A prediction for Sunday.

TPS

I think it will be a close game, with the Bills actually squeezing out a win this time.

Two things:

1. The Bills running game is better than most think. They ran the ball decently against two of the best run-stuffing teams in the league. Jaxsonville gave up their first 100-yard rush game in 15 games yesterday. Oakland has Ted W, maybe the best run-stuffing 3-4 DT of all time.

2. NE's D is only adequate against the run. They gave up 200 yards to Indy at home.

Of course, it's only a prediciton...

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stopping the Bills running game will be a good test for the Pats. I'm not 100% sure the Colts/Patriots game was an indicator of how good the Pats' run D might be - with the Colts, the Patriots always, always look to take away the pass. You have to pick one thing to stop with an offense that good, and knowing that Manning probably will make a killer mistake eventually because of his inability/unwillingness to have a run-first mentality against good defenses.

The Pats will see if Drew can beat them.

Stopping the Bills running game will be a good test for the Pats.  I'm not 100% sure the Colts/Patriots game was an indicator of how good the Pats' run D might be - with the Colts, the Patriots always, always look to take away the pass.  You have to pick one thing to stop with an offense that good, and knowing that Manning probably will make a killer mistake eventually because of his inability/unwillingness to have a run-first mentality against good defenses.

47024[/snapback]

Exactly. I expect Belicheck to be very predictable on defense for a change - lots of blitzing and run-stuffing with 8-9 men up on the line, essentially daring Bledsoe to make a play.

I don't think he will, and the tired defense will fade away in the second half. 33-6 Pats.

Two things:

1. The Bills running game is better than most think. They ran the ball decently against two of the best run-stuffing teams in the league. Jaxsonville gave up their first 100-yard rush game in 15 games yesterday. Oakland has Ted W, maybe the best run-stuffing 3-4 DT of all time.

2. NE's D is only adequate against the run. They gave up 200 yards to Indy at home.

I'll cede 1 and 2 to you. However, I've got the result being different due to Belichick's ability to get into a QB's head... and that isn't such a challenge for Belichick when that QB is Drew. He knows DB inside and out and even if the Bills are fortunate to get into the "red zone", Drew is going to do exactly what Belichick wants him to do... and for Bills fans, that ain't good!

Stopping the Bills running game will be a good test for the Pats.  I'm not 100% sure the Colts/Patriots game was an indicator of how good the Pats' run D might be - with the Colts, the Patriots always, always look to take away the pass.  You have to pick one thing to stop with an offense that good, and knowing that Manning probably will make a killer mistake eventually because of his inability/unwillingness to have a run-first mentality against good defenses.

47024[/snapback]

Have to agree with FM again. If the Bills are going to win this one, it will be with Drew. Bellichek will make sure he shuts down the running game, because he will see that as the only threat. Two weeks to practice shutting down Henry, I don't see that as too much of a problem for the Pats. :)

Have to agree with FM again. If the Bills are going to win this one, it will be with Drew. Bellichek will make sure he shuts down the running game, because he will see that as the only threat. Two weeks to practice shutting down Henry, I don't see that as too much of a problem for the Pats. 

Bingo!! Belichick's key to the game is "make Drew beat us". I can't argue with that.

Im a realist. Wake up homers.Pats are the best team in football. We are one of the worst. Best + worst = loss.

47064[/snapback]

I don't think the Bills are even close to the worst team in football. If the offense was able to get out of its own way and not continually leave the D in a hole, they're probably a playoff team IMO.

As the year progresses, the Bills should continue to improve if Mularkey is any kind of coach.

I don't think the Bills are even close to the worst team in football.  If the offense was able to get out of its own way and not continually leave the D in a hole, they're probably a playoff team IMO.

47070[/snapback]

I respect your opinion. How many points has the offense scored? I agree the defense is solid but seriously, try and name 3 offenses worse than ours. I am a Bills fan who has spent alot of $$ following them down to Miami every year to see them,so dont think I dont want them to win.I have my 5 month old son and my 2 year old daughter in moulds and Spikes jerseys every Sunday.I will have to post their picture here someday.

I respect your opinion. How many points has the offense scored? I agree the defense is solid but seriously, try and name 3 offenses worse than ours. I am a Bills fan who has spent alot of $$ following them down to Miami every year to see them,so dont think I dont want them to win.I have my 5 month old son and my 2 year old daughter in moulds and Spikes jerseys every Sunday.I will have to post their picture here someday.

47080[/snapback]

Three offenses worse than the Bills:

Tampa, Arizona, Baltimore right off the top of my head - however, your point is valid. I still feel that even if DB and EM have declined precipitously, there's still enough of a running game to improve the offense and play the low-risk, field postition game that the Bills want to do. It's running an offense with training wheels, but the reality is that the Bills don't want their O to lose games for them.

My beef would have been that you could have done that with another QB who would have been much more cap-friendly until Losman was ready.

Devotion to a team doesn't mean you have to suspend reality. The Bills offense has given no indication that it will be any better vs the Pats than it was in the first 2 games. The Pats will use a ball control offense and a run-stuffing defense to control the game. Going into Sunday's game, the Patriots will have been undefeated for 370 days. Add another 7 after Sunday. New England wins 26-17.