Moulds is a quitter

eball

Divorces are usually messy and this is turning out to be no different. I'm a big Moulds fan and I'm disappointed that he's gone, but make no mistake about it, it was time for him to go. I wish him success and when he's career is over we will all kiss and make-up. He will retire as a Buffalo Bill. I do wish that there could have been better feelings on his departure from BOTH sides. He gave us great memories as in we did for him. It may be too early for this game but I am curious about the sentiment when we play against Houston this year. For both parties I hope that it is amicable.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree completely. How in the hell do you know why he decided to go to Houston instead of Philadelphia? Are you good friends with Emo?

Life is bigger than football, maybe...just maybe he did it for more personal reasons. That doesn't make him a quitter.

653613[/snapback]

THANK YOU!!!! Evans aint, never will be the same wideout Eric was. Also, Evans will not be here in 5 years!!!

Moulds had a great ten year career with the us and we will surely miss that brother.

I disagree completely. How in the hell do you know why he decided to go to Houston instead of Philadelphia? Are you good friends with Emo?

Life is bigger than football, maybe...just maybe he did it for more personal reasons. That doesn't make him a quitter.

653613[/snapback]

THANK YOU!!!! Evans aint, never will be the same wideout Eric was. Also, Evans will not be here in 5 years!!!

Moulds had a great ten year career with the us and we will surely miss that brother.

Good luck in Houston Eric, I for one will be following the rest of your pro football career; wherever it takes you. :lol::P

THANK YOU!!!!  Evans aint, never will be the same wideout Eric was. Also, Evans will not be here in 5 years!!!

653749[/snapback]

How in the hell do you think you know that to be fact???? Aint, never???? You are a complete ass to even suggest that this is this case. Anyone who says that Evans is a lock to be better without Eric here is also an ass.

Evans has the potential to be everything Eric was and more. Does that mean I think he will? I have no !@#$ing idea and neither do you.

You're right on here. I mean that. We will miss him but he did quit the Bills to play for a team in worse shape than us and for less money.

How in the hell do you think you know that to be fact???? Aint, never???? You are a complete ass to even suggest that this is this case. Anyone who says that Evans is a lock to be better without Eric here is also an ass.

Evans has the potential to be everything Eric was and more. Does that mean I think he will? I have no !@#$ing idea and neither do you.

You're right on here. I mean that. We will miss him but he did quit the Bills to play for a team in worse shape than us and for less money.

653753[/snapback]

Sorry Dave, I am not an Evans supporter. I was never a Peerless supporter, Eric was always....KING :lol:

I am actually hoping that Davis has a better year than Evans.

Evans shouldn't even TOUCH Dre's jersey number........and certainly will never sniff his stats.

EMo for President......yup yup!!!! :P

Ya know...everyone is knocking houston.  Lets look at that offense.

QB: Carr

RB: Bush, Davis

WR: Moulds, A. Johnson, Gaffney

Thats a good offense.  Now, they need an OL...but yikes.

If these guys pick up 2-3 decent OL, and a few defensive players...seriously...they arent that bad.

653619[/snapback]

Cept that they won't pick up some OL.

Stupid Casserly.

I am actually hoping that Davis has a better year than Evans.

653772[/snapback]

Um... why? Did Evans kill your dog or something? I understand not thinking Evans will do all that great, but why root against him?

First of all, the Texans gave him $5 million up front as a signing bonus.  Staying with the Bills would have involved staying for LESS than he could have received elsewhere. So get your facts straight.

Second, if you saw the pathetic excuse for a passing game this team has had over the years, then you would understand his frustrations. One can only hope Fairchild sets things straight in this organization from an offensive standpoint because the team surely needs it.  By going to Houston, Moulds gets to a team that could contend in a few years and has a great offensive-minded head coach.  Cincinnati managed to turn things around in 2 years.  Same can happen in Houston now that they have some solid pieces in place.

The Bills, on the other hand, have an aging defense, an uncertain QB situation for the 10th straight year, a putrid offensive line that has been continuously ignored, and an inexperienced general manager who has been out of football for 10 years.

But yeah.... I hate Moulds!!! He sucks!!!! It's all HIS FAULT!!!!!!

Bills RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!

653641[/snapback]

How'd that Houston passing game look last year?

Just to clear this up Jabar Gaffney is no longer with the texans. He's with the eagles now but otherwise agreed. I also dont think it's a given they take reggie bush either.

653665[/snapback]

I think after the reports of Reggie's pro day work out they will or they will trade it to someone that will.

