A prediction for Sunday.

TPS

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair enough - but I do think the Henry-led offense isn't a bad idea at all.  Take the game out of the QB's hands.

47103[/snapback]

So you are saying we are a one dimensional offense? Well that being said, we have 162 yards on the ground (2.7 yards per carry)....and thats our strength!! Ugh...we have no right to be optimistic this week....we are going down HARD!!

Guest cflbillsfan

I have a feeling the Patsies will not get their 18th consecutive victory...Call me crazy but thats what I think...To much money in Vagas!!

I have a feeling the Patsies will not get their 18th consecutive victory...Call me crazy but thats what I think...To much money in Vagas!!

47122[/snapback]

your crazy :) ...and where is Vagas (is that the 'chowd' pronunciation of Vegas?)

Im a realist. Wake up homers.Pats are the best team in football. We are one of the worst. Best + worst = loss.

47064[/snapback]

Neither the Bills are the worst team in football nor the Pats the best team

in football.....Both are somewhere in between....

The Pats squeaked by the Colts on opening day and that was only because

of the Edge fumbling the ball twice in the endzone and Manning throwing an

interception in the endzone.

The bills lost two close games and only because their inability to convert

drives inside the redzone into points.

The Colts have shown that the Pats can be vulnerable....If we control the

game by running the ball and keeping Brady off the field we have a chance

at the upset.

I respect your opinion. How many points has the offense scored? I agree the defense is solid but seriously, try and name 3 offenses worse than ours. I am a Bills fan who has spent alot of $$ following them down to Miami every year to see them,so dont think I dont want them to win.I have my 5 month old son and my 2 year old daughter in moulds and Spikes jerseys every Sunday.I will have to post their picture here someday.

47080[/snapback]

Arizona, Miami, Tampa Bay to name 3......

Others include Washington, San Francisco, Jacksonville, Cincinnati.

We are not in the top 1/2 of the league in offsene, but are also not the

worst offense in football.

Well then I change my stance........I find it very inspiring that you are so devoted to a team you know is going to lose.....

47074[/snapback]

Whatever, being a fan doesn't mean you have to be a "fanboy" running around saying we're going to win all the time. We're playing the Patriots, they've beaten us ALOT recently, Bledsoe has shown no ability throughout his CAREER to do anything against Belicheck, and the team hasn't done anything to inspire a lot of confidence in me.

Unless the Bills got a lot better in the week off we ARE going to get trashed. It doesn't make me less devoted to be able to realize that. On the contrary I've watched them so long I can pretty well figure out when we have a shot and when we don't. Will I watch the game? Yes. Will i hope I'm wrong? Yes. Will I be overly disappointed if we lose? Probably not because it surprises me more when we actually play well now...which is sad.

Three offenses worse than the Bills:

Tampa, Arizona, Baltimore right off the top of my head  - however, your point is valid.  I still feel that even if DB and EM have declined precipitously, there's still enough of a running game to improve the offense and play the low-risk, field postition game that the Bills want to do.  It's running an offense with training wheels, but the reality is that the Bills don't want their O to lose games for them.

My beef would have been that you could have done that with another QB who would have been much more cap-friendly until Losman was ready.

47090[/snapback]

Don't forget the Phins....they have the worse O in the NFL

I don't think the Bills are even close to the worst team in football.  If the offense was able to get out of its own way and not continually leave the D in a hole, they're probably a playoff team IMO.

As the year progresses, the Bills should continue to improve if Mularkey is any kind of coach.

47070[/snapback]

Okay, so the "Patsie Troll" is showing confidence about the Bills' near future, while the Bills fans are thinking the Cowboys will be picking up a top 5 pick from us... :):)

Though the Patriots have been unbeaten for over a year, they are not an unbeatable team. It takes a near-perfect game to beat them though, as their modus operandi is to capitalize on opponent's mistakes. They have scored points on 4 of 5 turnovers (the 5th was a fumble that the Pats recovered on their own 1 yard line...so the turnover did amount to a 3-7 point swing in their favor). They accounted for 10 points in each of their games, being the difference in the Colts game (where it seemed they were otherwise dominated). Keep the turnovers down, and I think we stand a good chance of beating them.

I think it will be a close game, with the Bills actually squeezing out a win this time.

Two things:

1. The Bills running game is better than most think.  They ran the ball decently against two of the best run-stuffing teams in the league.  Jaxsonville gave up their first 100-yard rush game in 15 games yesterday. Oakland has Ted W, maybe the best run-stuffing 3-4 DT of all time. 

2. NE's D is only adequate against the run. They gave up 200 yards to Indy at home.

Of course, it's only a prediciton...

47016[/snapback]

Yeah, me too! We've done so well when we've played the Pats when they've been prepared since Bledsoe came to Buffalo!

Bills 20 Pats 10

This game falls under the "wounded animal" theory. The Pats will soon learn this team has no intention of moving quietly into the NFL background. The Bills have had two weeks to chew on their sickening losses to the Jags and the Raiders. They have got to be PO'd. They'll play with wreckless abandon, get some turnovers with Drew and Co. hooking up on big passing plays. The Bills are an angry team going against the Superbowl winning pretty boys of the league who are looking to tie a winning streak record. The referees will be feeling serious heat also, so I'm not expecting any bogus calls in this game. This is not a good time to play the Bills if you're the Patriots. Buffalo beats 'em up.