Trading Losman

It's not a fact.

It's an opinion,  unless you were there.

Where was the motivation Super Bowl 25,  a game in which we should have rolled the Giants.  How about Super Bowl 26?  27?  28?

I'm done hijacking this thread.  We'll agree to disagree.

648544[/snapback]

That's cool. I just would have a harder time ignoring the dozens and dozens of testimonies from players, coaches, gm's, books and piles of video feed from that era in the locker room and on the sidelines, etc. I guess.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What does it show about the kid?  I don't think it shows much of anything.  And 21 points isn't that amazing.  It's just been too long since we've been able to do it that we've forgotten there are teams that do that every week.

648593[/snapback]

21 points in a game, amazing.

21 in the first quarter, thats not an easy task

His game ent downhill when he lost an important part of the game plan and double coverage was shifted to Evans. If Moulds was still in that game, Evans probably would have had a couple more td's or the Miami D would have shfted double coverage over to Evans and opened up moulds for a couple.

Problem was, Moulds left leaving us with double coverage on Evans and Reed and Parrish trying to get open. And then the defence decided to join moulds on the bench Mentally and the game fell apart. Our coaches couldn't adjust our game plan to suit what was happening in game and we lost.

But I guess your right, JP should have been on the field playing D too and shown no emotion cause he would not want to seem to cocky

And then the defence decided to join moulds on the bench Mentally and the game fell apart.

648623[/snapback]

I am not the biggest JP fan but you are correct, that game was simply NOT his fault. The 2 TDs in a row was a rather amazing feat as well. The culprits?

Moulds of course for being a quitting, whining baby. Also, how about Dumbo Gray the DC?

I remember a similar game years ago with none other than RJ. It was against the Rams. RJ was throwing darts, and long strikes. We had a big lead, the defense suddenly fell apart, and we lost. If I recall, the Rams QB was Tony Banks, and we managed to make him look like Steve Young. :doh:

I had seriously erased that dismal game from my mind, and I apologise to anyone else who may have forgotten that heart wrenching debacle.

That's cool. I just would have a harder time ignoring the dozens and dozens of testimonies from players, coaches, gm's, books and piles of video feed from that era in the locker room and on the sidelines, etc. I guess.

648597[/snapback]

I don't blame you bud.

The body of evidence is there, plus you have the testemonies.

I'm just jaded when it comes to him. I think a decent motivator, finds a way for us not to get embarrassed in 3 out of 4 Super Bowls. 4 out of 4, if you count the fact we should have beat the Giants.

I have zero evidence to support me. Therefore your opinion is way more accurate, and has people to back it up.

I'm just going on gut feeling. :D

What I DO like is to see him rid the club of players who were not going to make the Bills a winner.

648559[/snapback]

Totally agree with this.

I think he is doing a fine job of getting rid of the bad leadership we had. Only other person I want gone, is Troy Vincent, but I know that won't happen until next year at the earliest.

I hope to god he doesn't come to a conclusion on JP, before the end of the upcoming season.

I'm not a fanboy, I just want to be as close to positive, as possible before giving up on him.

I don't understand everyone's obsession with JP. I think he's a scrub and may never have the mentality to be an NFL quarterback. He's got the skill, but his faced matched that of Mularkey whenever he messed up. He could, of course, do this, but IMHO it would take a great, great deal of time. I think, with the cap room that we have and these trade rumors going around, we give money and JP to a higher up team and trade to get Viney or Cutler, or we just pick up harrington (hahahahhaha) but hey, we'll see folks, we'll see.

I don't understand everyone's obsession with JP.  I think he's a scrub and may never have the mentality to be an NFL quarterback.  He's got the skill, but his faced matched that of Mularkey whenever he messed up.  He could, of course, do this, but IMHO it would take a great, great deal of time.  I think, with the cap room that we have and these trade rumors going around, we give money and JP to a higher up team and trade to get Viney or Cutler, or we just pick up harrington (hahahahhaha) but hey, we'll see folks, we'll see.

648957[/snapback]

Why would you want Vince or Cutler, their faces look like Mularkey's when they mess up.

:D

As someone who lurks regularly but posts infrequently, here's what I think may be happening hee.

First off, I don't think one season of playing behind an inept line is enough to evaluate JP. The guy was basically running for his life last year. Granted Holcomb was much better, but he was much more experienced also.

I think Marv may be letting these rumors float around because he knows Denver is interested in a QB and may be a dance partner in an attempt to trade down. He may be trying a smoke and mirrors trick to get Denver thinking we want a QB at #8.

We all know we need help in MANY areas. If we could even create the impression that we're looking at QB with the 8th pick it could cause teams who have one targeted to get nervous and trade above us thus getting one of the higher rated players who would already be off the board to fall to us.

While there's alot of talent in this draft, nobody is certain when the top three QB's will go. In that regard, the draft this year should be very interesting.

648031[/snapback]

That's the single smartest thing I have read about this situation anywhere. Thank you. Now be quiet in case you are right.