Day 1 Mock

Bills trade the #8 pick overall, Eric Moulds, and a 2007 pick TBD for Denver's #15 and #29.

1a.) Winston Justice, OT USC

1b.) Ko Simpson, SS South Carolina

2.) Gabe Watson, DT Michigan

3a.) Brodie Croyle, QB Alabama

3b.) Alan Zemaitis, CB Penn State

Thus making our lines look like:

LT - Jason Peters

LG - Mike Gandy

C - Melvin Fowler

RG - Chris Villarial

RT - Winston Justice

Larry Tripplett

Gabe Watson

Tim Anderson

Lauvale Sape

It might be wishful thinking that Justice is available at 15 however :blush:

Bills trade the #8 pick overall, Eric Moulds, and a 2007 pick TBD for Denver's #15 and #29.

LT - Jason Peters

LG - Mike Gandy

C - Melvin Fowler

RG - Chris Villarial

RT - Winston Justice

Larry Tripplett

Gabe Watson

Tim Anderson

Lauvale Sape

641100[/snapback]

I'm not sure if it would change your second first round pick but Denver has #22 not #29. They traded 29 to Atlanta who traded it to the Jets.

LT - Jason Peters

LG - Mike Gandy

C - Melvin Fowler

RG - Chris Villarial

RT - Winston Justice

641100[/snapback]

....Just thinking out loud.

i don't doubt the OL could look like this for the opener. but i am curious what the plans are for Duke Preston. Is he going to be a starting center, a starting guard, or a backup? I hope he pans out and develops into a dominant longtime starting C.

No offense, but Peters and his single digit IQ/wonderlic should never be allowed to play LT. Too much thought process needs to happen there.

I like Peters athletic skills, but the ability to process information quickly enough and adjust to stunts, blitzes, etc.. should really prevent him from moving to the left side.

I think he would be excellant at LT. He has good feet, long arms and a nasty attitude. I always loved watching him mow over peole on special teams. Wonderlic scores are more important for QB's than OT's. Can he get a push or not? The guy is a talent. I bet Teague had a great wonderlic score as he got pushed backwards into the QB the last 3 years.

I agree that Peters has a lot of promise and may continue to grow into a very good LT. Did you see the pre-season film on him last year fending off Shoebel? I'm sure who chose what rep's to capture, but he sure seemed to hold his own though he still needed to work on his technique.

I am more sold on Peters at tackle than Gandy at guard. I don't think Gandy is strong enough to hold his own and get a push in the middle.

I think Gandy could be a fine LG, he'd be considered athletic for that position, and his long arms will help, worse comes to worse he is better than Anderson. With the 15th I'd prefer we get Bunkley, and then with the 22nd if availible get Justice. another first day option that I feel is ready for the NFL is Andrew Whitworth.

Simpson is a better fit at FS, not saying he couldn't do it. But if Donte whitner is availible I'd take him in the 2nd.

Croyle has a future in the NFL, but I really hope it doesn't start in Buffalo. There are too many other needs to bring in yet another QB this high. There will still be good linemen from both sides of the ball, plus safeties and WRs will be out there.

LT - Jason Peters

LG - Mike Gandy

C - Melvin Fowler

RG - Chris Villarial

RT - Winston Justice

Larry Tripplett

Gabe Watson

Tim Anderson

Lauvale Sape

641100[/snapback]

honeslty..... that draft sucks

-we drafted no gaurds

-winston justice is a HUGE gamble

- ko simpson has only had 2 years of college experience

- we dont need brodie croyle with losman, holcomb, and nall

Yeah, I don't want to see a QB or a CB on Day 1.

Ideally I'd like to trade Moulds for an extra Day 1 pick,

then with the 5 picks take 2 DTs, 2 OL, and 1 S.

I like staying at #8 in the 1st, and would be happy with Huff, Bunkley, or Ngata...

but if either D'Brick, Hawk, or Davis are still there, I'm taking them (in that order of preference). If it's Hawk or Davis, I'll look at S in the 4th round.

-we drafted no gaurds

641530[/snapback]

Wow! That's a little harsh don't you think?

- Drafting an OT means we can move Gandy to OG where he played the majority of his time in Chicago. OT's are harder to come by anyways.

- Why is Winston Justice a HUGE gamble?! He's the next best OT after Ferguson and then there's a drop off. 50% of mocks have us taking Ngata. Then i'd say about 30% of them have us taking Justice (with the remaining 20% all over the board). Are you thinking of McNeill and his back problems?

- Ko Simpson only has two years experience? Your point is? He's still one helluva player.

- It's Craig frickin' Nall. Not Joe Montana. Currently we have a veteran who will get us nowhere, Brett Favre's 3rd stringer, and a 1st round QB who did nothing but disapoint us. It's not so far fetched that one of them gets cut in training camp and Buffalo expressed an interest in Croyle at the combine.

-we drafted no gaurds

641530[/snapback]

I wouldn't say it sucks but it could be better. I don't like the Ko Simpson pick too much. Winston Justice is as good pick at 15 but maybe a solid CB in late round one. I was thinking about the future if your draft pans out that we get 2 first round picks. I think there is a lot of depth there.

