Anyone know when the NFL schedule is released?

eball

The schedule was released last year on April 13th and the year before on April 15th. The draft is late this year which may delay the release of the schedule plus there will be the usual requests from the networks to have a flexible portion to the season (moving games in the latter half of the year to make primetime games "good" games etc). This "discussion" may also impact the release of the schedule.

Bills have opened at home 6 straight years - we are so due to start on the road it's ridiculous.

-RichNJoisy

plus there will be the usual requests from the networks to have a flexible portion to the season (moving games in the latter half of the year to make primetime games "good" games etc).  This "discussion" may also impact the release of the schedule.

635986[/snapback]

This is especially true this year, with NBC getting a say on late-season Sunday night games. Expect times of games in the second half of the season all to be listed as 'TBD.' (No, not 'Two Bills Drive!')

I believe the NFL Network made a big deal on the official schedule announcement last year, in that they carried it live, etc. Some outlets, however, leaked the schedule before the 'official' announcement. (I think I remember the NY Daily News leaked the Jints/Jets sched a few days before they were 'official.')

I believe the NFL Network made a big deal on the official schedule announcement last year, in that they carried it live, etc.  Some outlets, however, leaked the schedule before the 'official' announcement.  (I think I remember the NY Daily News leaked the Jints/Jets sched a few days before they were 'official.')

636111[/snapback]

And those leaks pissed off alot of people in the NFL, not only the front office, but the teams that had not leaked their schedules. There were some private "slaps on the wrist" for that happening.

The Bills usually hold their Select-a-Seat event the first weekend in May, so the schedule is announced before then - usually a couple of weeks before the draft (April 29).

635989[/snapback]

Rumor has it that this year they're changing the name of the "Select a Seat" event to the "Bend over and grab your ankles" event.

There will be awards for flexibility and endurance.

If anyone hears any leaks re the Bills/Houston game or Bills/Bears game, I would appreciate you letting me know.  We want to be right on the ball to block hotel rooms quickly.

636541[/snapback]

Glad to hear that you'll be involved with organizing something for the game in Chi-town...I'll be there!