Eric Gaining Interest

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't Walker busy filling his diapers and spitting out his Binky before he tore up his knee?

640670[/snapback]

no, rosensleaze was. And if i remember, walker got rid of him as his agent. Sure he hurt his knee, but the kid has talent. Also has 1 yr left on his deal. Give him a 2-3 yr incentive laden deal and then you can sign him long term after that if he proves his knee is back to normal.

Did he say that they might trade for Moulds or that they might be interested if he became available?...which I assume means cut, because he clearly IS available.

640661[/snapback]

Mort just said "if he's available". So it could mean if he gets cut, or it could mean "for the right price". Honestly though, we probably wont be cutting him any time soon so at least it helps drive up the price the more teams we get involved.

Again, WHO said he's going to get cut?

640634[/snapback]

MARV.

He said something to the effect on Tuesday I believe that Eric will not be a Buffalo Bill unless he takes a significant salary decrease.

That pretty much tells me come June 1, July 1 or whatever the hell the date is EM will not be a Buffalo Bill since I also have heard either EM or his agent say he will not take a pay cut.

So now that you have answered my question with a question, would you be so kind as to answer my original question?

Profootballtalk.com says the Steelers are interested.

Every team should be interested. I dont get this.

Seems like a decent guy, had a horrible situation in GB with a contract that pays him less than he is worth. He decided he would play out his contract anyway, risking injury...he got hurt. He has the sense to dump his agent and start over. They guy clearly has talent, all he wants now is some money. Give the guy a decent incentive contract, give green bay moulds and/or a 2nd day pick and pick the guy up...cant hurt.

MARV.

He said something to the effect on Tuesday I believe that Eric will not be a Buffalo Bill unless he takes a significant salary decrease.

That pretty much tells me come June 1, July 1 or whatever the hell the date is EM will not be a Buffalo Bill since I also have heard either EM or his agent say he will not take a pay cut.

So now that you have answered my question with a question, would you be so kind as to answer my original question?

That was Tuesday. Apparently there is a lot of interest in trading for Moulds now. So I don't see him getting cut.

That was Tuesday.  Apparently there is a lot of interest in trading for Moulds now.  So I don't see him getting cut.

640780[/snapback]

According to his "personal advisor", that is.

We'll see.

That was Tuesday.  Apparently there is a lot of interest in trading for Moulds now.  So I don't see him getting cut.

640780[/snapback]

Why?

The same deal applies regardless of who's interested now. Wait it out until he is cut.

We clearly are not going to pay him 10 mil or anywhere near.

He isn't going to play here for anything less.

= Cut

The date is the only thing in question. So again back to my original question, which I don't even remember, :lol: Why would a team trade for him?

They would have to seriously think that he would be the one that pushes them to a Super Bowl appearance.

Who do you think would really feel that way?

Why?

The sam edeal applies regardless of who's interested now. Wait it out until he is cut.

We clearly are not going to pay him 10 mil or anywhere near.

He isn't going to play here for anything less.

= Cut

The date is the only thing in question. So again back to my original question, which I don't even remember,  :lol:  Why would a team trade for him?

They would have to seriously think that he would be the one that pushes them to a Super Bowl appearance.

Who do you think would really feel that way?

640803[/snapback]

except that we pay $5mil in dead money whether he's here or not. I think if we can get anything for him - preferably a 1st day pick - we'll trade him. Maybe Marv will even trade him for a box of chocolates, but Moulds obviously still has enough in the tank for teams to show interest.

It makes sense that Denver, Philly and yah- even the Steelers - could look to him as a nice short term pickup for a 3rd to 5th round pick. Otherwise we pay him the full $10 mill and he stews on our roster - I don't think we just release him, unless Marv needs the cap space (re: somebody out there we really want to to do a long term deal with right now). I don't see that in the offing ...

except that we pay $5mil in dead money whether he's here or not. 

Otherwise we pay him the full $10 mill and he stews on our roster - I don't think we just release him, unless Marv needs the cap space (re: somebody out there we really want to to do a long term deal with right now).  I don't see that in the offing ...

640824[/snapback]

Marv has already said he's not paying him that. So he will not be stewing for 10 mil.

I agree with you that I don't see anyone coming along and offereing him a long term deal. And even so, if a team has to trade for him and not sign him to a long term deal, They have to pay him the big bucks unless he agrees to a significant pay cut. Which we know, he ain't doin here and I don't think any team, even a team that thought he would push them over the top would pay him that kind of money.

But back to my original question again, ( sorry to have hi jacked the thread ) What team thinks that EM puts thm over the top? If there is one than maybe they trade a sixth for him and renegotiate with him, pay him 6 this year 5 the year after that and give him a 5 signing bonus.

I don't see anyone doing anything near that.

The play with EM is wait till he's cut which you know he will be, and offer him 3.5 a year for three years with a 3.5 signing bonus. And he would be pretty damn lucky to get that at this point.

Am I really missing something here?

The play with EM is wait till he's cut which you know he will be, and offer him 3.5 a year for three years with a 3.5 signing bonus. And he would be pretty damn lucky to get that at this point.

Am I really missing something here?

640860[/snapback]

Yeah, you're missing the following:

a.) The Bills have no hard and fast date to cut him so a team that would like Eric to actually practice with them before the season begins better do it sooner rather than later, unless they hope that the Bills need the cap money for something else.

b.) Somebody else might be crazy/desperate enough to trade for him.

c.) Somebody else might be crazy/desperate enough to offer more, especially if you only have the $4M in cap space needed to make that deal.

d.) If you're not a "playoff team," on the "open market" he might take a little less to go to a "playoff team."

Remember, it's not just you, there are 31 other teams in the league and any gamble you take on waiting basically assumes the other 31 teams are going to wait as well.

He could very well take less to go elsewhere, even in a trade scenario, that's frequently the nature of the beast when given an "insulting" renegotiation offer from your current team...you end up with even less in the long run, but pride doesn't let you "go back."

Like I said, Bills are likely looking for minimum compensation just to have the ability to decide where he goes...

At the 3/21 press conference, Marv didn't say he was going to cut Moulds. He said that after Moulds examines his options with other teams, he might find out that the Bills are still making him the best offer with the paycut.

The Bills will get a 3rd or a 4th for him as long as there are 2 or more teams interested in him. The team that trades for him gets him for sure, the team that waits until he's cut might lose him to another team.

If you are a team that is a playoff contender, why wouldn't you make the trade? Any WR you pick up in the 3rd round probably isn't going to be as good as Moulds over the next 2-3 years.