Bills focused on Bunkley?

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?...n_john#20060421

The Bills sound as though they are focused on taking Florida State defensive tackle Brodrick Bunkley with the eighth pick in the first round. Though left tackle is a need position, the Bills don't want to take Winston Justice of USC that high. Haloti Ngata of Oregon is too big and not quick enough for their new Cover 2 defensive scheme, which needs quicker defensive linemen. Cornerback Michael Huff of Texas would be a consideration but the team looks at him as more of a safety. Still, the Bills could be tempted to trade down a few spots if they get the right offer and still be in position to come up with Bunkley.

Sound like Bills know what there doing. I support this decision. :lol:

He's probably just saying that because of the video up on BB.com today of Marv and Modrak talking draft picks. Someone in the media asked Modrak to comment on Bunkley, so he did. Clayton probably picked that up as an indication that he's the guy we want.

Crack reporter, that guy.

John Clayton reminds me of what Jason from "Friday the 13th" would look like if he ever took off his hockey mask.

and before any of you jump all over me for picking on how Clayton looks,.....save it. i don't care.

Guest dog14787
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?...n_john#20060421

The Bills sound as though they are focused on taking Florida State defensive tackle Brodrick Bunkley with the eighth pick in the first round. Though left tackle is a need position, the Bills don't want to take Winston Justice of USC that high. Haloti Ngata of Oregon is too big and not quick enough for their new Cover 2 defensive scheme, which needs quicker defensive linemen. Cornerback Michael Huff of Texas would be a consideration but the team looks at him as more of a safety. Still, the Bills could be tempted to trade down a few spots if they get the right offer and still be in position to come up with Bunkley.

Sound like Bills know what there doing.  I support this decision. :)

667299[/snapback]

I'm saddened by the development :)

Vernon Davis was at the top of my wish list, but he's probably not going to be there anyway so lets beef up the defense. :lol:

I'll go cry now :lol:

I'm saddened by the development  :) 

Vernon Davis was at the top of my wish list, but he's probably not going to be there anyway so lets beef up the defense.  :lol:

I'll go cry now :lol:

667315[/snapback]

He wouldn't be there anyways seeing as how SF is going to select hi with thieir #6 and then draft someone for their secondary with the pick that they acquired from Denver.

He wouldn't be there anyways seeing as how SF is going to select hi with thieir #6 and then draft someone for their secondary with the pick that they acquired from Denver.

667321[/snapback]

Bingo! :lol:

Has Clayton ever been right?

667343[/snapback]

I'll have to get back to you on that one! :lol:

Funny, ESPNs Todd McShay is saying the opposite....

• Despite their switch from a two-gap defensive front to more of a one-gap penetration scheme, the Bills have Oregon DT Haloti Ngata rated ahead of Florida State DT Brodrick Bunkley. Ngata is a massive prospect (338 pounds) who seemingly fits the Ted Washington-mold as a space-eating nose tackle in the middle of a 3-4 scheme. However, Ngata spent most of his time as a 4-3 DT/NT at Oregon and would be asked to do the same if drafted by the Bills with the eighth overall pick.

You would think ESPNs staff would perhaps communicate between themselves beforehand. :lol:

Also...

Len Pasquarelli says: Despite talk about the Jets possibly trying to move up from their current No. 4 slot in the first round, the team doesn't appear to have any such designs, no matter what transpires ahead of them

McShay says: Multiple sources have told me the Jets are aggressively seeking a deal that would catapult them to the top of the draft board to bring Bush to New York.

He's probably just saying that because of the video up on BB.com today of Marv and Modrak talking draft picks. Someone in the media asked Modrak to comment on Bunkley, so he did. Clayton probably picked that up as an indication that he's the guy we want.

Crack reporter, that guy.

667301[/snapback]

LOL. I think you're dead on.

I've been a Ngata basher but I've said before I would take him over Bunkley, who I consider to be an even greater injury risk and possesses less upside.

I'd rather the Bills take neither and trade down.

667459[/snapback]

Unless Huff is on the board still.