bills best offseason move ?

Seriously its a toss up between Josh Reed and Larry Tripplett. Reed is a key run blocker and without him we have Lee Evans and Andre Davis as our starters.

641082[/snapback]

tripplett was the best move.

i dont see how people can see Reed as a starter. i see us using a 4 wr set alot, with evans and davis on the outside, and parrish and reed in teh slot on each side.

tripplett was the best move.

i dont see how people can see Reed as a starter. i see us using a 4 wr set alot, with evans and davis on the outside, and parrish and reed in teh slot on each side.

641099[/snapback]

I agree 100%. I also have to think that the team's decision to show faith in Reed by signing him to a long term deal may help him overcome his case of the dropsies, which he was well on the road to overcoming last year anyway.

Levy.

Untill he shows he is too old, he has my full vote of confidence. Just look at the methodical way we are progressing. Those that want to see big names & instant results should hibernate for two years.

Rome wasn't.....etc etc :blush:

Don't try to stop the rush to judgment.

641162[/snapback]

I'll rush the judgement then, I think this ranks right up there with Stew Barber, Kay Stephenson, Hank Bullough, and a whole slew of other front office failures the Bills had in their history

Positive D miove- Triplett

Positive ST move- Resigning Reed or maybe signing Bowen

Positive O move- Not much, but increasing competition with Nall or maybe improving blocking with Royal but mostly shows we need work here.

Overall, canning TD and MM leaving means that we are certainly moving away from a bad scene and unsuccessful leadership, but the jury is out on whether the new leadership will produce far better results.

The positives of changing the braintrust were:

1. Bobby April was the co-ordinator who survived and he deserves the promotion to assistant HC as his STs have been about the best in the NFL for two years.

2. Given Ralph cannot be fired (ultimately the buck stops with him) hiring Marv is not a bad idea. If they pull a Bush/Rumsfeld and Marv only tells him what he wants to hear the results will not be good. if on the other hand Marv can keep the owner from meddling too much (tough to do since he writes the checks) because they are peers then this may work.

I particularly like that they did not hire either Sherman at HC or bates at DC. The too are talented men, but simplifying rather than supplementing Marv's failings iseems a better route to success for us IMHO. A key weakness for us is likely to be too many cooks if Ralph meddles as he is entitled due to the Golden Rule (he who has the gold rules).

3. I like Jauron going to the cover 2 and am hopeful that Fewell's experience running a cover 3 will really work well with our DB and LB quality.

4. Fairchild also looks like a good selection as OC. His experience under Martz was successful and if he can get as much out of the passing game and utilize WM as a Marshall Faulk threat we will go far.

I'll take a different approach. I say the best move was dumping our former S&C coach and replacing him with Allaire. Allaire gets it in that fitness in not just any one component, but a multitude of components. Something based off the conditioning/performances from last years team, we didn't have. Doesn't hurt that Allaire also learned under our last good S&C coach, Rusty Jones, too.