BILLS STARTER @ QB NEXT SEASON

Losman, Holcomb, Nall .... you make the call  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Losman, Holcomb, Nall .... you make the call

• Losman
    • Holcomb
    • Nall

(Not trying to be an ass, but there is already this exact same post thats been around the past couple days

641129[/snapback]

Not trying to be an ass, but it seems to me that whenever anyone says "not trying to be an ass, but" it is usually followed by them being a bit of an ass(me included here) :blush:

There actually are several ways this question can be interpreted:

1. Which QB is the best player?

IMHO- Holcomb is likely the most immediately productive of the three. This is due to him having far more experience starting than even a combined JP and Nall record. he also tends toward playing mistake free and making the useful dump-off which suits the diminishing arm of a getting older player.

However, KH has never been a consistent producer as a starter and outside of wishful hopes there is no rational reason to assume he will become one now. I hope he does one just cannot expect this at all.

JP's game has a lot of flaws, but the talent he showed running for his life at Tulane was real and he has flashed little bits of this in his play the last two years (steady progress as a rookie but from a horrible beginning due to injury and what he showed getting thrown to the wolves in NE and he and Evans lit it up for a quarter against Miami this year).

KH is better now but JP has potential upside that KH has not shown consistently in 10 years.

Nall is the most interesting as a player as he is at a take-off point at 27 for still being young, but having alot of sideline and practice experience behind one of the best. Intriguing but no starts makes him a #3 til he shows something.

2. Who does a TSW poster think will actually get the start.

Like most in a recent TSW survey I think JP will win out. Even if KH is a better player know he is not so much better than JP that it will outweigh JP's upside that got him a 1st round contract. JP needs not to be great to get the nod but simply (though this simply is hard to do though simple to understand) show that he can become a very good QB this year.

Again Nall is intriguing because of his background but there is no real production as against NFL players and coaches who have gameplanned for his strengths and weaknesses to base an assessment on.

3. Who do you like more and want to win the job?

IMHO, I don't care. I'll leave adoring or hating these players to the soap opera football fans out there and make my judgments based on how they are playing now and what it means for this season and next.

As far as gut reactions. I feel least bad in my gut about Nall asa Bill because he has yet to play yet. JP has not delivered the highlight reel joys of Jimo yet on the plus side and on the negative side expectations and hopes for him were so high that even when plays adequately it is disappointing. Holcomb has fulfilled his mandate of being a solid back-up but really done little else with last year's poor team.

Sio who cares who is most likeable. just win baby.

It's not a answerable question at this point in time. Why not just flip a coin. There is no basis for proclaiming that any of these three have an edge. JP is little more than a rookie who hasn't shown much; Holcomb is a journeyman who is little more than that; and Nall has been around but hasn't played much. Nall has shown more in his brief appearances that JP. But, obviously, until they all get their shots in camp and in the exhibitions, it's anybodies guess. Again, any speculation now is purely guesswork.

I hope this question disappears from the board until the games begin. And even at that point in time, the answer may well rest with who is best able to best dodge the rush.

I see we are going to repeatedly ask this question on a daily basis now, instead of weekly?  :blush:

And yes i am trying to be an ass.

641136[/snapback]

Work a little harder, and you can be a "Town Dick", like me. (Just bustin', Fong :lol: )