Gil Brandt on Sirius

Truer words were never spoken wrt this football team. Good job!  :D

Previously I was of the mind to take Davis at #8, because he represented a freak who doesn't come around all that often. However that was under the scenarios of failing to trade-up to get Mario Williams (which is STILL what I'd try to do, and he's a DL player, so it goes with what i was saying) and Ferguson being by far the best LT. But now that Justice has IMHO shown he has the athleticism to play LT (a 39" VJ?!), I'd be fine taking him since he fits a need, and since DT is a little deeper than other areas this year.

Huff and Davis are not Luxury picks they would fill a hole on the team. The Bills have no play making TE's that we know of and need a replacement receiver to replace Moulds (I think with moulds gone the Bills are more likely to draft Davis if available) Huff is a Safety which is another position we need to find a replacement after milloy is gone.

A luxury pick for Buffalo would be to take another QB, or starting RB, or a Punter in the first round. We have enough players with some talent to challenge for those job and bringing in another would not help this team out much.

But now that Justice has IMHO shown he has the athleticism to play LT (a 39" VJ?!)

657175[/snapback]

That was never the big question with him...it's his "character" that's preventing him from being a blue chip, automatic top 10 pick. Getting suspended a year for holding up someone with a fake gun, and then soliciting a prostitute...those may raise red flags for Marv :D .

I'm definitely more than willing to give Justice a second chance (everyone deserves one, especially if you were in your early 20's when you blew your first chance), but is Marv? If he doesn't at least meet with Justice personally between now and the draft, I can't see the Bills taking a chance on him at #8. By police record and game film alone, you can't tell if he's really a good person who's genuinely sorry for his mistakes, or if he's Marcus Vick.

True, if anything it's the character issues that might drop him off the Bills' board. But I thought it was a pellet gun and a joke, while the hooker thing was in HS?

And maybe calling TE and S "luxury" picks was wrong, but it all starts with the lines, and the Bills have needs on BOTH sides. And we don't know what he truly have in Everett and Euhus. And how many top-10 safeties have made an impact? How many safeties have been DRAFTED in the top-8 picks, for that matter?

That was never the big question with him...it's his "character" that's preventing him from being a blue chip, automatic top 10 pick. Getting suspended a year for holding up someone with a fake gun, and then soliciting a prostitute...those may raise red flags for Marv  :) .

I'm definitely more than willing to give Justice a second chance (everyone deserves one, especially if you were in your early 20's when you blew your first chance), but is Marv? If he doesn't at least meet with Justice personally between now and the draft, I can't see the Bills taking a chance on him at #8. By police record and game film alone, you can't tell if he's really a good person who's genuinely sorry for his mistakes, or if he's Marcus Vick.

657203[/snapback]

That was never the big question with him...it's his "character" that's preventing him from being a blue chip, automatic top 10 pick. Getting suspended a year for holding up someone with a fake gun, and then soliciting a prostitute...those may raise red flags for Marv .

Cmon now who in this room has never held someone up at gunpoint and solicited a prostitute. ;):P:)

I would actually be happy with Justice, Bunkley, or Ngata...But only in a Trade Down scenerio...I don't think there is going to be a Prospect available at #8 who is worthy of the #8 Overall Pick besides maybe Cutler, and the Bills are not going to take a QB...

Every day the Trade Down scenerio makes more sense to Me...The Bills could easily turn this into a 10-12 Pick Draft and give a HUGE boost to the Overall Talent on a Roster that is in great Need of Depth across the board... ;)

I'd really like to see us trade down from the 8th spot, unless D'Brickashaw Ferguson or Mario Williams falls to us there (very unlikely).

657836[/snapback]

I totally agree with you big guy.

Man, how sweet would it be to land either of those two guys?

Huff and Davis are not Luxury picks they would fill a hole on the team. The Bills have no play making TE's that we know of and need a replacement receiver to replace Moulds (I think with moulds gone the Bills are more likely to draft Davis if available) Huff is a Safety which is another position we need to find a replacement after milloy is gone.

A luxury pick for Buffalo would be to take another QB, or starting RB, or a Punter in the first round. We have enough players with some talent to challenge for those job and bringing in another would not help this team out much.

657195[/snapback]

Huff is a luxury pick because we have two starting S who can play right now, I dont care about in a couple of years. Davis is about as exciting as Ben Watson was when he came out, you're just following the leader like the rest of the sheep. We do NOT have DL or OL, nor do we have a QB. We will take Justice, Ngata/Bunkley, or Young.

PS- If Ralph really wants to make money he should take someone people would actually be excited to go see play, like Young. I don't give a damn about what you think about him, the guy is a baller and gets 'er done. Oh yeah and maybe people would have something else to say about Buffalo other than we are perennial doormats.

Vernon Davis gives me a hard on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kq5g7O9YvwQ...rch=nfl%20draft

Check out the game highlights that come after the combine highlights.  Beast.

658432[/snapback]

I was totally against this pick not so long ago...but now i think it may not be a bad choice at all. KE is a huge question mark right now and the Bills are at least 1 probably 2 years from fielding a highly competitive team.I think he is mch more talented than Watson ever was.If he is there at 8..it would be damn tempting.We have a good shot at picking higher than 8 next year and a whole 'nother offseason to shore up the lines.The kid just screams talent and if he is the best player on the board when the Bills pick comes..i say snag 'em.

657195[/snapback]

I am guessing that we might not even draft an WR in this draft. I think that Shepard is going to try and run the same kind of offense that he ran in St. Louis. Lots of three receiver sets with a strong blocking TE (Robert Royal) that is not involved in the receiving game much until the red zone.

So, look for lots of Evans and/or Price and/or A. Davis and/or Parrish and Willis McGahee. Royal mixed close to the end zone. I believe we go DT, OT, or S in round 1.