Imagine if we lost to the Bengals?

Virgil

I know that it accomplishes nothing and includes rooting against the bills, but what if they lost that game to the Bengals at the end of last season and were picking 4th this year? Would you still want them to trade the pick or take one of the top prospects?

Personally, I would still want to trade the pick. I just don't see any one person changing our team and the potential of a rookie being a bust is higher than them earning the probowl money you would pay them. Plus, think of the great picks we would pry get offered to us in trade.

Once again, nothing we can do about it now, but something fun to think about than the reality that we are all beating ourselves up over.

Umm...yeah...what ARE you talking about...

But to rephrase the question, Imagine we lost to Cincinatti and were picking 3rd...

A: Take Mario if he is there.  Think about Brick/Hawk.  Otherwise trade down.

662914[/snapback]

I like to assume that T-McGee's play was inspired that day, and Divine intervention will allow our 8th spot to work out better than if we'd been 3rd :huh:

I hope anyone who wants the Bills to lose doesn't claim that he is a Bill's fan on other boards or IRL.  :S

662943[/snapback]

Exactly. I said it at the time, winning for the 30 players carrying over on the roster is probably worth as much as a few extra spots in the draft. Right now we feel like there is a huge difference, but pick the right players, and try to win more this season too. Top of the draft does not build champions as much as winning and building a winning football team. To do that winning matters more, even in a 5-11 season, than moving up a few spots.

I know that it accomplishes nothing and includes rooting against the bills, but what if they lost that game to the Bengals at the end of last season and were picking 4th this year?  Would you still want them to trade the pick or take one of the top prospects?

Personally, I would still want to trade the pick.  I just don't see any one person changing our team and the potential of a rookie being a bust is higher than them earning the probowl money you would pay them.  Plus, think of the great picks we would pry get offered to us in trade.

Once again, nothing we can do about it now, but something fun to think about than the reality that we are all beating ourselves up over.

662907[/snapback]

Actually we would have had the third pick of the draft due to the tiebreakers.

Exactly.  I said it at the time, winning for the 30 players carrying over on the roster is probably worth as much as a few extra spots in the draft.  Right now we feel like there is a huge difference, but pick the right players, and try to win more this season too.  Top of the draft does not build champions as much as winning and building a winning football team.  To do that winning matters more, even in a 5-11 season, than moving up a few spots.

662960[/snapback]

I don't understand why some people think we'll land another Bruce Smith with a high pick. The Bengals used always pick first but they have nothing to show for it. Not one HOF in the 90's.

I know that it accomplishes nothing and includes rooting against the bills, but what if they lost that game to the Bengals at the end of last season and were picking 4th this year?  Would you still want them to trade the pick or take one of the top prospects?

Personally, I would still want to trade the pick.  I just don't see any one person changing our team and the potential of a rookie being a bust is higher than them earning the probowl money you would pay them.  Plus, think of the great picks we would pry get offered to us in trade.

662907[/snapback]

We could get Vince for sure!