No this draft sucks

The point values in the trades are WAY OFF

No one is going to take Moulds contract he's going to have to be cut. Or sh-- just make him play.

Justice will probably be a good RT

KO Simpson eh

Watson??? He's a fat lazy mess

No need for another QB

Where are the GUARDS?

LT - Jason Peters

LG - Mike Gandy

C - Melvin Fowler

RG - Chris Villarial

RT - Winston Justice

Larry Tripplett

Gabe Watson

Tim Anderson

Lauvale Sape

It might be wishful thinking that Justice is available at 15 however :lol:

641100[/snapback]

Check Winston Justices' background.....

with Marvs focus on character

there is no way we pick him. Zero. Zilch.

Wow! That's a little harsh don't you think?

- Why is Winston Justice a HUGE gamble?! He's the next best OT after Ferguson and then there's a drop off. 50% of mocks have us taking Ngata. Then i'd say about 30% of them have us taking Justice (with the remaining 20% all over the board). Are you thinking of McNeill and his back problems?

- Ko Simpson only has two years experience? Your point is? He's still one helluva player.

- It's Craig frickin' Nall. Not Joe Montana. Currently we have a veteran who will get us nowhere, Brett Favre's 3rd stringer, and a 1st round QB who did nothing but disapoint  us. It's not so far fetched that one of them gets cut in training camp and Buffalo expressed an interest in Croyle at the combine.

641651[/snapback]

hey sorry if i came on a little strong

-as for winston justice:

Winston Justice  OT  USC

Strengths

Winston has good overall talent for his position.  He is strong and does a solid job pass blocking as well as run blocking.  He shows good footwork and did well protecting the blindside of his left-handed QB from the right tackle position.  He's played well this year after his suspension, which is a big plus for him. 

Needs to Improve

Winston lacks the lateral quickness at this point to be a true LT.  He could be if he wanted to be, but I question his work ethic.  On the field, Winston gives me the feeling that he's happy with his effort.  This kid is in for one hell of a shock at the next level.  After his suspension, he has kept his nose clean as far as I know, but it is a concern. 

Bottom Line

Ladies, let me introduce you to one of the many big name OT’s in this draft that are underachievers.  Winston is a player who plays the game with just enough effort to make excuses when he makes mistakes.  He is a very talented kid and would have no problems going to the next level providing he didn’t have to worry about effort or heart.  As usual with a kid like this, he will go to the combine, work out for the scouts and everyone will get really excited about him.  Unfortunately, I feel that this kid is motivated by money and money alone.  I don't see enough pride in his play to make me think that when the chips are down, he'll rise to the occasion.  Winston will do what is required of him -- no more, no less.  I don't see the desire in his play that gives me the impression he wants to be the best at his position.  I’d draft Winston in the 2nd round, but to me, there are too many good offensive linemen in this draft to take a chance on this kid.  Don’t get me wrong -- he seems like a good kid, but it also seems like he is immature and stubborn.  That's the recipe for a player that plays as hard as he thinks he should play and that's not for me in the 1st round.  Look for Winston to move up the chart as we get closer to draft day because of his workouts.  But workouts do not measure heart or effort.  If they did, there would be a lot fewer 1st round busts!

if thats not a gamble i dont know what is, especially in the first round

- ko simpson has a lot of talent, and if we had safeties that could play for a year or 2 i would have no problem drafting him, but we dont, and Ko is not ready for the nfl yet, he should have stayed in, it doesnt mean he wont be a good player, its just going to take time, time the bills dont have.

I think he would be excellant at LT. He has good feet, long arms and a nasty attitude. I always loved watching him mow over peole on special teams. Wonderlic scores are more important for QB's than OT's. Can he get a push or not? The guy is a talent. I bet Teague had a great wonderlic score as he got pushed backwards into the QB the last 3 years.

641242[/snapback]

and what evidence do you have for that? how do you know teague's wonderlic is higher than peters? racist mofo.

Regarding the trade, Buffalos first round pick is worth 1400 points. Denver's two first round picks are worth 1830 points for a 430 point shortfall that Buffalo would have to make up. If Moulds is valued like a high fourth round pick, his point value would be around 100. That would leave Buffalo 300 plus points short, to be made up with an additional draft choice. I think next year's draft picks are valued generally by dropping one round. That is a mid second round pick in the 2007 draft is regarded as having the same point value as a mid 3rd round pick in 2006. If that is the case, the draft pick Buffalo would have to send to Denver could be no worse than Buffalo's second round pick, and Denver probably would only consider doing the deal if they thought Buffalo was going to be among the leagues worst teams next year. Otherwise it would cost Buffalo a first in 2007. Frankly, I think that's pretty steep for what Buffalo would be getting in return.

Moulds is better than a fourth round receiver would be, but he will be devalued because of age. The team that acquires him will have to assume they can only get 3 or 4 years at most out of him, while a rookie could have 10-12 years ahead of him in the league.