Just posted on Houston Chronicle Web site

JoeF

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this article is true, there is no way we should not hold out for the fourth. Just flat say no deal never a deal. They want him and there wouldnt be a good reason to call our bluff. They're not going to get a player that can help them in the next 2-3 years like Moulds will with that fourth pick instead of a fifth pick.

If this article is true, there is no way we should not hold out for the fourth. Just flat say no deal never a deal. They want him and there wouldnt be a good reason to call our bluff. They're not going to get a player that can help them in the next 2-3 years like Moulds will with that fourth pick instead of a fifth pick.

647928[/snapback]

Totally agree...we'll turn right to Philly and hand Moulds over to them if the Texans start dragging their feet over this. They're the ones who are going to miss out on Moulds if they arent smart.

I would never take a 5th rounder for Moulds.  To me, the first overall pick of the 4th round would give us a slipping talent.  The first pick in the 5th round just doesnt do it for me.

647923[/snapback]

I am with you bro.

"The only part of the deal that has yet to be finalized is what the Texans will give the Bills as compensation. "[/i]

In other words, "I bought a car but we haven't agreed to the price."  :doh:

647937[/snapback]

The Texans have bought the car with Moulds' new contract..they just need the keys from the Bills....and those are worth the first pick in the fourth round. I like the idea of having 14 hours to study the remains of the draft and pick the gem remaining...

The Texans have bought the car with Moulds' new contract..they just need the keys from the Bills....and those are worth the first pick in the fourth round.  I like the idea of having 14 hours to study the remains of the draft and pick the gem remaining...

647941[/snapback]

As do I, but knowing our luck this offseason, I just get the sinking feeling we're going to get dicked on this deal.

Who is Houston trying to BS? They are trying to act hardnosed and say that they'll give a 5th rder just because they don't want anyone to be thinking about their 3rd rder. When it's all over and done with they'll reluctantly give up their 2nd pick in the 4th. I say screw 'em. Moulds is at least worth a mid 3rd rder, MINIMUM! If we can't get this then keep him, he's worth it. Don't let these jerks or the Eagles start their low balling ways. Now the Texans' GM Casserly says no more progress will be made towards this trade until Monday, April 3rd. That's too much time, don't be surprised if another team comes out of the woodwork in the meantime. If Minnesota doesn't match the offer by 11:00 pm tomorrow, then Burleson becomes a Seahawk. The Vikes have two 2nd rd. picks, #48 and #51. I would love the Bills and Vikes to strike a deal on Saturday, April Fools' Day. Now wouldn't that be sweet?! It would be TOO funny if the Texans lost out on Moulds after they couldn't close the deal with Givens.

Eric a Texan

Houston is offering a 5th and we want a fourth...

647922[/snapback]

What is interesting to me is this:

"The Texans have agreed to pay Moulds $14 million over four years, in a deal that includes a $5 million signing bonus. "

Moulds contract with Buffalo calls for him to receive $7.1 million in 2006.

It seems to me he is going to take a big paycut to play anywhere else. I am guessing his contract with Houston will be backloaded. Maybe something like $1.25 million 2006, $2.25 million 2007, $4.25 million 2008, $6.25 million in 2009.

He plays two years and makes about $8.5 million (salary plus bonus) from Houston. He will probably get cut before he sees the bigger numbers in 2008-9.

It seems to me he could make more taking a paycut and staying in Buffalo.

Maybe the Bills wanted him to play for $2 million per year?

Don't let the door hit you in the behind, Eric!

Who is Houston trying to BS? They are trying to act hardnosed and say that they'll give a 5th rder just because they don't want anyone to be thinking about their 3rd rder. When it's all over and done with they'll reluctantly give up their 2nd pick in the 4th. I say screw 'em. Moulds is at least worth a mid 3rd rder, MINIMUM! If we can't get this then keep him, he's worth it. Don't let these jerks or the Eagles start their low balling ways. Now the Texans' GM Casserly says no more progress will be made towards this trade until Monday, April 3rd. That's too much time, don't be surprised if another team comes out of the woodwork in the meantime. If Minnesota doesn't match the offer by 11:00 pm tomorrow, then Burleson becomes a Seahawk. The Vikes have two 2nd rd. picks, #48 and #51. I would love the Bills and Vikes to strike a deal on Saturday, April Fools' Day. Now wouldn't that be sweet?! It would be TOO funny if the Texans lost out on Moulds after they couldn't close the deal with Givens.

647975[/snapback]

I seriously doubt we would get a second rounder for EM do to the fact that we said we would take a 4th already.