Here we go again: a player leaves and most bash him! Either he was overated, wouldn't be missed or sold out. Remeber last year with all the Fat Pat Williams post? Or even farther back with all those crybaby Andre Reed and money hungry Bruce Smith? Face it: it is a GAME not a marriage. Back to Moulds; to say he quit on the Bills; that is ludicrous! In the era of free agency he stood with the Bills for 10 seasons thru all our losing. In his breakout years when he became a free agent he could have jumped ship for more money and went to a contender with a consistent QB but yet he stuck with an organization where the fans had repeatedly called him a bust because he had underperformed his first 2 years while barely seeing the field. He has played with the all types of QB's from midgets to big slow sloths to pretty boy surfers and yet still managed to put up decent numbers. While I hope we turn it around and finally start winning with the right combination of coach, QB, and GM, why would Eric think it would be any different? I can see the quitter acussations if this was year 4 and we had just come off a succesfull season and he jumped ship; most of us Bills faitful don't even expect much from the team this year. And I'm sure Eric would love Houston, being closer to home way better than Buffalo. SO why not have afresh start?

Here we go again: a player leaves and most bash him! Either he was overated, wouldn't be missed or sold out. Remeber last year with all the Fat Pat Williams post? Or even farther back with all those crybaby Andre Reed and money hungry Bruce Smith? Face it: it is a GAME not a marriage. Back to Moulds; to say he quit on the Bills; that is ludicrous! In the era of free agency he stood with the Bills for 10 seasons thru all our losing. In his breakout years when he became a free agent he could have jumped ship for more money and went to a contender with a consistent QB but yet he stuck with an organization where the fans had repeatedly called him a bust because he had underperformed his first 2 years while barely seeing the field. He has played with the all types of QB's from midgets to big slow sloths to pretty boy surfers and yet still managed to put up decent numbers. While I hope we turn it around and finally start winning with the right combination of coach, QB, and GM, why would Eric think it would be any different? I can see the quitter acussations if this was year 4 and we had just come off a succesfull season and he jumped ship; most of us Bills faitful don't even expect much from the team this year. And I'm sure Eric would love Houston, being closer to home way better than Buffalo. SO why not have afresh start?

653815[/snapback]

I agree in principle, the game has changed and long term relationships are very rare.

Now, did he quit? Most of us get emotional about that Miami game. Take a look at the film. He quit and he was a big part of a huge collapse to our arch rivals. He didn't like being the decoy, he didn't like Losman, he didn't like Mularkey ... I wonder how that game would have turned out if Moulds would have just kept playing hard. Would the Dolphins rotate the double team to Evans, leaving Eric open in the second half? We will never know.

Eric was a great player but he acted out his frustration in a very bad way.

I agree in principle, the game has changed and long term relationships are very rare.

Now, did he quit?  Most of us get emotional about that Miami game.  Take a look at the film.  He quit and he was a big part of a huge collapse to our arch rivals.  He didn't like being the decoy, he didn't like Losman, he didn't like Mularkey ...  I wonder how that game would have turned out if Moulds would have just kept playing hard.  Would the Dolphins rotate the double team to Evans, leaving Eric open in the second half?  We will never know. 

Eric was a great player but he acted out his frustration in a very bad way.

653819[/snapback]

Come on that was ONE game that meant nothing in a season that meant nothing and we really don't know what happened to get him upset. See its those who want to find something to hold against him will dwell on that game and the amount of kids and baby mamas he has. But let me get this straight: after 10 years of laying it all on the field you are going to dwell on one incident that you ASSUME to know what he was upset about? And after that game and the suspension he came back and put up his best numbers of the season. There has been a lot of things wrong with the Bills for the past few years but Moulds hasn't been one of them as he has been one of the few consistent player we have had over the past 7 years playing with average to subpar QBs.

At least they have some promising players and a solid coaching staff committed to turning it around.

Only 2-3 years ago, the Bengals looked like a mess. Enter a new, solid regime and they managed to turn it around. Unfortunately for Eric, he saw a revolving door of incompetent coaches, coordinators and front office personnel drive this franchise to an uncertain QB situation, an aging defense, a horrible offensive line and now -- a GM that has been out of the league for 10 years.

Now I'm not saying that Levy will make a bad GM. I'm simply saying that one can't blame Moulds for wanting to move on. Staying for 10 years and playing some solid football and leaving in your 11th year hardly qualifies as "quitting."

How'd that Houston passing game look last year?

653797[/snapback]

Well said.

Nobody knows what happened in the Miami game. It's easy for a coward like Mularkey to lay down a suspension -- but I will tell you this for a fact: the entire team (and some coaches) were dubious about that decision because they felt Moulds did nothing wrong.

Come on that was ONE game that meant nothing in a season that meant nothing and we really don't know what happened to get him upset. See its those who want to find something to hold against him will dwell on that game and the amount of kids and baby mamas he has. But let me get this straight: after 10 years of laying it all on the field you are going to dwell on one incident that you ASSUME to know what he was upset about? And after that game and the suspension he came back and put up his best numbers of the season. There has been a lot of things wrong with the Bills for the past few years but Moulds hasn't been one of them as he has been one of the few consistent player we have had over the past 7 years playing with average to subpar QBs.

