Sportscenter is focussing on the Bills and

Sportcenter has been focussing on one or two teams a night and addressing who they might take with their first round pick. Tonights the Bills...just thought I'd give the heads up. Sportcenter just started.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rundown:

-price returns to replace moulds (no, price comes to replace lee, who replaces moulds)

-mort reports that the bills last were in the playoffs during the homerun throwup

-mort reports that ralph wilson was overbearing on mike mularkey and was the reason why kelly holcomb started over jp last year. he also says that ralph should be in the hall of fame

-kiper runs down some OL names. predicts them to pick one in round 1 or 2

-TJ wants the bills to pick a DT... brodrick bunkley (sp?) from florida

end of the rundown

basically, TJ and kiper believes the bills weakness is in the trenches so they think we'll pick up some good talent on both lines. Mort just ripped on ralph wilson. "ralph ran off polian, butler, TD, mularkey, bla bla bla", "marv levy is a hall of fame coach, but he won't be a hall of fame GM" Mort has lost all credibility due to his reporting on the bills. I will never respect his opinion on any nfl matter.

My opinion on the bills draft piece: its nothing we don't already know... pick up the best linemen in the early rounds as you can.

(no, price comes to replace lee, who replaces moulds)

No, Price comes to replace Price, as since he left the Bills have been lacking an overpaid coward who doesn't deserve to be on an NFL roster.

mort reports that ralph wilson was overbearing on mike mularkey and was the reason why kelly holcomb started over jp last year.

But, but, but "Meathead" is a stupid coach and was just trying to save his job!!! <_<

Mort just ripped on ralph wilson. "ralph ran off polian, butler, TD, mularkey, bla bla bla", "marv levy is a hall of fame coach, but he won't be a hall of fame GM" Mort has lost all credibility due to his reporting on the bills.

He's lost all credibility because he's exactly right? ;)

But, but, but "Meathead" is a stupid coach and was just trying to save his job!!!  <_<

He's lost all credibility because he's exactly right?  ;)

664856[/snapback]

no, he lost his credibility because he slants all bills reports as anti-ralph wilson. he needs to get over the fact that ralphy cut loose his butt buddy. whether or not he's right, you don't slant your journalism that much and retain your credibility.

Sportcenter has been focussing on one or two teams a night and addressing who they might take with their first round pick.  Tonights the Bills...just thought I'd give the heads up.  Sportcenter just started.

664839[/snapback]

The noun, focus, when used as an intransitive verb - one sans a direct object - does not require an additional "s". ;)

What a pest I am...this stuff was pounded into me in grade school. <_<

rundown:

Mort just ripped on ralph wilson.  "ralph ran off polian, butler, TD, mularkey, bla bla bla", "marv levy is a hall of fame coach, but he won't be a hall of fame GM"  Mort has lost all credibility due to his reporting on the bills.  I will never respect his opinion on any nfl matter. 

664851[/snapback]

Yes, Polian and Wilson were never the best of friends and eventually the two did not care for each other. BIG REALITY CHECK --> Happens in business all the time! Wilson and Polian have both gotten over it.

As for Butler, as I seem to recall, Butler forced his own hand out of town. Didn't Wilson try to extend his contract before Butler ran off to San Diego with AJ Smith?

As for TD, he dug his own grave. This was never more apparent than last year. Remember it was Wilson that stepped in to resolve the Moulds - Mularkey mess. That should have been Donahoe's job to resolve. Management 101. If you can't resolve that situation in house, you don't deserve to be in a management position, much less a GM in the NFL!

Wilson ran off Mularkey? Are you kidding me? PLEASE! Mularkey was unable to manage Wilson's team. The Moulds situation, the Adams situation, calling out McGahee in the press, allowing a QB controvery to brew, etc. Let me say it again - ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Mularkey ran his own incompetent arse out of town!

Ok, I'm done ranting...I'll switch to decaf now... <_<

Sportcenter has been focussing on one or two teams a night and addressing who they might take with their first round pick.  Tonights the Bills...just thought I'd give the heads up.  Sportcenter just started.

664839[/snapback]

The noun, focus, when used as an intransitive verb - one sans a direct object -  does not require an additional "s". ;)

What a pest I am...this stuff was pounded into me in grade school. <_<

664869[/snapback]

All that, and you didn't rip him on the misuse of the plural instead of the correct positive form of the noun Tonight?

Can eye by ewe a drink? Take my offer before it goes buy-buy, bye crackie!

Than he might dew it wright.

Oh Lord, I'm sick.

All that, and you didn't rip him on the misuse of the plural instead of the correct positive form of the noun Tonight?

Can eye by ewe a drink? Take my offer before it goes buy-buy, bye crackie!

Than he might dew it wright.

Oh Lord, I'm sick.

664875[/snapback]

Tsk, Tsk, Nanker. What will you have me do? I already picked at the fellow for a grammatical obscurity, for which he should legitimately tell me to go th h*ll, but you now want me to bash the guy over an apostrophe???

