Gas price rose 11 cents in the time it took

I drove by the local Mobil station on the way to the supermarket at 2:00 today.  The price was 3.13.9 for premium.  About a half hour I'm driving home & it was 3.24.9.  This is insane!

665710[/snapback]

i was studying at a coffee shop near my house. when i got there gas was 1.08$ the litre. I look up 20 minutes later and it was 1.16$ a litre.

get a hybrid...  it still drinks gas, but at least you get a tax break

665711[/snapback]

That only works if you're in the market for a new car. As with every other tax break, you have to spend 3-4 times what you get back. Since my car is all paid for, has 63,000 miles & has features that none of the hybrids have I can't get a hybrid for at least a few more years.

That only works if you're in the market for a new car.  As with every other tax break, you have to spend 3-4 times what you get back.  Since my car is all paid for, has 63,000 miles & has features that none of the hybrids have I can't get a hybrid for at least a few more years.

665738[/snapback]

Speaking of features, next year's Prius has "auto park" in it, meaning it will park in a spot or parallel park for you automatically. How cool is that? <_<

It's been available on the Prius in Japan for a year or two already.

CW

I'll start to worry when gas is about 6 bucks a gallon.

Not that I like putting gas into my tank only to burn it... There is so much that one can cut out of their budget to make up for the rise in price... Yes, it hurts.

Price of crude still hasn't approached the levels WHEN CORRECTED WITH INFLATION... But, is getting close...

<_<

Speaking of features, next year's Prius has "auto park" in it, meaning it will park in a spot or parallel park for you automatically.  How cool is that? :w00t:

It's been available on the Prius in Japan for a year or two already.

CW

665817[/snapback]

What happens when you press "auto park" and commit to the action and some knucklehead squeezes into your spot before you?...

The Japanese are still working out all the "American driving bugs."

<_<;)

The busiest guy in the USA is the guy who takes down the OLD price sign and puts up the NEW price sign....and he is supposed to be busy ALL  summer...

665922[/snapback]

As the oilman laughs, and rubs his hands together and says I love this decade......

As the oilman laughs, and rubs his hands together and says I love this decade......

665959[/snapback]

It's not nice to talk about our elected officials this way.

What happens when you press "auto park" and commit to the action and some knucklehead squeezes into your spot before you?...

The Japanese are still working out all the "American driving bugs."

:flirt:  :doh:

665910[/snapback]

The problem isn't the technology, or even American driving habits. It's American legal habits. Toyota knows that the moment some dumbass American misuses the auto-park system, they'll get sued. That they're finally selling the feature over here just means their lawyers finally figured out the legal protections necessary to sell it.