This administration IS insane.

TPS

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*evil snicker*

Blackness! I'm f*ckin up yo couch nigga!

657893[/snapback]

Darkness.

Real Rick James: See, I never just did things just to do them. Come on, what am I gonna do? Just all of a sudden jump up and grind my feet on somebody's couch like it's something to do? Come on. I got a little more sense then that.

[pause]

Real Rick James: Yeah, I remember grinding my feet on Eddie's couch.

Darkness.

Real Rick James: See, I never just did things just to do them. Come on, what am I gonna do? Just all of a sudden jump up and grind my feet on somebody's couch like it's something to do? Come on. I got a little more sense then that.

[pause]

Real Rick James: Yeah, I remember grinding my feet on Eddie's couch.

657898[/snapback]

yeah, that's right...it's been a while since I watched that. i love that skit...that and the Prince basketball one.

Why don't you go cleanse yourself in the waters of Lake Minnetonka?

The nuclear option?

God must be telling our president it's time for armageddon...

656435[/snapback]

My first impression is that this article is over the top misanthropic. Given the fanciful notions of some inside this administration with respect to Iraq, i.e. that we would be welcomed as liberators, that the turnover would be quick and rebuilding would be cheap, this line from the article does give me some pause.

One former defense official said the military planning was premised on a belief that "a sustained bombing campaign in Iran will humiliate the religious leadership and lead the public to rise up and overthrow the government,"

That said, here is a more sober article that explains to some extent why such weapons might be considered and that such an attack is not a forgone conclusion.

Washington Post Article

Perhaps it would have been prudent for a goverment that "has plans for every contingency and every scenario" to have some idea about what to do in the unlikely event that these geniuses were proven wrong.

657497[/snapback]

That would have required the geniuses to eat a serious amount of crow by turning around and adopting notions that they labeled "wildly off the mark". So what we have is what happens when inmates are in charge of the asylum.

On the bright side, we don't have to worry about the Bills leaving for Los Angeles.  The Bush administration will make sure Earth is a lifeless planet within 3 years.  That's just a contingency, of course.

PTR

657559[/snapback]

WHAT? WTF!?

I only have 3 years -maybe less than 3 years- to make Mandy Moore my bride?? DAMMIT! I've been working on a 10 year plan over here!

Thanks! Thanks a lot, President Bush! Thanks for ending the world and screwing up my life, you selfish prick!

WHAT?  WTF!?

I only have 3 years -maybe less than 3 years- to make Mandy Moore my bride??  DAMMIT!  I've been working on a 10 year plan over here!

Thanks!  Thanks a lot, President Bush!  Thanks for ending the world and screwing up my life, you selfish prick!

658498[/snapback]

Rumors are Mandy and Zach are marrying this year. Why are you still on a 10-year or even a three-year plan? Seems like you are slacking off here.

Rumors are Mandy and Zach are marrying this year. Why are you still on a 10-year or even a three-year plan? Seems like you are slacking off here.

658502[/snapback]

It's a complicated plan. I got most of my ideas from 24, which means most of the first parts of the plan don't make a whole lot of sense at first (or ever).

It's a complicated plan.  I got most of my ideas from 24, which means most of the first parts of the plan don't make a whole lot of sense at first (or ever).

658510[/snapback]

But at least you'll be able to drive across LA during rush hour in 10 minutes...

Just once, I want to see Jack Bauer stuck in a car on the LA expressway for two full episodes. And complaining he needs to take a piss. :lol:

Lifted from my response in another thread.

It is the responsibility of a military planner to examine the possible courses of action, dispassionately and provide viable possible solutions. This includes what will be understood as "throw aways", but they need to be discussed anyway to bring the more viable solutions into perspective. Now Hersh has got the rest of the media all cranked up.

I've said it (and so have others) a hundred times here. One can take a piece of an issue, and morph it into their own issue. News people do this constantly, because news is not news any more. There's stuff in the parent article that is total BS, but what's the use of trying to discuss any of it? It's on TV and in print now, ergo, it's credible and informative.

657567[/snapback]

I feel you BiB, but "led by the likes of Chalabi" even we knew his sordid corrupt reputation the minute his name was mentioned. We had a whole book on his crap, common sense said the Admin types like you should have known this was a disaster waiting to happen.

Even if I disagree with the reasons we went in, the plans execution in the immediate aftermath looked like it was put together on the fly with little consideration of all those contingencies you talk about. Otherwise Chalabi would never have been chosen. He makes corrupt Chicago politics look clean and Sadam's actions understandable.

But at least you'll be able to drive across LA during rush hour in 10 minutes... 

Just once, I want to see Jack Bauer stuck in a car on the LA expressway for two full episodes.  And complaining he needs to take a piss.  :lol:

658519[/snapback]

The only time I wsa in LA, I drove from the airport area to NBC in beautiful downtown Burbank (went north, then east) in 45 minutes on a Friday morning at 9 AM. When I told the desk clerk at the hotel I did that, she was amazed.

The only time I wsa in LA, I drove from the airport area to NBC in beautiful downtown Burbank (went north, then east) in 45 minutes on a  Friday morning at 9 AM.  When I told the desk clerk at the hotel I did that, she was amazed.

658580[/snapback]

Don't you know that the American work week is from Tuesday to Thursday?

:pirate::devil::lol:

It's a complicated plan.  I got most of my ideas from 24, which means most of the first parts of the plan don't make a whole lot of sense at first (or ever).

658510[/snapback]

You have a "plan," huh? OK, Senator Kerry. :P

I feel you BiB, but "led by the likes of Chalabi" even we knew his sordid corrupt reputation the minute his name was mentioned.  We had a whole book on his crap, common sense said the Admin types like you should have known this was a disaster waiting to happen.

Even if I disagree with the reasons we went in, the plans execution in the immediate aftermath looked like it was put together on the fly with little consideration of all those contingencies you talk about.  Otherwise Chalabi would never have been chosen.  He makes corrupt Chicago politics look clean and Sadam's actions understandable.

658549[/snapback]

"Admin Type"? I'm not an Admin type. I was a for hire "merceneary". When asked to write a weapons elimination plan for a certain country, I write a weapons elimination plan. And my plans work, golldarnnit.