Alex Smith or JP Losman

If we had Alex Smith instead of Losman I would say Alex Smith

but I like JP and I'm going to pull for him this season. If he can't show some signs this year then I will start to sour. JP doesn;t have to light it up, but he needs ot show consistency improvements.

Dont you all understand.  THIS IS WHY WE TRADED UP FOR LOSMAN.

TD knew he had to spend a 1st round pick on a QB in 2004 or 2005.  In 2004 he looked, saw losman and in 2005 he saw aaron rogers and alex smith (and possibly andrew walter who was highly rated for a while).  He obviously thought (and from what I have seen thus far, he was correct) that losman was the best of the bunch and thus needed to trade up and take him in 2004.

For all TDs faults, this IS NOT ONE OF THEM.

Edit: He also liked roth, tried to trade up and couldnt.

661621[/snapback]

Sorry but this doesnt hold water. We could've had Matt Schaub in the 3rd. There are other qb's besides 1st rounders..... Not to mention Charlie Frye we could've had last year. It wasn't just losman smith or rodgers.

That's a pretty good answer... however, I hear Jesus has limited mobility and makes poor decisions under pressure.  Plus, he doesn't play on Sundays.  :blink:

661143[/snapback]

Yeah Jesus is a bit of a stiff, and some of his decisions at times can be questioned, but he's a true leader, and his teammates will definitly go to battle for him.

Yeah Jesus is a bit of a stiff,  and some of his decisions at times can be questioned, but  he's a true leader, and his teammates will definitly go to battle for him.

661740[/snapback]

I have a really bad joke about jesus being QB vs Losman, but since its good friday, i cant in good conscience tell it. So it'll have to wait until monday. :blink:

i'm not at all sold on losman, but smith is REALLY bad looking right now.

if the bills want to ditch or trade losman they can do so now or next year with little trouble, smith is locked up with the 49ers with HUGE cap costs if he goes.

the 49ers have chased out a young QB and 2 quality linebackers with their new coach. they might become the new bungles.

smith has a weak arm and small hands too. he isn't even equipped to play in the NFL.

JP looked bad and downright horrible at times, but he was all-pro compared to Alex Smith.  The major difference was that they knew they were gonna be horrible and we thought were a playoff team.  However, the 49ers are starting the kid again with total confidence.  Why isn't JP getting the same respect?  There is a huge learning curve for NFL QBs.  My guess is that maybe this is Marv's way of motivating JP.  There is a some competition now and he has to earn the job.  But that said, who would you rather have???

JP

2005 Buffalo Bills 9 8 228 113 49.6 1340 5.88 58 8 8 26/197 15 6 64.9

Alex Smith

2005 San Francisco 49ers 9 7 165 84 50.9 875 5.30 47 1 11 29/185 13 2 40.8

661136[/snapback]

why ask this ??? we have JP and 2 other QBs and we will not be trading >> so why ask yhis ?????????

JP Losman is 25 yrs old

Alex Smith is 21 years old

Does anyone really think Smith will be as bad as Losman in 4 years or as green? People forget how old Losman is and when you compare him to several QBs he's already closer to the age of Tom Brady than to Smith.

Smith can be good, Losman is already older than most QBs who are out of their first year in the league, and Smith is younger than most QBs after their first year.

In 2 years Smith will be 23 and Losman 27, and yet Smith could still be better than Losman in 4 years and be his current age now. I'm not saying Smith is good, but he has far more potential on a worse team, although this year both our teams will be equally as bad more or less.

JP Losman is 25 yrs old

Alex Smith is 21 years old

Does anyone really think Smith will be as bad as Losman in 4 years or as green? People forget how old Losman is and when you compare him to several QBs he's already closer to the age of Tom Brady than to Smith.

Smith can be good, Losman is already older than most QBs who are out of their first year in the league, and Smith is younger than most QBs after their first year.

In 2 years Smith will be 23 and Losman 27, and yet Smith could still be better than Losman in 4 years and be his current age now. I'm not saying Smith is good, but he has far more potential on a worse team, although this year both our teams will be equally as bad more or less.

662072[/snapback]

There's a good chance Smith will be out of football by the time he's 24.

Edit: BTW, when it comes to YOUNG QBs, you almost always want the older young QB.

There's a good chance Smith will be out of football by the time he's 24.

Edit:  BTW, when it comes to YOUNG QBs, you almost always want the older young QB.

662174[/snapback]

I think that's a great point. QB is the one position where you can't be immature (i.e. Ryan Leaf). Supposedly, that's what JP is struggling with. Hopefully, the lumps he took last year chilled him out a little bit (though his attitude seems fine to me). All in all, every player get better by PLAYING. Thanks again Murlarkey. :rolleyes:

Sorry but this doesnt hold water. We could've had Matt Schaub in the 3rd. There are other qb's besides 1st rounders..... Not to mention Charlie Frye we could've had last year. It wasn't just  losman smith or rodgers.

661739[/snapback]

Um...clearly players selected in the first round are presumed to be better than those selected in later rounds. This is not always true, but at the time the draft occurs THIS IS THE THOUGH. Therefore yes, this analysis DOES hold water.

Um...clearly players selected in the first round are presumed to be better than those selected in later rounds.  This is not always true, but at the time the draft occurs THIS IS THE THOUGH.  Therefore yes, this analysis DOES hold water.

662368[/snapback]

I think Shaub will turn out to be an excellent backup QB...or a starter on a team with a great D and a good running game. He doesn't bring the all the tools JP has avialable.

I think Shaub will turn out to be an excellent backup QB...or a starter on a team with a great D and a good running game.  He doesn't bring the all the tools JP has avialable.

662392[/snapback]

I love it how JP has played 8 games, and is a bust, and around these parts, schaub has played 2 good games, so hes a HOFer.

Hmmm, so many people want schaub and would give up a lot for him even though he's only started a couple of good games at QB. Hmmmm, where have i heard this scenario before? :rolleyes:

I love it how JP has played 8 games, and is a bust, and around these parts, schaub has played 2 good games, so hes a HOFer.

Hmmm, so many people want schaub and would give up a lot for him even though he's only started a couple of good games at QB.  Hmmmm, where have i heard this scenario before?  :rolleyes:

662404[/snapback]

The Schaub fan club is full of people who like to pretend they're smarter then everyone else.

He's the new TBD buzz word at QB, even though most of these people have barely seen him play. If he gets the chance to become a full time starter, he will be the reincarnation of AJ Feely.

Then these people will quietly step away from pimping him, so we all forget how dumb they really are.

He is a quality backup, and has nowhere near the upside, or talent of JP.