653828[/snapback]

Back to Moulds; to say he quit on the Bills; that is ludicrous! In the era of free agency he stood with the Bills for 10 seasons thru all our losing. In his breakout years when he became a free agent he could have jumped ship for more money and went to a contender with a consistent QB but yet he stuck with an organization where the fans had repeatedly called him a bust because he had underperformed his first 2 years while barely seeing the field.

653815[/snapback]

Yes he could have jumped ship and left at any time. Why didn't he? Loyalty to the team that drafted him? Probably not. The fact that the Bills were willing to pay him the money he wanted? probably right.

Moulds stayed with Buffalo for 10 years cause the Bills were willing to give him the money he wanted. When the Bills called his bluff about wanting to retire a Bill, they asked him to take a py cut so they could afford to build a better team around him. He demanded a trade and got it. Go have fun with one of the only teams with more holes then Buffalo.

I was a full supporter of Moulds up until he had his mouth piece start spouting off about him willing to listen but not accept a paycut to stay with the team and then demanding a trade. Look at how many teams were interested in his service. Houston was the only team willing to make a deal for him. Everyone else said they were contacted by his agent but would wait til he is cut before they would talk deal. That sounds like a guy that is in high demand.

Review this past season and you will see that he just did not want to be here anymore and to that I say we don't want you here anymore then either.

... and so will your beloved Bills, as they have since 1996, among the longest playoff droughts in the NFL today.

:lol:

653716[/snapback]

I seem to recall my beloved Bills making the playoffs in 1998 and 1999, troll.

But dont let facts ruin your little rant.

653828[/snapback]

ONE game that we needed to win to stay in the PLAYOFF race. ONE GAME? ALL games are important. Right or wrong, careers are often defined by a season, a game, or a play. I saw A LOT of half-hearted efforts from Moulds last year, more than ONE GAME.

I don't want to find problems with Moulds. I don't care how many kids or women he has. I know how good he was. I do not assume I know what he was upset about. It is no secret he did not want to play with JP and that he didn't like the offensive game plan. Too BAD Eric, look at the scoreboard!! So he came back and played well for Kelly Holcomb and himself. Big deal, we were out of the running by then. The team lacked veteran leadership last year and for whatever reason Moulds was a huge disappointment.

He was a great talent but I will not glorify him. He was paid well for his services. I do get tired of hearing about how he played with many crappy QBs in his careeer. That may be true but great players elevate others around them. It is not like Moulds never dropped a ball, fumbled at a crucial time, or never failed to make a big play.

Enough of the good bye Eric - we will miss you crap. He has a nice $5M bonus coming, maybe that will eleviate the pain of last season for him.

Typo... my bad.

I know it really riles you up when people paint a negative light on your team, judging from your posts in the past. Can't blame you... I'm just telling it like it is. The fact still remains it is one of the longest droughts in the NFL today.

I seem to recall my beloved Bills making the playoffs in 1998 and 1999, troll.

But dont let facts ruin your little rant.

653958[/snapback]

Actually...and I hate to bring this up...but many of the players in the NFL are in it for the money.  I'm sure we all would like to think they stay out of loyalty, or whatever...but its all about the Benjamins.  Houston came up with the bucks.  For Houston its a good deal as it gives Carr the beginnings of a very good receiving corps.  The Bills quit on Moulds as much as Moulds quit on the Bills.  Best of luck to him, but it was time for him and the Bills to part company.  Lets look to the future.

652921[/snapback]

Personally I dont care who is playing just for the money. As long as the Bills win that is all I care about.

Soup thread number 1,204.

Anyone ever leave a job and go somewhere else because they got fed up with where they were? For whatever reason?

Moulds isn't about you.

Some people here wanting Terrell Owens are the same ones crying one way or the other about Moulds. How many teams has TO played for lately? Quite a few wanted to trade with Green Bay for their "quitter".

For me, I don't care if someone goes from Burger King to McDonalds. It's not my life decision and if someone is going to spank me for months on end over it, !@#$ them. Get your own life. See if I care. They don't lead my life, and none of us are leading Moulds'.

You really don't know what your talking about. Put yourself in the shoes of player who had hall of fame abilities, but could never reach that potential because of the organization around him. He has given his best years to this team, which has given him nothing in return. Anyone would be excited to join the Texans at this point with a great new head coach, Reggie Bush, no state tax, and arguably the nicest stadium in league. That team lost 6 games by one touchdown or less, with guys like Moulds and Bush coming onboard that statistic is very likely to change.

Go drink another Genny screamer to further dilute your mental facilities.