Bills focused on Bunkley?

Todd McShay yesterday :lol:

Despite their switch from a two-gap defensive front to more of a one-gap penetration scheme, the Bills have Oregon DT Haloti Ngata rated ahead of Florida State DT Brodrick Bunkley. Ngata is a massive prospect (338 pounds) who seemingly fits the Ted Washington-mold as a space-eating nose tackle in the middle of a 3-4 scheme. However, Ngata spent most of his time as a 4-3 DT/NT at Oregon and would be asked to do the same if drafted by the Bills with the eighth overall pick.

Word has it that new general manager Marv Levy has concerns regarding Bunkley's off-the-field issues and also worries about the Florida State product adjusting to the cold winters in Buffalo. That said, the Bills are not as sold on drafting a defensive tackle with their first-round pick (No. 8) as most have been led to believe. In fact, we've been told the team would seriously consider drafting Texas DB Michael Huff if he's available.

Marv's done a great job of mixing everybody up, I don't even think the cab driver's gonna know who the Bills are taking. :lol:

Not sure of why there's so much Bunkley bashing going on here. This guy had 22 tackles for loss of yardage and he had 9 sacks last season. I was watching a Senior Bowl recap show on the NFL network the other day and it showed Bunkley knocking Max Jean Gilles backwards like he was hit by a cannon ball. The guy is strong like an ox and doesn't have a rap that he doesn't always play hard like Ngata does. I will not be upset if he's our pick. Would I like it if they traded down to pick him a few spots later? Of course, but that's risky for a team that needs one of the DTs or Justice. They could end up with none of them after trading down. I say if Bunkleuy's their guy then don't get cute, just go ahead and take him with the eigth pick Marv.

Not sure of why there's so much Bunkley bashing going on here. This guy had 22 tackles for loss of yardage and he had 9 sacks last season. I was watching a Senior Bowl recap show on the NFL network the other day and it showed Bunkley knocking Max Jean Gilles backwards like he was hit by a cannon ball. The guy is strong like an ox and doesn't have a rap that he doesn't always play hard like Ngata does. I will not be upset if he's our pick. Would I like it if they traded down to pick him a few spots later? Of course, but that's risky for a team that needs one of the DTs or Justice. They could end up with none of them after trading down. I say if Bunkleuy's their guy then don't get cute, just go ahead and take him with the eigth pick Marv.

667678[/snapback]

Actually he had 25 tackles for loss last season. I can understand some flack because his stock has risen since the end of the season but I feel he's a better talent than Ngata. As Bunkley brings a more complete package. Of course there are questions if either one is deserving a top 10 pick, as I'd rather go with Huff and land a quality DT with a lower pick. I also like Wroten and as my mock shows O'rien Harris as guys who might be available if don't use our 1st on a DT.

667678[/snapback]

I wouldn't be upset either if we got this guy. Ferguson is my first choice but I doubt he'll be there when we pick. Huff is another need guy who I wouldn't be angry about either.