Why ESPN Pisses Me Off

I'm watching this ESPN draft special right now, and in the first 10 minutes they have used the word "signability" (referring to the probability that a team would be able to sign their first rounder without much trouble) about 15 times. Is it even a freakin word? If it is a word, is it just me or does it not sound right? Even if it's me just being picky, ESPN is still < RJ.... :)

Not a Word

Just another stupid ESPN made up word...E$PN:  Contributing to the dumbing down of America, BOOYAH!!!  :)

670154[/snapback]

just like "physicality". While technically a word, not in the way they use it. But then again, getting"umbergered" not in that dictionary, but every body knows what that means now ;)

just like "physicality". While technically a word, not in the way they use it. But then again, getting"umbergered" not in that dictionary, but every body knows what that means now :)

670164[/snapback]

lol. Physicality is another one that pisses me off. Oh and not only did they keep saying it over and over, they had a little text box at the bottom of the screen that said something like "how much does signability affect a GM's decisions?"

lol. Physicality is another one that pisses me off. Oh and not only did they keep saying it over and over, they had a little text box at the bottom of the screen that said something like "how much does signability affect a GM's decisions?"

670169[/snapback]

I just heard physicality on WGR. UGGGGHHH. Please learn the language if you use it for a living.

How about conversate? :)

Not a Word

Just another stupid ESPN made up word...E$PN:  Contributing to the dumbing down of America, BOOYAH!!!  ;)

670154[/snapback]

Ugg. I actually turned on ESPN this morning for the first time in several months to see if I could catch some Sabers highlights. The first three minutes I have it on while getting ready from work and I hear the "BOOYAH" from retard Scott. Then I remembered why I never watch ESPN>

If you like the guy, sorry, he just annoys me everytime I hear him speak. He doesn't have to speak actually, just looking at his stupid sheep's face makes me want to slap him! :)

On anothe note, is there ANYWHERE in Richmond where they have center Ice and would show the Sabers? I was at the pool hall last night, talking to the proprietor about getting it in the future (and about how Cambell splattered that frog the other night) and this super cute girl came in with her crew wanting to know if they were showing the Sabers. She had a Bills hat on too! If I didn't have a league match that night, I might have gone with them.

What about Mulligans?

athleticism sets me off, and once I heard the word "Trickeration" used.

670202[/snapback]

WTF is "trickeration"?

Does it come inside a 60's breakfast cereal?

OK, the same complaint theme has been used ad nauseum in a lot of different areas, but damn - it seems like each year that goes by TV gets dumber because it's cheaper to do so, and they have it in their heads that we will accept anything because it's TV.

That said, I have no idea how to change it. The "smart" channels, like History, Discovery and NGC have fallen into it as well. UFO tabloid and secret weapons of the Nazis. Sheesh.

I'm watching this ESPN draft special right now, and in the first 10 minutes they have used the word "signability" (referring to the probability that a team would be able to sign their first rounder without much trouble) about 15 times. Is it even a freakin word? If it is a word, is it just me or does it not sound right? Even if it's me just being picky, ESPN is still < RJ.... :)

670114[/snapback]

It's all the more ridiculous when you realize that all you have to do is say, "is he signable?" to get the point across AND continue speaking English. ;)

Ugg. I actually turned on ESPN this morning for the first time in several months to see if I could catch some Sabers highlights. The first three minutes I have it on while getting ready from work and I hear the "BOOYAH" from retard Scott. Then I remembered why I never watch ESPN>

If you like the guy, sorry, he just annoys me everytime I hear him speak. He doesn't have to speak actually, just looking at his stupid sheep's face makes me want to slap him! :)

On anothe note, is there ANYWHERE in Richmond where they have center Ice and would show the Sabers? I was at the pool hall last night, talking to the proprietor about getting it in the future (and about how Cambell splattered that frog the other night) and this super cute girl came in with her crew wanting to know if they were showing the Sabers. She had a Bills hat on too! If I didn't have a league match that night, I might have gone with them.

What about Mulligans?

670201[/snapback]

Bro, the Lenz household open and ready for business. Seriously, I watch every game. Been watching on the covered porch. Any Richmondites want in, im good.

Only deal is I tivo the first 45 minutes or so as the little lenz knuckleheads go to bed at 7.30. My pennance for hopefully having the the next two months of every other night tied up is kid duty on game nights. So, game starts at 7.45, but all caught up usaually by the 10 minute mark . You will miss no action

Ah yes, also TV out there a little small at 23 inch widescreen, but great Samsung LCD so all good. Also, must bring own beer ;)

I am at River and Gaskins, let me know!!!!!!

I hate ESPN, because they are the only media source that still *loves* Bar-roid Bonds. Everyone else agrees he's a roided up !@#$ and his "breaking" of ruth's record doesnt mean sh--, except them. They keep pimping his "chase for ruth" like anyone outside of barry cares.

Also, i hate the way they constantly deep throat the NBA. get a clue espn, the NBA (otherwise known as the national three point and dunk association) sucks.

I've noticed that "running downhill", or "east - west" fell out of favor last year.

I am happy that "possession receiver" (no speed) , "hard-nosed" (not good enough to start), and "high motor" (racial slur for a Caucasian who makes few tackles) remain in the vernacular. :)

670114[/snapback]

hey, if you have 564 reasons as to why espn pisses you off, how bout ya just stop watching it? ;):w00t:

670114[/snapback]

ESPN sucks because they've already had about 500 hours of NFL draft coverage so far in 2006 and the draft is still a few days away.

Seriously, spending 2 hours a day talking about the draft is not necessary. It's garbage.

And, yes, the NHL playoffs are more important than a "hard-hitting" interview with Matt Leinart about why he took ballroom dancing his last semester.