i've said it here before at least 1000 times....I really don't care what people think of me or my opinions. It just don't mean spit.

655599[/snapback]

If you really don't care, then why bother reading, let alone responding? :P

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are my 2 cents:

I think JSP is bringing up some valid points....the Bills DO need to get a better GM, and spend more on players etc...and maybe increasing the ticket prices would be a good start, even a few dollars on average raise can help, and I bet if Bills fans in WNY knew Ralph was doing everything he could to upgrade this team, hire top coaches, etc...I bet fans would have no problem ponying up the extra few dollars for tickets...

Also, I am SO glad Ralph is pointing out the obvious here about these new era NFL owners, I agree with him, these guys are ALL business first, and that will ultimately hurt this game, outprice the average fan, and ultimately hurt the smaller teams.

I never said I didn't.

What I DID say is that it's a bit late to be whining about how he'll only make 10 million a year vs. 30.

I think the new CBA sucks, but I don't have any input, now do I?

655582[/snapback]

Its a bit late? Why?

He could moan and complain about it from here to eternity, he voted against it.

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll surely take it to heart.

Want my detailed laundry list?

1) This team has an overall lack of talent when compared with 2/3 of the league. For a decade we've had the worst OL in our division, and it shows. We've had a parade of QBs in here since Kelly, and none of them amounted to a bucket of sh--. We haven't had a top-tier DE since Bruce Smith retired.

My fix: HIRE A GM WHO KNOWS HOW TO SPOT TALENT.

2) Ralph Wilson complains about his lot in life. Wow, must be tough to be a billionaire professional sports franchise owner. I'm not sure how i'd ever manage. This PC was a set-up. He's setting the stage for a buyout of his lease and a move of the team.

My fix: LOSE RALPH AND GET AN OWNER IN HERE WHO'S WILLING TO SPEND MONEY ON COACHES, AND MANAGEMENT REGARDLESS OF THE BOTTOM LINE.

3) We have a fanbase with the blinders on. It's a fact, one need only look around in here. To people like you and some of the others. We have a fanbase that puts up with more bad football than any other NFL team, save for Cleveland, maybe.

My fix: COME HERE AND TRY TO WAKE YOU MULLETS UP.

Thanks for listening.

655589[/snapback]

Yeah but all that's in the past. Why should you waste time complaining about it now? :P

Its a bit late?  Why?

He could moan and complain about it from here to eternity, he voted against it.

655608[/snapback]

because the whining solves nothing. It would have been more prudent for him to whine WHILE the process was ongoing. It woudl have been better for him to raise the issue publicly BEFORE the agreement was signed. I don't see how this idea is so hard for people to understand.

If his concerns were THAT grave, he should have given this "conference" two months ago.

because the whining solves nothing. It would have been more prudent for him to whine WHILE the process was ongoing. It woudl have been better for him to raise the issue publicly BEFORE the agreement was signed. I don't see how this idea is so hard for people to understand.

If his concerns were THAT grave, he should have given this "conference" two months ago.

655615[/snapback]

Isnt that what YOU"RE doing. :P:doh::D

655615[/snapback]

What makes you think he didn't?

655615[/snapback]

Because Ralph obviously didn't try and raise awareness and plead his case to the other OWNERS (ya know the people who vote) during the CBA negotiations. Also, he is able to tell the future and knew exactly how the new CBA would pan out and would have been able to inform us all about it 2 months before it was signed.

uh, no, I'm presenting a contrarian viewpoint.

I realize it's all the rage in WNY and among my fellow Bills fans to be a lemming, but that's one trend I'll never jump on to.

655625[/snapback]

You're more of an anti-lemming. Anything the Bills do or say, you're against. :P

Because Ralph obviously didn't try and raise awareness and plead his case to the other OWNERS (ya know the people who vote) during the CBA negotiations. Also, he is able to tell the future and knew exactly how the new CBA would pan out and would have been able to inform us all about it 2 months before it was signed.

655628[/snapback]

Please, the CBA is a HUGE legal document that took more than two minutes to write up. The owners had to know what was on the table before them. There simply was too much money at stake not to.

Here are my 2 cents:

I think JSP is bringing up some valid points....the Bills DO need to get a better GM, and spend more on players etc...

655604[/snapback]

And your reason for saying we need a better GM is that Marv failed miserably at the last GM position he held. :P