How much time did Tags give them? 

As it turns out, everyone is saying the NFLPA took total advantage of the NFL's negotiating team.  Tags should be embarrassed.  I think that he was desperate to get any deal done so that there would not be labor strife when he announced his retirement.

655567[/snapback]

Again, whose fault is that?

The owners have the power in the league, they own the frigging teams. All they would have had to do is tell Tags to stuff it.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But he does own the naming rights, per the agreement with the county.

What blows me away is the $2.3 millon cost on the salary cap that the new Jets/Giants stadium will force onto all NFL teams. Ralph is right - it isn't fair.

655564[/snapback]

Exactly!! To many people on this board just want to say Ralph is too old, he's nuts, etc. I thought he did a good job of explaining why this deal isn't fair to us, or the other small clubs, and we can do everything to make more money, but we have to share so much that we won't end up with anything in the end.

I think he did actually.  I had no idea about the qualifiers, and was actually very surprised with how candid he was about the other owners and what goes on during the league meetings.  It helped clarify his position on the CBA and keep Bills fans up to date with more details on everything being reported in the media.

655570[/snapback]

I think his answers were great just seemed like he couldnt clearly explain his issues, maybe some nice slides and data would help us all understand. Wonder what the Erie county press conference is about??

Exactly!!  To many people on this board just want to say Ralph is too old, he's nuts, etc.  I thought he did a good job of explaining why this deal isn't fair to us, or the other small clubs, and we can do everything to make more money, but we have to share so much that we won't end up with anything in the end.

655572[/snapback]

News flash:

*WE* would never end up with anything anyway. Our team's billionaire owner would lose out on a few million in profits. You people are talking like you understand what it's like to be a billionaire squabbling with millionaires over millions of dollars.

i will admit he sounds bad, be good if one of his finance guys could explain how Giant/Jets selling naming rights for 20M will cost the Bills 2.4 M?    Please anyone explain this to me.

655558[/snapback]

A rising tide lifts all boats.

With the CBA extension, all revenues, including stadium naming rights, get lumped into "total football revenue". 59.5 percent of that goes to the players in the form of the salary cap. When total revenue goes up, the cap goes up.

First of all, Ralph said the cost will be around $2,300,000.

$20 million at 59.5 percent, divided by 32 is (approx) $375K, times six years (length of contract) is 2.250 million.

Close enough?

LMAO

I love this prevailing attitude around here. "Gee, you don't think how I do, so you would be better off as a Pats or jets fan."

Your opinion, that is. And you know what they say about opinions and arseholes.

655568[/snapback]

your attitude sucks . you have to think good positive things so the team can stay in buffalo and win . :P:doh::D

Maybe he didn't do enough to rally support against the CBA.

Maybe he didn't bring someone with him who could understand what was happening.

Who knows? But at this point it's a bit late to be complaining.

655557[/snapback]

He had 2 hours to decide whether or not the deal (which it sounds like it isn't even done being written) was good for the team.

First you slam him for being old, and senile, then you say he didn't do enough to rally all the other owners against the deal.

You sound like John "FlipFlop" Kerry.

Here is your chant for this season....

J

E

T

S

jets jets jets

Again, whose fault is that?

The owners have the power in the league, they own the frigging teams. All they would have had to do is tell Tags to stuff it.

655571[/snapback]

To read your response another way: you agree with Ralph. The owners should have voted against the give away labor agreement.

Thanks for coming around.

He had 2 hours to decide whether or not the deal (which it sounds like it isn't even done being written) was good for the team. 

First you slam him for being old, and senile, then you say he didn't do enough to rally all the other owners against the deal.

You sound like John "FlipFlop" Kerry.

Here is your chant for this season....

J

E

T

S

jets jets jets

655578[/snapback]

Ah yes, the last refuge of the clueless. See my post above.

A rising tide lifts all boats.

With the CBA extension, all revenues, including stadium naming rights, get lumped into "total football revenue".  59.5 percent of that goes to the players in the form of the salary cap.  When total revenue goes up, the cap goes up.

First of all, Ralph said the cost will be around $2,300,000.

$20 million at 59.5 percent, divided by 32 is (approx) $375K, times six years (length of contract) is 2.250 million.

Close enough?

655576[/snapback]

ok so now I understand thanx was trying to figure that one out. My biggest concern and ralphs as well is that right now the Bills will qualify for revenue sharing and only 16 teams do qualify, is he saying 16 other teams havent figured out they are already screwed and not revenue sharing at all? His major concern seems to be they dont change the rules and now Bills would no longer qualify for revenue sharing.

