Packers sign Charles Woodson

Estro

Yep, not at $45 million with $10.5 million in the first year.  That's not good value.

671440[/snapback]

That's not that big of a deal, with only 10.5 mil in bonus money. I would be suprised if Clements accepted any less than 15-18 up front and 50 total over 7 years. Don't know how Woodson signing for less than that really affects Clements at all...

brett favre said that who they brought in as free agents would make or break his decision. They havent really done much to this point, i wonder if favre knew a deal was in the works for woodson.

671539[/snapback]

Ahhh who knows, I believe he was never going to retire, he figured this year couldnt have been any worse so he decided to give it one last shot. Maybe to grab some of Marinos records. I dont think he wanted to go out like he did.

Taking into account salaries and bonuses and such, woodson's deal is essentially a 3 yr deal for 18 million. Also, his 10.5 mil "bonus" was not signing bonus, so its not prorated. Essentially then can cut him almost scot free after 3 seasons if hes not playing up to par.