Bills/Cowboys Draft Day Trade?

Peter

I apologize if this already has been posted. I heard a rumor on Sirius that the Cowboys are gaga over Huff. Many of the mock drafts have him being picked by Detroit (the pick right after ours).

If the above is correct, the Cowboys are a potential draft day trade partner. They pick at 18. That may be too far down the board depending on who we may want at 18 and would still be available.

It also will depend on whether whoever we may be targeting is still available at the 8 spot and what else the Cowboys (or anyone else for that matter) may be offering. If, for example, D'Brick is still there, we really have to take him.

According to one value chart I saw, the 8th pick is worth 1400 points. The 18th pick is worth 900 points. The 49th pick (the Cowboys second round pick) is worth 410 points. The Cowboys' third round pick is worth 190 points. They do not have a fourth round pick.

Just food for thought.

unless D'Brickashaw Ferguson or Mario Williams is available, I am in favor of trading down. the Bills have too many needs and the more picks they have to help fill those needs the better off they will be.

unless D'Brickashaw Ferguson or Mario Williams is available, I am in favor of trading down.  the Bills have too many needs and the more picks they have to help fill those needs the better off they will be.

664493[/snapback]

I totally agree that we have to take D'Brick or Mario if they somehow fall to us.

I agree, we should trade down if the option is there, unless one of those two guys happen to be there (which they won't).

However, I wonder if the recent CBA dealings might have some affect on Jones and his willingness to do business with Ralph, even on draft day? My guess is that it won't, particularly since this would have more to do with Jones getting what he wants, rather than the other way around.

unless D'Brickashaw Ferguson or Mario Williams is available, I am in favor of trading down.  the Bills have too many needs and the more picks they have to help fill those needs the better off they will be.

664493[/snapback]

I'm in favor of trading down if the trade down is right. They have too many needs to get two mediocre players instead of one impact player, so trading down no matter what makes about as much sense as taking a lineman no matter what. But if we can find a team that wants to pick at #8 more than we do (because of Cutler, Huff, whoever) and they will give us more value, let's do it.

more importantly, who would you want us to pick at 18?

if the cowboys want a safety, Jason Allen should be there from Tennessee at 18, hes a good player, im not sure why they would want to give up the extra picks for Huff but whatever

if the cowboys want a safety, Jason Allen should be there from Tennessee at 18, hes a good player, im not sure why they would want to give up the extra picks for Huff but whatever

664505[/snapback]

I would try to drop down again to the end of the first round and get either another second rounder or multiple picks back.

To me, picks 8 to 30 are roughly the same in this draft. It's either you get one of the top 7 guys, or you trade down.

I apologize if this already has been posted.  I heard a rumor on Sirius that the Cowboys are gaga over Huff.  Many of the mock drafts have him being picked by Detroit (the pick right after ours). 

If the above is correct, the Cowboys are a potential draft day trade partner.  They pick at 18.  That may be too far down the board depending on who we may want at 18 and would still be available. 

It also will depend on whether whoever we may be targeting is still available at the 8 spot and what else the Cowboys (or anyone else for that matter) may be offering.  If, for example, D'Brick is still there, we really have to take him.

According to one value chart I saw, the 8th pick is worth 1400 points.  The 18th pick is worth 900 points.  The 49th pick (the Cowboys second round pick) is worth 410 points.  The Cowboys' third round pick is worth 190 points.  They do not have a fourth round pick.

Just food for thought.

664484[/snapback]

terrell owens for our #1 -- straight up

I agree, we should trade down if the option is there, unless one of those two guys happen to be there (which they won't).

However, I wonder if the recent CBA dealings might have some affect on Jones and his willingness to do business with Ralph, even on draft day?

664499[/snapback]

Jones has no conscience. He'd do a trade with Osama Bin Laden if he thought it would make the 'boys better.

Wow, drop from 8 to 18? What's that, like 2 hours more to wait in NFL draft years?

664503[/snapback]

2 and 1/2. 15 minutes per pick. As much as I enjoy reading about whom the Bills have drafted on Sunday afternoon and Monday, that's exactly how much I dislike spending my time waiting for the selections to occur.

This year I continue my three-years-and-running tradition of hitting the links on Draft Saturday at around noon.

I apologize if this already has been posted.  I heard a rumor on Sirius that the Cowboys are gaga over Huff.  Many of the mock drafts have him being picked by Detroit (the pick right after ours). 

If the above is correct, the Cowboys are a potential draft day trade partner.  They pick at 18.  That may be too far down the board depending on who we may want at 18 and would still be available. 

It also will depend on whether whoever we may be targeting is still available at the 8 spot and what else the Cowboys (or anyone else for that matter) may be offering.  If, for example, D'Brick is still there, we really have to take him.

According to one value chart I saw, the 8th pick is worth 1400 points.  The 18th pick is worth 900 points.  The 49th pick (the Cowboys second round pick) is worth 410 points.  The Cowboys' third round pick is worth 190 points.  They do not have a fourth round pick.

Just food for thought.

664484[/snapback]

So would you switch for Dallas pick, 1, 2, and 3?

I think I would.

664505[/snapback]

because Jason Allen failed his physical with the dolphins and cowboys. Hip injuries can be some nasty things. A Degenerative hip made Jerry Azumah retire. I'd stay far away from Jason Allen.