To read your response another way: you agree with Ralph.  The owners should have voted against the give away labor agreement.

Thanks for coming around.

655579[/snapback]

I never said I didn't.

What I DID say is that it's a bit late to be whining about how he'll only make 10 million a year vs. 30.

I think the new CBA sucks, but I don't have any input, now do I?

Come now, did he really say anything we hadn't heard before?

Uh, no.

655565[/snapback]

Are you talking about Ralph or just referring to yourself in the third person? All we hear from you is how the Bills suck and Ralph is old and sucks. You actually put Ralph down for complaining?! He could never compete with you when it comes to complaining and whining. As you stated before, we are all suckers for continuing to support the Bills, yet you spend a lot of time on a Bills site. A lot of people on these boards are critical of the team, but still manage to offer insightfull comments and suggestions. You could learn something from them.

Exactly!!  To many people on this board just want to say Ralph is too old, he's nuts, etc.  I thought he did a good job of explaining why this deal isn't fair to us, or the other small clubs, and we can do everything to make more money, but we have to share so much that we won't end up with anything in the end.

655572[/snapback]

Not only that but he directly addressed much of the speculation going on, based on his discussions with the Governor. Talked to allay the fears of "how much will he swindle the taxpayers for?/Oh, look he's gunning for a new stadium" (he said a new stadium would solve nothing). Talked to the potential sale/move rumors (move -> not in his lifetime but beyond that, who knows?). Pick any one of the 60 threads that have been started since the news of his meeting with the Governor and you'll probably find a direct response from him to that.

Are you talking about Ralph or just referring to yourself in the third person?  All we hear from you is how the Bills suck and Ralph is old and sucks.  You actually put Ralph down for complaining?!  He could never compete with you when it comes to complaining and whining.  As you stated before, we are all suckers for continuing to support the Bills, yet you spend a lot of time on a Bills site.  A lot of people on these boards are critical of the team, but still manage to offer insightfull comments and suggestions.  You could learn something from them.

655583[/snapback]

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll surely take it to heart.

Want my detailed laundry list?

1) This team has an overall lack of talent when compared with 2/3 of the league. For a decade we've had the worst OL in our division, and it shows. We've had a parade of QBs in here since Kelly, and none of them amounted to a bucket of sh--. We haven't had a top-tier DE since Bruce Smith retired.

My fix: HIRE A GM WHO KNOWS HOW TO SPOT TALENT.

2) Ralph Wilson complains about his lot in life. Wow, must be tough to be a billionaire professional sports franchise owner. I'm not sure how i'd ever manage. This PC was a set-up. He's setting the stage for a buyout of his lease and a move of the team.

My fix: LOSE RALPH AND GET AN OWNER IN HERE WHO'S WILLING TO SPEND MONEY ON COACHES, AND MANAGEMENT REGARDLESS OF THE BOTTOM LINE.

3) We have a fanbase with the blinders on. It's a fact, one need only look around in here. To people like you and some of the others. We have a fanbase that puts up with more bad football than any other NFL team, save for Cleveland, maybe.

My fix: COME HERE AND TRY TO WAKE YOU MULLETS UP.

Thanks for listening.

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll surely take it to heart.

Want my detailed laundry list?

1) This team has an overall lack of talent when compared with 2/3 of the league. For a decade we've had the worst OL in our division, and it shows. We've had a parade of QBs in here since Kelly, and none of them amounted to a bucket of sh--. We haven't had a top-tier DE since Bruce Smith retired.

My fix: HIRE A GM WHO KNOWS HOW TO SPOT TALENT.

2) Ralph Wilson complains about his lot in life. Wow, must be tough to be a billionaire professional sports franchise owner. I'm not sure how i'd ever manage. This PC was a set-up. He's setting the stage for a buyout of his lease and a move of the team.

My fix: LOSE RALPH AND GET AN OWNER IN HERE WHO'S WILLING TO SPEND MONEY ON COACHES, AND MANAGEMENT REGARDLESS OF THE BOTTOM LINE.

3) We have a fanbase with the blinders on. It's a fact, one need only look around in here. To people like you and some of the others. We have a fanbase that puts up with more bad football than any other NFL team, save for Cleveland, maybe.

My fix: COME HERE AND TRY TO WAKE YOU MULLETS UP.

Thanks for listening.

655589[/snapback]

good thing we do not have that F U smilie , you would be getting a lot of them :P