Pick your own fights. :lol:

Or are we suffering from the limitations of the typed words? Never attempt sarcasm or cuteness. Never. ;)<_<:lol:

no, he lost his credibility because he slants all bills reports as anti-ralph wilson.  he needs to get over the fact that ralphy cut loose his butt buddy.  whether or not he's right, you don't slant your journalism that much and retain your credibility.

664859[/snapback]

I kind of split the middle between you two. Ralph probably is meddlesome, but I am not sure any of us would be that much different if we owned the team.

Marv is probably the only person in the world (other than Jeff Littman) who not only tolerates Ralph's meddling ways but welcomes his input...Does that mean Marv will fail and the Bills will fail...well that's why they play the game...but I wouldn't bet against Marv Levy.....(Marv Apologist = JoeF)

The noun, focus, when used as an intransitive verb - one sans a direct object -  does not require an additional "s". <_<

664869[/snapback]

It does not require one, but it is not incorrect to use one.

focusing = focussing

Tsk, Tsk, Nanker. What will you have me do? I already picked at the fellow for a grammatical obscurity, for which he should legitimately tell me to go th h*ll, but you now want me to bash the guy over an apostrophe???

Pick your own fights. :lol:

Or are we suffering from the limitations of the typed words? Never attempt sarcasm or cuteness. Never. ;)  <_<  :D

664883[/snapback]

Who... Me? Never! :lol:

If you want to see it go to espn's homepage and scroll down the video section.

I saw it. Personally I think what they are saying is just wrong and it's basically an insult to this team. They didn't mention a thing about Price being resigned. Also, saying that we went with Losman, because our defense was so good. Please, that's not why we went with Losman. Also they didn't even mention that JP would be challeged for the starting job this year. Espn seems like they dislike the Bills and they don't give them credit for things that are huge improvements for the team. I hate how they said Levy won't likely be a good GM. THey haven't given him enough time yet. Espn seems to say more negative things about the Bills than positve things.

Ah, glad to see Mort's still carrying a torch for his old flame, TD.

664916[/snapback]

That's exactly it. We need to take everything Mort gives us with a grain of salt. He's still ticked TD got canned, and it's affecting--either consciously or subconsciously--his reporting.

Gratuitous shots at Ralph Wilson, whether they are true or not, have little to do with a Sportscenter draft preview of the Bills and a lot to do with defending his buddy.

That's exactly it. We need to take everything Mort gives us with a grain of salt. He's still ticked TD got canned, and it's affecting--either consciously or subconsciously--his reporting.

Gratuitous shots at Ralph Wilson, whether they are true or not, have little to do with a Sportscenter draft preview of the Bills and a lot to do with defending his buddy.

664954[/snapback]

I saw more criticism about the Bills than actually finding way to help them. It's like I said before, Espn seems to say more negative things about the Bills than positve things.

rundown:

-price returns to replace moulds (no, price comes to replace lee, who replaces moulds)

-mort reports that the bills last were in the playoffs during the homerun throwup

-mort reports that ralph wilson was overbearing on mike mularkey and was the reason why kelly holcomb started over jp last year.  he also says that ralph should be in the hall of fame

-kiper runs down some OL names.  predicts them to pick one in round 1 or 2

-TJ wants the bills to pick a DT...  brodrick bunkley (sp?) from florida

end of the rundown

basically, TJ and kiper believes the bills weakness is in the trenches so they think we'll pick up some good talent on both lines.  Mort just ripped on ralph wilson.  "ralph ran off polian, butler, TD, mularkey, bla bla bla", "marv levy is a hall of fame coach, but he won't be a hall of fame GM"  Mort has lost all credibility due to his reporting on the bills.  I will never respect his opinion on any nfl matter. 

My opinion on the bills draft piece:  its nothing we don't already know...  pick up the best linemen in the early rounds as you can.

664851[/snapback]

If Mort said that, then my opinion of him has diminished. That's simply not a professional thing to say, and it smacks of water cooler talk with his buddy Tom Donahoe. The fact of the matter is, Donahoe didn't get the job done. He failed the Buffalo Bills and left with an abysmal record. It's also true that Marv doesn't have any GM experience and I too was, and still am, skeptical of Ralph's choice. But the season hasn't even started yet and Mort is making a snide judgment on Marv's skill as a GM? That's not what a high-character sports analyst is supposed to say. It's what a buddy of Donahoe is wont to say.

And WHO IS a hall of fame GM, Mort? Your buddy there? What a revealing comment.

just watched the clip. Mort has no CREDIBILITY!!!!! The bit is supposed to be about what the team needs and will do, not what he thinks about his inside guys leaving.

664990[/snapback]

Anybody know what Mort's email address is?

I also saw a segment with Mort when they were talking about the success and stability of the Steelers, and he was sure to mention Tom Donohoe as part of that.