Crazy offseason--RW, Clements, Moulds

jahnyc

Some thoughts:

1. If RW is starting a dialogue to attempt to ensure that the Bills will stay in Buffalo, then I applaud his efforts. Maybe our support needs to be evident now, not when RW or his estate sells the team, because by then it might be too late.

2. Too much instability in general. New GM, new HC, statements that the team's future in Buffalo is in doubt. How can Buffalo be an attractive destination for players under these circumstances (particularly when combined with the outflow of talent).

3. I hope that Moulds' leaving does not provide a road map for Clements. I am concerned that if RW is complaining about economics, he will not re-sign Clements and pay him the huge signing bonus it would take to retain him. It would be a problem with the optics. We can't afford to lose Clements now. Too many other holes to fill and most of the top free agents are signed.

4. I think we are looking at a poor season ahead. Having said that, I would not care as long as I knew the Bills will be staying in Buffalo. Unfortunately, this situation will generate anxiety, and who knows how or when it will be resolved. I want to worry about whether the team will win games, not whether the team will be moved.

5. RW also needs to Hillary Clinton involved. She is running for re-election and I would hope that she would be supportive.

Some thoughts:

RW also needs to Hillary Clinton involved.  She is running for re-election and I would hope that she would be supportive.

656213[/snapback]

Yes yes, Hllary douchebag is supporting uncle Ralph. It will be as productive as her years in the NY Senate. Load the trucks then. yes? yes

?

Confused? me Neither and I used to think Ieatcrayonz was some kind of schmuck!

Hillary Clinton will win reelection without trying. She only cares about the presidency and the Bills do not get her there.

656217[/snapback]

She shoudl care about the bills. If she wins the presidency, she'll be hosting us for the "Super Bowl Champions" visit to the whitehouse.

Screw the Huff pick giving me any hope. If we lose Clements that's the last straw for me. With the current ownership's concern about staying in Buffalo at all and the fact that our 8th worst record in the league team is markedly WORSE than last year as we stand right now, it's starting to become apparent to me that we won't make the playoffs this decade. This team has NO commitment to winning. We lose Clements and I'll lose all faith in the Bills, not because I like him so much, but because we've managed to re-sign exactly 1 good player (Schobel) in the past 5 years. The Bills have become the NFL's farm system, developing young players and letting them go to other teams to play the best years of their career rather than pay them.

Screw the Huff pick giving me any hope. If we lose Clements that's the last straw for me. With the current ownership's concern about staying in Buffalo at all and the fact that our 8th worst record in the league team is markedly WORSE than last year as we stand right now, it's starting to become apparent to me that we won't make the playoffs this decade. This team has NO commitment to winning. We lose Clements and I'll lose all faith in the Bills, not because I like him so much, but because we've managed to re-sign exactly 1 good player (Schobel) in the past 5 years. The Bills have become the NFL's farm system, developing young players and letting them go to other teams to play the best years of their career rather than pay them.

656510[/snapback]

I tend to agree with you. Given our cap room, any failure to sign Clements would be a clear indication that the Bills are not interested in building a winning team, but rather field a bunch of guys - paving the way for apathy and moving to greener pastures.

Clements may not be the best corner in the league, but he's clearly a good player and a proven starter.