Moulds to Houston, per ESPN/radio/Clayton

The_Real

More Moulds threads!!  I want more!!  :blink:  :P  :lol:  :lol:

647272[/snapback]

Well the only site I saw that said Moulds to the Texans was that one coming from Philly...and that was just a radio broadcast that only a few people heard. I figured some would dig the link from another source.

All thats left is to see if Marv got hosed on this one.

Well the only site I saw that said Moulds to the Texans was that one coming from Philly...and that was just a radio broadcast that only a few people heard.  I figured some would dig the link from another source.

647276[/snapback]

I just hope we got a 4th rounder at least for Moulds

Well the only site I saw that said Moulds to the Texans was that one coming from Philly...and that was just a radio broadcast that only a few people heard.  I figured some would dig the link from another source.

647276[/snapback]

I'll personally be disapointed if we get less than a third.

I've got lower expectations...honestly, I'd be okay with a 4th rounder, but its got to be for THIS year because of how deep this draft is and considering the Texans' 4th is basically a late 3rd.

But if its anything less than a 4th...oh man, I've lost all faith in mankind.

Me too. He's easily worth a 2nd...

647284[/snapback]

You mean a 33 year old wide receiver, who has past his prime and doesn't want to play for his current team.

A 4th from Texans is a good trade by Marv, a 3rd is a steal. If it's a 2nd, someone in Houston needs to call police.

I've got lower expectations...honestly, I'd be okay with a 4th rounder, but its got to be for THIS year because of how deep this draft is and considering the Texans' 4th is basically a late 3rd. 

But if its anything less than a 4th...oh man, I've lost all faith in mankind.

647298[/snapback]

Could not agree more.

Where would the Bills be with EM this year? Not playoff caliber....

Part of me wants to see him stay here, but I bet this time next year, when the Bills have a ton of cap room, I bet Bills fans will be pleased this move was made now, even if the Bills just got a 4th rounder for EM

Texans Acquire Moulds from Bills

The Houston Texans and Buffalo Bills have agreed on a trade that brings veteran wide receiver Eric Moulds to Houston.

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Moulds has agreed to a multi-year contract with the Texans, but the deal won’t become official until he signs his new pact.

The 32-year-old Moulds caught 81 passes for 816 yards and four touchdowns for the 5-11 Bills last season.

You mean a 33 year old wide receiver, who has past his prime and doesn't want to play for his current team. 

A 4th from Texans is a good trade by Marv, a 3rd is a steal.  If it's a 2nd, someone in Houston needs to call police.

647302[/snapback]

I'll accept whatever we get for him. I'm just basing it on the value of other recent guys like MCCardell and Friggin Keyshawn, and Henry for that matter. The contract is really not as high as you think when you take out the cap hit the Bills will face for him.

OMFG that may be the funniest thing I've ever read on this board!

Excellent!!

647382[/snapback]

really seems like a bad outcome for both the bills and for moulds. moulds wanted to play with a contender now that he's entering middle age. and it doesnt seem texans will pay him all that much more than the bills would have. from bills perspective, all they get is a 4th round pick and their receiving corp looks very uninspired with really only one proven starter. it will be difficut for bills to have a "wide open" rams style offense with this crew.

really seems like a bad outcome for both the bills and for moulds.  moulds wanted to play with a contender now that he's entering middle age.  and it doesnt seem texans will pay him all that much more than the bills would have. from bills perspective, all they get is a 4th round pick and their receiving corp looks very uninspired with really only one proven starter.  it will be difficut for bills to have a "wide open" rams style offense with this crew.

647413[/snapback]

Where has the 4th round pick been confirmed?

I agree. I think losing Moulds means losing a quality player with tremendous leadership skills.

647421[/snapback]

And a fine example to our younger receivers. Right now, Sam Aiken, Roscoe Parrish, and Jonathan Smith are divvying up the games they will quit in if they don't get the ball. I believe by rock, scissors, paper.