Bills agree to trade with Texans

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good job Marv, way to buckle.

Very sad, a 5th rounder is essentially worthless to us.  So the Texans get a Pro Bowl WR and we get...a backup punter.

We didnt even get a swap of 4ths or a 2007 pick...wow...

652069[/snapback]

Well I'm just hopeful this was the best option available to the Bills...Ill tell you what, if I'm an Eagles fan I am PISSED...they could not pony up a 4th for a WR upgrade they SO desperately need? Wow!!!!

Well at LEAST this 5th is the top 5th rounder...almost like getting a lower end 4th....

I'm seriously trying to give Marv and staff the benefit of the doubt this offseason and i know it's been discussed ad nauseum on this board, but this team just seems to be circling the drain.

There is no interest/excitement at this point, the Bills are a joke to most media outlets, and things just seem to get worse, which is hard to believe.

I know that none of that matters until we see the draft and the resulting product on the field, but it just seems to me that Marv is learning on the job and that the team lacks a clear plan. Maybe it's just a purge until Marv gets his own people in, but this is getting painful and Buffalo just gets less and less attractive for players and coaching personnel.

Sorry, just thinking outloud and venting a bit.....

The Eagles historically tend do get rid of old, washed up players rather than sign them to big contracts.

652086[/snapback]

True, but boy it does not seem that EM's new deal with Houston is a cap killer....and the Eagles have plenty of room under the cap.

Well I'm just hopeful this was the best option available to the Bills...Ill tell you what, if I'm an Eagles fan I am PISSED...they could not pony up a 4th for a WR upgrade they SO desperately need?  Wow!!!!

Well at LEAST this 5th is the top 5th rounder...almost like getting a lower end 4th....

652080[/snapback]

But the Eagles may not have been willing to meet Moulds' salary expectations. I think there was only one bidder willing to pay Moulds ... so Marv either does the deal or Houston waits until he is cut. I'm impressed we got anything for Moulds - good job Marv!

Yeah we could package our 5ths if this is the case to move back up into the 4th.  Would have much rather gotten the 4th though.  A little dissapointed, but it's time for this team to get younger.

652083[/snapback]

Could not agree more....

I'm glad this is over finally so we as fans can move on and think about the future...

I look at it this way plain and simple:

If the Bills can get a solid player with the 5th pick, for example, a solid receiver/OL/TE or whatever, someone who WANTS to be here and turns out to contribute, even if that guy isn't a superstar, couple that with the cap savings AND Marv uses these savings to get the Bills another good player, then it is ALL worth it and bye bye EM!!!

The guy was unhappy as a Bill and it was time to part ways. The 5th rounder is better than nothing. If the Eagles wanted Moulds, they had the chance to pony up a 4th rounder and obviously didn't want to.

Somebody remind me again what the Eagles got for TO? :)

I wonder how many TBD'ers are going to grow affectionate to the Texans ala the Cowboy man-love that gushed here when the Druid one moved there.

Goodbye Eric Moulds. At least we know you weren't in it for the money.

The guy was unhappy as a Bill and it was time to part ways.  The 5th rounder is better than nothing. If the Eagles wanted Moulds, they had the chance to pony up a 4th rounder and obviously didn't want to.

Somebody remind me again what the Eagles got for TO? :)

652094[/snapback]

A bad case of trench mouth in the national press. That's what.