Reed vs. Moulds

kgun

Would Moulds have higher #'s than Reed, if Kelly was the QB from '96-'05??  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Would Moulds have higher #'s than Reed, if Kelly was the QB from '96-'05??

• 1- Reed total rec. yards. '87-'96
    • 2- Moulds total rec. yards. '96-05

OK OK, I know I will always miss #80, and its gonna take a longgg while to get over it. I just wish Moulds put up better numbers. I was jumping for joy when we grabed him in '96.

Would Moulds have higher #'s if Kelly was the QB from '96-'05 vs. Reed from '87-'96?

IMO, Moulds wasn't even close to Reed. First of all, teams pass alot more now than they did in Reed's era. So it's almost silly to compare numbers. However, Reed still had better #s than Moulds. Secondly, the Bills were good when Reed was here. So Reed would come out of games early or the team would try and milk the clock. Moulds was on teams that would need to throw because they were down. Third, obviosulsly, Kelly is the best QB we ever had. However as a pure passer, Bledsoe isn't that bad. When he wasn't getting sacked, he was looking to throw to Moulds. Fourth, Reed had much better hands than Moulds. I don't recall Reed dropping many passes and Moulds of late has had some problems with drops. And finally, IMO, Reed was one of hte best ever after the catch. He constantly got yards after the catch. Moulds would do this occasionally, but not as often as I thought he should given his size. Moulds was a good player during a very average to bad period of Bills football. Andre Reed was a great player during a great era of Bills football. Of course, Reed is my favorite player of all time so I could be a little biased. :blink:

When all is said and done... Andre Reed is still the best WR the Bills ever had.

Moulds is footnote, and one I will forget about. He could've had a better career elsewhere, but I don't think Moulds would have outclassed Reed if Moulds was playing in ealry 90's, Andre is still the bills WR by which I will compare all future bills WR's.

Reed, hands down, with no disrespect meant to Moulds.

I have a mental video clip I can run in my head of notable drops and fumbles by Moulds. I can hardly think of any such plays involving Reed. Moulds could make more spectacular catches here and there but he would also flub a few.

IMO, Moulds wasn't even close to Reed.  First of all, teams pass alot more now than they did in Reed's era.  So it's almost silly to compare numbers.  However, Reed still had better #s than Moulds.  Secondly, the Bills were good when Reed was here.  So Reed would come out of games early or the team would try and milk the clock.  Moulds was on teams that would need to throw because they were down.  Third, obviosulsly, Kelly is the best QB we ever had.  However as a pure passer, Bledsoe isn't that bad.  When he wasn't getting sacked, he was looking to throw to Moulds.  Fourth, Reed had much better hands than Moulds.  I don't recall Reed dropping many passes and Moulds of late has had some problems with drops.  And finally, IMO, Reed was one of hte best ever after the catch.  He constantly got yards after the catch.  Moulds would do this occasionally, but not as often as I thought he should given his size.  Moulds was a good player during a very average to bad period of Bills football.  Andre Reed was a great player during a great era of Bills football.  Of course, Reed is my favorite player of all time so I could be a little biased.  :blink:

672512[/snapback]

See that is my area in question. You would think on paper that moulds would be more elusive and would rack up lot's of YAC. But it is Reed that shoved defenders around.

Where Moulds has the size and strength to break more tackles. But sure enough, Reed busted through the middle of the field ALL day.

When all is said and done... Andre Reed is still the best WR the Bills ever had.

Moulds is footnote, and one I will forget about. He could've had a better career elsewhere, but I don't think Moulds would have outclassed Reed if Moulds was playing in ealry 90's, Andre is still the bills WR by which I will compare all future bills WR's.

672627[/snapback]

Moulds did have a better character, he only had issues with one QB. Reed threw fits numerous times. Also, he got in a situation with kelly about a woman and was pissed at him. (I think that occurred???)

Moulds did have a better character, he only had issues with one QB. Reed threw fits numerous times. Also, he got in a situation with kelly about a woman and was pissed at him. (I think that occurred???)

672644[/snapback]

I disagree. Reed had a few incidences but nothing I would use against him.

didn't Moulds have an illegitimate child that he avoided making child support payments on in his early years, or was that 10 other Bills

I disagree. Reed had a few incidences but nothing I would use against him.

didn't Moulds have an illegitimate child that he avoided making child support payments on in his early years, or was that 10 other Bills

672645[/snapback]

I think Reed got kicked out of a game against Cleveland, maybe 1995 at Cleveland- was that one?

I would say Reed and here is why:

Do not underestimate that when looking ar Reed's numbers, the Bills won a ton of games...and when you are leading in a lot of games you tend to pass less....I can recall a few games where Jimo would be 9-12 for 130 yards or so in a 38-0 blowout (not 100 percent accurate here, but I hope you get my drift)....

And I agree about the consistency...Reed has Moulds beat there...Moulds would have been REAL good with Kelly, but I do not believe his numbers would have been any better then Reed's because the Bills had more leads in Kelly's era.