Looks like an 0-2 Start

Max997

I think we can beat Miami in week 2. I think they are overated. They have an aging D, an O line as bad as ours, there is no guarantee that Culpepper will be healthy for week 2, and their late season run last year was very similar to the Bills run in 04.

Plus, I'm not sold on Nick Saban yet. Steve Spurrier and Butch Davis were just as hyped after their first year in the NFL. I'm not saying he's a bad coach, he just hasn't proved anything at the NFL level yet.

It's a division game away so, of course, it's not a gimmie but I don't see any reason to assume we're going to lose it.

654970[/snapback]

Miami is going to be starting either Cleo Lemon or Brock Berlin, and whoever starts will be throwing 40 passes in Mularky's "offense."

Considering they play the sorry-ass Jets and their boy-wonder coach the next week, the Bills have a great shot at opening the season 2-1.

At which point JSP will B word that the Bills haven't beaten anybody good. :(

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow! we split the series with miami last season and shoulda swept them and that is when we had mike mularky calling the plays................so why should mike call plays any better for the fish?????????????????? go bills in"06

I think we can beat Miami in week 2. I think they are overated. They have an aging D, an O line as bad as ours, there is no guarantee that Culpepper will be healthy for week 2, and their late season run last year was very similar to the Bills run in 04.

Plus, I'm not sold on Nick Saban yet. Steve Spurrier and Butch Davis were just as hyped after their first year in the NFL. I'm not saying he's a bad coach, he just hasn't proved anything at the NFL level yet.

It's a division game away so, of course, it's not a gimmie but I don't see any reason to assume we're going to lose it.

654970[/snapback]

Saban turned the entire organization around in less than 1 year.

Unfortunately, the Dolphins will soon be the team the AFC East will be chasing.

Actually opening in New England may not be the worst thing.  This allows us to at least put extra preparation into this game.  I'm not saying that New England won't do the same, but they may overlook us slightly.  The thing I do like about our schedule is the 2nd half of the season, especially Miami in December.

654447[/snapback]

I agree, the more I thought about it. Give Belichek enough tape of your offense and he will come up with a way to shut you down. This year no tape at all to study, we can ambush Belichek this on both sides of the ball. I actually like our chances to beat them in this game.

The heat of Miami is a different story, unless these guys get conditioned for high heat and humidity this is a tough spot to be playing.

Miami is going to be starting either Cleo Lemon or Brock Berlin, and whoever starts will be throwing 40 passes in Mularky's "offense."

Considering they play the sorry-ass Jets and their boy-wonder coach the next week, the Bills have a great shot at opening the season 2-1. 

At which point JSP will B word that the Bills haven't beaten anybody good.  :)

654987[/snapback]

Godd points ! :P

The key for Buffalo to beat NE is to line up and knock the shiat out of them on both sides of the ball. It's that simple. I doubt we have the lines for that at this point, but a couple of big guys with attitudes would go a long way. All game planning and strategizing goes to hell when you dominate the lines.

RTB

655150[/snapback]

He accomplished the same thing Mike Mularkey did in his first year as a HC, one winning streak.

I agree, the more I thought about it. Give Belichek enough tape of your offense and he will come up with a way to shut you down. This year no tape at all to study, we can ambush Belichek this on both sides of the ball. I actually like our chances to beat them in this game. 

The heat of Miami is a different story, unless these guys get conditioned for high heat and humidity this is a tough spot to be playing.

655165[/snapback]

I was just about to post a similar thought. The Pats know how to play against Cover-2, so there won't be any surprises on D, but the Bills' offense should be somewhat of a mystery. Definitely an interesting Week One matchup, and not nearly the "disaster" already being predicted by many.

He accomplished the same thing Mike Mularkey did in his first year as a HC, one winning streak.

655241[/snapback]

It's not the winning streak.

He totally reversed the despair created by Wannstash.

The team believes in itself and he has been extremely aggressive in bringing in his kind of players.

Unlike Mullarkey, Saban controls the personnel side as well so he won;t be sandbagged by a Teflon Tom trying to outsmart the world with stupid-ass player moves.

It's not the winning streak.

He totally reversed the despair created by Wannstash.

The team believes in itself and he has been extremely aggressive in bringing in his kind of players.

Unlike Mullarkey, Saban controls the personnel side as well so he won;t be sandbagged by a Teflon Tom trying to outsmart the world with stupid-ass player moves.

655596[/snapback]

Whatever. "Wandstash" had 1 bad year after the star player quit like 5 minutes before the start of the season. He consistently won 10-11 games with Jay Fiedler at QB, Lamar Smith at RB, OJ McDuffie as the #1 WR and a slightly younger version of their current defense.

The '05 Dolphins were 1 play away from getting swept by the Losman/Bollinger led Bills & Jets and finished up with a narrow win over the Patriots' 3rd string.

Just because Len Pasquarelli gets off on Saban (much like he did with "Teflon Tom" mind you) doesn't make him a great coach after 1 year.

Also, if he's such a genius why did he hire Mularkey who is supposedly the worst coach ever?

Also, if he's such a genius why did he hire Mularkey who is supposedly the worst coach ever?

655785[/snapback]

Mularkey, while an abomination of a head coach, was nothing short of a miracle worker in Schittsburgh. Think about it: he got a Kordell Stewart-led offense to perfrom to an AFC Championship game visit. No small feat.

655150[/snapback]

So did Mularkey in his first year as a head coach.

Mularkey, while an abomination of a head coach, was nothing short of a miracle worker in Schittsburgh. Think about it: he got a Kordell Stewart-led offense to perfrom to an AFC Championship game visit. No small feat.

655799[/snapback]

Playcalling and "playing to the player's strengths" wasn't one of the primary coaching complaints of the fans here last year?

655596[/snapback]

Yeah, because trading for a QB with a blown out knee, while dumping your starter from last season is pure genius.

Not often you can get a guy who posted 6TDs, 12 INTs, and 3 blown knee ligaments for a 2nd round pick.

As for Mularkey, I'm sure that Saban took one look at his masterfull playcalling in the 2nd half of the Miami travesty, and said, "I gotta have that guy on my staff."