Bills take Cutler?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What happened to DeAngelo Williams? At one point I saw him projected at 4 to the Jets. Now he's 21?

I'm with Mark. This guy should shut up and wait for the draft. It's pretty clear that the Saints are positioned to pick up Ferguson. I seriously doubt the Bills are picking a QB. At best this guy is guessing. He may have beeen liquored up while doing so.

He shouldn't try and think. Just report the news after it happens.

Hopefully, Cutler can play Guard and become a roadgrader in the running game.

656269[/snapback]

Well...The Bills would be a Solid 4 Deep at QB... :(

I think Cutler does go in the #8 slot, but I don't think the Bills will be Drafting him...It will be Arizona, Cleveland, or Minnesota...

Just my opinion... :lol:

I do think it's a good mock (with the reversal of his AJ Hawk to the Saints and the Packers taking Mario Williams).

Here's who Prisco has us not taking at #8 that are far more likely.

Michael Huff, CB-S, Texas

Winston Justice, T, USC

Jimmy Williams, CB, Virginia Tech

Broderick Bunkley, DT, Florida State

We have 5 QB's on the roster, but essentially Nall-Losman-Holcomb. I'm happier with that lineup's potential than Peters-Gandy-Jerman

or Tripplet-Anderson-Jefferson. I'd also take Huff for Safety help.

Could you imagine the depression amongst Bills fans if we took Jay Cutler? We're already low, what with the talk of moving to LA and our inability to improve this offseason...that would be the nail in our confidence coffin right there.

2006 Bills Draft **Version 4.0: Updated on 4/5 (Last Update Until Draft Week)**

------------------------------------

1. Winston Justice, OT from USC

2. Davin Joseph, OG from Oklahoma

3. Pat Watkins, S from FSU

3. Dusty Dvoracek, DT from Oklahoma

4. Hank Baskett, WR from New Mexico

5. Montavious Stanley, DT from Louisville

5. DonTrell Moore, RB from New Mexico

6. Matt Bernstein, FB from Wisconsin

7. David Pittman, CB from Northwestern State

7. Anthony Schlegel, ILB from Ohio State

With spending high picks on Winston Justice & Dvoracek (Christian Peters Jr.) your 4.0 draft version looks like you don't believe, or perhaps think Marv is bluffing that he will take players with "high character". Davin Joseph would be a good fit but not if Mangold is still there, and not if we don't go with Justice in the 1st. Are you sure you don't want to throw Marcus Vick in there somewhere? :(

Could you imagine the depression amongst Bills fans if we took Jay Cutler? We're already low, what with the talk of moving to LA and our inability to improve this offseason...that would be the nail in our confidence coffin right there.

With spending high picks on Winston Justice & Dvoracek (Christian Peters Jr.) your 4.0 draft version looks like you don't believe, or perhaps think Marv is bluffing that he will take players with "high character". Davin Joseph would be a good fit but not if Mangold is still there, and not if we don't go with Justice in the 1st. Are you sure you don't want to throw Marcus Vick in there somewhere? :(

656421[/snapback]

i like what you've done there, but i'd take more DTs higher in an ideal world.

if we like justice, i'd see us trading down and getting mcneal or eric winston AND a 2nd pick+ and perhaps grabbing

mcneal

max jean gilles

gabe watson

watkins

dvorak (his name as far as i am concerned)

wich IMO is better value.

at least 1 QB and perhaps davis will be there at 8. i'd take davis if he is as good as he looks, but a QB or davis would command some solid trade value.

With spending high picks on Winston Justice & Dvoracek (Christian Peters Jr.) your 4.0 draft version looks like you don't believe, or perhaps think Marv is bluffing that he will take players with "high character". Davin Joseph would be a good fit but not if Mangold is still there, and not if we don't go with Justice in the 1st. Are you sure you don't want to throw Marcus Vick in there somewhere? :lol:

656421[/snapback]

Mangold wont be drafted because the Bills signed Melvin Fowler to man the Center position.

