couldn't find the endzone if you threw him in"

"Lindell sucks arse"

"JP = RJ"

What did you really expect him to say? 

"If Travis and Sheldon could pull their heads out of their asses and make their blocks we might win a fricken game?"

"If Eric could hold on to the fricken football we'd be at least 1-1"

"Travis couldn't find the endzone if you threw him in"

"Lindell sucks arse"

"JP = RJ"

50197[/snapback]

no, but anything besides that cliche.

How about some specifics.

"once we get into the red zone, we have to avoid turnovers at all cost"

"The Oline needs to continue giving me time"

(by saying continuing, it doesnt look like he is saying they suck, although he is, because they havnt protected him yet)

etc, etc

no, but anything besides that cliche.

How about some specifics.

"once we get into the red zone, we have to avoid turnovers at all cost"

"The Oline needs to continue giving me time"

(by saying continuing, it doesnt look like he is saying they suck, although he is, because they havnt protected him yet)

etc, etc

50199[/snapback]

You mean something like this?

If we do, offensively, the little things right—if we are clean in our blitz pickups, if we are crisp in our routes and execution—then those plays are going to start to happen for us. But when we miss some of those little simple things, then the big things just simply don’t happen. That really is exactly what it is. When we do that, then you will see the numbers start to come up for us as an offense. But until we correct those little mistakes, those things just simply aren’t going to happen.

FWIW, that quote is also from the conference call, so I must be missing your point...

You didn't hear him right. He said "We have to execute everyone who makes a mistake."

Actually, what he said is perfectly true to a point. However, the words tend to bite when they say it and then go out and fail to execute. I though the offensive game plan versus the Raiders left something to be desired in that I didn't see much of anything in the offence designed to neutralize the blitz. There are plays that will help youo do that and Buffalo just didn't run any of them with any kind of frequency.

When you have a chance to run out the clock and your guard holds, thats bad execution. when you pro bowl reciever fumbles inside the 10 yrd line, thats bad execution. when your running back can't punch it in on the 1 yard line, thats bad execution. when your kicker misses and easy FG, thats bad execution. when a back blows a blocking assignment, thats bad execution.

I'm sorry, what did DB say that was incorrect again?

MAybe if he said we need toget our head out of our butts, it might sound better but means the same.

The late John McKay, coach of the winless 1976 Tampa Bay Buccaneers was asked after a game about his offense's execution. His reply "I'm all for it".

Bledsoe's career is on the line this Sunday. They have been correcting things and making the excuse that they have to execute better for the last 16 games and 24 of the last 26 games. Enough is enough. If the Bills offense does not turn it around this week, this season is over and Bledsoe is done as soon as Losman is healthy.

The late John McKay, coach of the winless 1976 Tampa Bay Buccaneers was asked after a game about his offense's execution. His reply "I'm all for it".

Bledsoe's career is on the line this Sunday. They have been correcting things and making the excuse that they have to execute better for the last 16 games and 24 of the last 26 games. Enough is enough. If the Bills offense does not turn it around this week, this season is over and Bledsoe is done as soon as Losman is healthy.

50377[/snapback]

Since when did you join the coaching staff Kasper?