The Saints are on the clock...

#2 overall, the New Orleans saints select DE Mario Williams from NC State... Tennessee is on the clock.

671825[/snapback]

Tenn will make the mistake of the draft and select Vince Young at #3

mario to NO

young to TEN

leinart to NYJ

hawk to GB

davis to SF

cutler to OAK

we all know who that leaves.......

671828[/snapback]

I see the same order happening except I think the Jets and Oak do in fact make a trade with oak getting Lienhart and the Jets taking Cutler

if D'brick is there obviiously he is the choice, if not move down is the better option

Brick, comes off the board right here.

671829[/snapback]

or we can take some trade offers to move down a few spots (but not more than 5 spots).

i would have no problem trading down a few spots and selecting justice.

or we can take some trade offers to move down a few spots (but not more than 5 spots).

i would have no problem trading down a few spots and selecting justice.

671857[/snapback]

I would, stay where we are, draft hawk or huff, then load up on OL depth. Our defense sucked pretty good last year to.

mario to NO

young to TEN

leinart to NYJ

hawk to GB

davis to SF

cutler to OAK

we all know who that leaves.......

671828[/snapback]

Jets will not draft Leinart, especially if NO takes Brick as expected and leaves Mario for Jets.

Unlikley that Raiders will trade up for Leinart. They would more likely target Young or Mario in a trade.

Jets will not draft Leinart, especially if NO takes Brick as expected and leaves Mario for Jets.

Unlikley that Raiders will trade up for Leinart. They would more likely target Young or Mario in a trade.

671907[/snapback]

yes yes, we know, you've been making the same points for months.......don't forget "marv will not trade down"..........

we'll get all the answers soon enough.......

As I stated before, the only way DA BRICK falls to us is this:

HOU - Bush

NO - Williams

TEN - Young

NYJ - Leinart

GB - Hawk

SF - Davis

OAK - Huff, Ngata, or someone else besides DA BRICK

BUF - DA BRICK

I will be doing backflips if this happens, but I truly expect DA BRICK to be gone by #4 at the latest.

671907[/snapback]

Saints won't draft Brick. They have moved J.Brown to left tackle and don't need to use a #2 overall pick to draft a right tackle.

It's also unlikely that they draft Brick to be their LT and move J.Brown back to right tackle. Don't forget Brown was the #13 overall pick last year, Saints don't need two young players with left tackle contracts and have one of them play RT.

Immediately after that post is this one:

POSTED 11:55 a.m. EDT, April 27, 2006

"CASSERLY CONFIRMS IT -- NO DEAL YET FOR BUSH

In our quest to actually engage in some "real" journalism (imagine that), we've heard from Texans G.M. Charley Casserly as to the rumors we've heard of a done deal between the Texans and tailback Reggie Bush.

After catching wind of the agreement from a source who has been rock-solid for us in the past, we initially called Texans V.P. of comunications Tony Wyllie. We left a message on Wyllie's cell phone, and then we tried to reach Casserly. We heard back from Wyllie first, and we've now had a chance to talk to the G.M. himself.

And Casserly confirms the team's position that no deal is in place.

In so doing, Casserly sounded pretty convincing to us.

He said that the rumor of a deal is "absolutely not true." Casserly said that the team is in active negotiations with both Bush and defensive end Mario Williams. "That's the honest to God truth," Casserly added.

So now we're torn. The source who told us about the deal is a credible one. But "honest to God" is a pretty strong affirmation, unless Casserly secretly is an atheist or something.

For now, we'll take the team's word for it. But we're also going to follow up with our source."

Saints won't draft Brick. They have moved J.Brown to left tackle and don't need to use a #2 overall pick to draft a right tackle.

It's also unlikely that they draft Brick to be their LT and move J.Brown back to right tackle. Don't forget Brown was the #13 overall pick last year, Saints don't need two young  players with left tackle contracts and have one of them play RT.

671936[/snapback]

That would be preferable to taking Williams and putting one of their former first round DEs on the bench with his big contract. How is that a better situation than your argument?

Even if Brown was the 13th pick, he wasn't top 5- so his salary is not huge.

Camp has not started, so any talk of moving Brown to LT amounts to just talk.

Since Benson wants to move to LA, a flashy offense is more important than a stout D- so teh LT makes more sense.