Moulds / A Class Act

Guest dog14787

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys make me laugh. It's funny how you never hear all the badmouthing of one of our players until the player wants to leave. When the guy was helping out the young recievers and having monster games against Miami I NEVER heard the masses sling such mud against the guy. Now the guy wants to leave and we're hearing about his past child support payments ALL the way back to his college days?! Give me a break! This board has to be the biggest collection of the most miserable, vindictive, judgemental group of people that I have EVER heard. Does this make you better than thou attitude make you feel good about yourselves? Too bad it wasn't a few hundred years ago, we could burn him on a stake for his evil witchcraft. The guy is a football player. Nothing more, nothing less.

642402[/snapback]

Exactly, too many young punk`s with an attitude on here.Time to throw away your morp patches and GROW-UP.

You guys make me laugh. It's funny how you never hear all the badmouthing of one of our players until the player wants to leave. When the guy was helping out the young recievers and having monster games against Miami I NEVER heard the masses sling such mud against the guy. Now the guy wants to leave and we're hearing about his past child support payments ALL the way back to his college days?! Give me a break! This board has to be the biggest collection of the most miserable, vindictive, judgemental group of people that I have EVER heard. Does this make you better than thou attitude make you feel good about yourselves? Too bad it wasn't a few hundred years ago, we could burn him on a stake for his evil witchcraft. The guy is a football player. Nothing more, nothing less.

642402[/snapback]

I love the "your wrong for speaking the truth" responses. They're very forumulaic. They are usually dotted with things that try to deflect the criticism, like implying that Moulds child support was a "college issue", even though it was during the first three years of his pro career that he was actually not paying his support. Or that the only reason it's being mentioned is to make ME feel better about MYSELF (selfish angle).

After I shoot you down, you will either A)go into hiding or B)try to change the subject again/try to make me the issue.

Actually, I am not being critical of what Moulds has done on the field, and I have been in favor of retaining him. But the only thing you have right in your above post is that he "is a football player, nothing more, nothing less". He's not a hero, he's not a great guy, and he's NOT A CLASS ACT. That was the point, "nothing more, nothing less". A distinction should be drawn.

You may have "NEVER heard the masses sling such mud against the guy", but that just tells me you are new. Moulds was heavily criticized for years about his behavior. Certainly no less than Travis Henry was in more recent years. Moulds nickname was "Father of the Year". But far be it from you to have any knowledge of something you spout off about, ye who authored the "can't wait till' June 1st" post yesterday. :P:P

Exactly, too many young punk`s with an attitude on here.Time to throw away your morp patches and GROW-UP.

642498[/snapback]

Where did you come from, and what did I do to you to get flamed? If I had a nickel for every person who said something ridiculous here, directed at me, and then showed up one day with tail between legs at the Pole 5 tailgate I could have posted Eric's bond. I don't even need to remember the comment, I can see it in their face when they introduce themselves. Keep in mind, we actually exist, and sometimes meet each other at games. BTW, WTF is a morp patch? Anyone?

:P

I agree with the original poster. It is sad to know that Eric will be leaving us. I do wish him the best but this is a business and we do have to do what's best for the future of this team. If he can't stand playing with Losman or for whatever reason then it's time to part ways. It's too bad that Eric and the Bills never reached the levels of success that we all hoped for. Make no mistake about it, Moulds will ALWAYS be a Buffalo Bill. I bet he feels the same way, it's just that right now he's mad. When some time goes by I'm sure that Moulds will have some fond memories of playing in front of the 12th man.

642258[/snapback]

Great Post- for every great post there's an idiot, just the way it goes.

After I shoot you down, you will either A)go into hiding or B)try to change the subject again/try to make me the issue.

Neither. I never directly mentioned or quoted anybody. I'm not getting into a great debate with you or anybody else. You, as in others, stated your opinions. My turn. Once again, the attitude and mentality of some of the posters here are downright embarassing. You know what I mean? Probably not.

PS. Speaking of new. did any of you check out Dibs' post? Case in point.

Neither. I never directly mentioned or quoted anybody. I'm not getting into a great debate with you or anybody else. You, as in others, stated your opinions. My turn. Once again, the attitude and mentality of some of the posters here are downright embarassing. You know what I mean? Probably not.

PS. Speaking of new. did any of you check out Dibs' post? Case in point.

642570[/snapback]

B, excellent choice! :P

Moulds was ordered to pay $50 per week child support while at Mississippi State and to provide health insurance for his son as soon as possible, and provide income tax returns so his child support could be adjusted accordingly.  From 1996-1998, his first 3 seasons in Buffalo,  he paid a grand total of $350 in child support while earning in excess of $1 million each year.  For that, he received a 90 day sentence in 1999 for contempt of court, 60 of which was suspended.  Previously, he had plead guilty to assaulting a former girlfriend and another Buffalo state female student, an incident that involved the former girlfriend being grabbed by the throat, choked and thrown up against a wall.  Class act?  You tell me.

642397[/snapback]

Link please?

Now granted Moulds is a me first player, but what wide receiver isn't? A majority of NFL WRs are in that mindframe.

It was great watching him when he was performing. It does seem that the better WRs are tempermental and selfish. I can't really think of one in recent memory that just appear to be a congenial, team oriented type player. Maybe Donald Driver. Production. That's first and foremost what people want to see and hear about. It's difficult to comment on somebody's personal life. It is disheartening when in this day and age people get mega compensation because of physical ability and talent. Society does help to contribute and look the other way to players' images. It's a caste system. It always has been, always will be. Not much difference since the gladiators. People pay and people cheer for performance. When the performance stops, so does the paying and the cheering.

Where did you come from, and what did I do to you to get flamed?  If I had a nickel for every person who said something ridiculous here, directed at me, and then showed up one day with tail between legs at the Pole 5 tailgate I could have posted Eric's bond.  I don't even need to remember the comment, I can see it in their face when they introduce themselves.  Keep in mind, we actually exist, and sometimes meet each other at games.  BTW,  WTF is a morp patch? Anyone?

0:)

642536[/snapback]

Been living under a rock? I think you need to get a life besides trashing people on here. Also you might be a little bit happy if I don`t show up at Poll 5 pal. :devil:

Let me guess, a little behind on your support? 0:)

642555[/snapback]

No- I just can't see bashing a player that brought excitement to this team over the last 10 years. He was a true Dolphin killer. Remember his record playoff performance against the Dolphins? Maybe not. Moulds made me proud to be a Bills fan for many a year, and I will remember that.

It's odd that after a decade of success, the drafting of Moulds in 1996 brought with it a decade with ZERO playoff victories. I'm not in any way blaming him for this, but maybe if he does indeed leave, we can turn the page on a new era of success.

642618[/snapback]

And this completely sums up my point of view this off season. For a variety of reasons, our current players haven't gotten the job done. Like it or not, the Bills are known more for losing than for winning. We need to change that, and getting new players may just be the best way.

I appreciate all the greatness Eric and others have gave us over the years. But its not working. We need a change. Will we be in the playoffs next year? Who cares. I just want us to turn around this losing mentality. First things first.