CVATBDGPS Friday?

Central Virginia that is.  Anyone want to start our own garbage plate series, seeing as how we have 2 locations with "Rochester Garbage Plates" in the area

638795[/snapback]

What is in a Garbage Plate in Virginia?

hey Rochester folks.....i finally had a "Plate" that was sooo good, but too big to finish!

"Starvin' Marvins" on Main Street Webster. The container he served it in weighed about 5 lbs. !!!

Central Virginia that is.  Anyone want to start our own garbage plate series, seeing as how we have 2 locations with "Rochester Garbage Plates" in the area

638795[/snapback]

Wow. Might be interesting Pooj. I would likely go if we get a group up...

The heck with that!  I want a Scrapple plate!  Yummmmmm!

639021[/snapback]

Scrapple is Pennsylvania Dutch isn't it? I remember trying it once for breakfast during a college field trip. Have no idea what it's made of, and probably don't want to know.

Scrapple is Pennsylvania Dutch isn't it?  I remember trying it once for breakfast during a college field trip.  Have no idea what it's made of, and probably don't want to know.

641217[/snapback]

It's what's left over after they make hot dogs... :blush: Comes in a grey brick.

Oooh, it's in the Wikipedia!

I know scrapple is on the menu at Maryland IHOP, and I saw it in the Giant stores down there...

Actually, there are three locations: (Hugenot Rd, Shoppes at Belgrade), 17th St near The Farmers Market, and on Parham Rd close to interchange with I-95.

To get back to your original ?, I M Hipp to that. You mean lunch? The latter two locations are best for me. Obviously, this week is out.

Setup a date and those of us interested can confirm and bring our anti-hypertensive, anti-ulcer, and anti-cholesterol medications.

It's what's left over after they make hot dogs... :blush:  Comes in a grey brick.

Oooh, it's in the Wikipedia!

I know scrapple is on the menu at Maryland IHOP, and I saw it in the Giant stores down there...

641233[/snapback]

I tole you that I didn't want to know! :lol: Course this makes me want to go out and buy a brick.

Scrapple is a savory cornmeal pudding in which the cornmeal is simmered with pork scraps and trimmings, then cooled and hardened into a loaf.

Nothing more savory than pork scraps and trimmings. Yummmmm yummmmm it's offal good!