You know, people rag on Winston Justice all the time, but the guy is 20 years old and got in trouble for solicitation when he was 18 years old. I did some REALLY dumb stuff when I was 18 as well, does that make me an evil person? Or was I just a dumb kid who learned from his mistakes? If you listen to the interviews Justice has given, like the one ESPN News had with him last week, you'll get the impression that he realizes he's screwed up, he has apologized for it, and in my opinion he has atoned for them. People who are just willing to close the book on a player and never allow a second chance are often burned. Sure there are a lot of screw-ups out there (like Lawrence Phillips and Marcus Vick, who never apologized for anything he's done), but at the same time there are lots of guys who just make silly, youthful mistakes and learn from them. Justice is one of those guys. Look at Eric Moulds, coming out of college the guy never paid child support and was abusive towards his girlfriend...he calmed down and accepted responsibility, and we got a damn good player for a decade.

People have to be willing to offer a second chance if the player looks like they are on the straight and narrow again. Justice got suspended, worked hard, came back last year and dominated. He served his punishment, who are we to demand that he gives up more? I say we take the talent and trust that he's got his life in order because it seems to me that he has.

Justice and Joseph would be instant starters on our O-Line from Day One, and would take a big step towards that goal that all Bills fans have been crying for the last few years...Improving the O-Line.

As for Dvoracek...well, to me he's calmed down quite a bit over the last year and I heard he's going to counseling for his alcoholism. But an angry drunk willing to knock your head off and spit on you? Isnt that what basically embodies 95% of ALL Bills fans these last few years? The guy would be perfect here! :(

If Cutler falls to #8, it will open up a great trade opportunity for us - with the Vikings, perhaps, or the Rams.

If Davis falls to #8, I'm thinking we may be able to trade that pick to Denver for both of its 1st rounders.

656403[/snapback]

It's starting to look like two of the "Big Three" will be gone by the 6th pick. If Denver trades up it will be for a quarterback not as Tight End..

Which they'll probably deal those first rounders to jump ahead of Oakland. Using San Fran's pick to take Cutler. I think we're screwed in terms of trading down because all of the QB's will be off the board.

Well...The Bills would be a Solid 4 Deep at QB... <_<

I think Cutler does go in the #8 slot, but I don't think the Bills will be Drafting him...It will be Arizona, Cleveland, or Minnesota...

Just my opinion... :lol:

656378[/snapback]

Sounds about right to me. :)

Why in the hell would the Bills take another QB with the 8th pick overall? We have so many other needs.

656392[/snapback]

I'm starting to think it is a good possibility we do take a QB at #8.

If we take it as a given that very few teams win the Super bowl without a Pro bowl QB....

& Marv & Dick are not sold on the QBs we have....

& Marv intends on building this team within 3/4 years to be a contender(both he & RW are old in case you didn't know)...

If we don't find a Franchise QB very soon...???....other positions take a lot less time to develop(usually).

Given all that, I still don't expect them to draft one myself but I can see a logic if they do.

It's starting to look like two of the "Big Three" will be gone by the 6th pick.  If Denver trades up it will be for a quarterback not as Tight End..

Which they'll probably deal those first rounders to jump ahead of Oakland. Using  San Fran's pick to take Cutler.    I think we're screwed in terms of trading down because all of the QB's will be off the board.

656805[/snapback]

If all the QBs are off the board....

Bush, Ferguson & Williams will be gone & the 9ers will leave us with either Hawk or Davis or we trade down.

Marv and dick are not sold on the QB's we have?

Didn't they just bring in Nall, a guy they keep praising for being talented and could compete for the starting job?

I think they believe we have good QB's, they just don't know which ones better

And we are not going to find a Pro Bowl Qb drafting one in the first round this year with the lines we have now.

But if I was a fan of a team interested in getting a QB in the first round, my list would be Lienart, Cutler, then Young.