Bills likely to make offer sheet to Idonije

Bills | Team likely to give Idonije and offer sheet

Sat, 18 Mar 2006 06:37:56 -0800

Brad Biggs, of the Chicago Sun-Times, reports the Buffalo Bills are likely to sign restricted free agent DL Israel Idonije (Bears) to an offer sheet. Idonije could fill a number of roles for the Bills, who know him well with former Bears coaches Perry Fewell and Charlie Coiner on staff. Because the Bears did not draft Idonije, picking him up after he had been cut loose by Cleveland, they would not receive compensation from the Bills.

he would be good depth

but on the other hand come on now, what about Nall and Neil rrrrrrrr :devil:

Bills | Team likely to give Idonije and offer sheet

Sat, 18 Mar 2006 06:37:56 -0800

Brad Biggs, of the Chicago Sun-Times, reports the Buffalo Bills are likely to sign restricted free agent DL Israel Idonije (Bears) to an offer sheet. Idonije could fill a number of roles for the Bills, who know him well with former Bears coaches Perry Fewell and Charlie Coiner on staff. Because the Bears did not draft Idonije, picking him up after he had been cut loose by Cleveland, they would not receive compensation from the Bills.

he would be good depth

but on the other hand come on now, what about Nall and Neil rrrrrrrr ;)

634539[/snapback]

Depth? When are they going to go after some starters? :devil:

Well he would be the LDE  (strong side guy) that I was wondering about.  Since Mario Williams and Schoebal are both RDE's it was doubtful that we would have drafted Williams anyhow.

634627[/snapback]

Williams was a LDE. Manny Lawson was the RDE for NC State.

Yes, I'm sure.

Well he would be the LDE  (strong side guy) that I was wondering about.  Since Mario Williams and Schoebal are both RDE's it was doubtful that we would have drafted Williams anyhow.

634627[/snapback]

Thats funny. Everytime I see a highlight clip on Williams, he is always attacking the QB from the left side.

Israel!  Paris!  London!  Takeo...which...can be slightly altered to read Tokyo!

You cant stop the United Nations!

634604[/snapback]

How sweet would be to sing Reggie Germany back? I mean it just sounds right.

Williams was a LDE.  Manny Lawson was the RDE for NC State.

Yes, I'm sure.

634631[/snapback]

I believe you, but from what I have read, everything said he was a RDE. Unless that is the projection in the NFL. BTW, it had something to do with concern over his run stopping skills. Which would mean that RDE is better suited for him. In fact he is compared to Peppers a lot.

1/2 a page :devil:  on the Bears board on their potential loss...they seem to like him.

He's Canadien, too. ;)

634643[/snapback]

WHA WHA WHA WHAAAAT?!?! Look I'm not going to lie to you people. Izzy is a friend of mine, we went to University together and spent our summers working the kids sports camps in Winnipeg (Canada, where we're both from...well he's originally from Brandon). I knew he was a RFA but I didn't think he'd play for my beloved Bills. I've gone to see him play in Chicago and he's a good player but more importantly he's a really great guy-total class. I moved to Ottawa this year so I don't see him in the summers anymore but he still hangs out with friends there for the month he comes home. Man oh man, this is what happens when I get off the board for a few months....I gotta call Winnipeg now!

I LOVE THIS!

WHA WHA WHA WHAAAAT?!?!  Look I'm not going to lie to you people.  Izzy is a friend of mine, we went to University together and spent our summers working the kids sports camps in Winnipeg (Canada, where we're both from...well he's originally from Brandon).  I knew he was a RFA but I didn't think he'd play for my beloved Bills.  I've gone to see him play in Chicago and he's a good player but more importantly he's a really great guy-total class.  I moved to Ottawa this year so I don't see him in the summers anymore but he still hangs out with friends there for the month he comes home.  Man oh man, this is what happens when I get off the board for a few months....I gotta call Winnipeg now!

I LOVE THIS!

634746[/snapback]

you grew up in manitoba, wow life must have been boring :devil: jk

i think it's a great pickup

How sweet would be to sing Reggie Germany back? I mean it just sounds right.

634650[/snapback]

Well, I guess someone could bring back Stalin Colinet (DE) and he'd rule everyone under the Iron Curtain...no fun in this UN with Stalin...

Stephen NEAL I can see but Nall???!!!!!????????!!!!!!!!!! don't we have enough QBs who are either career backups or projects. I say if we don't sign experienced starter and don't get one of top 2 (Young or Leinart) we should draft or sign intriguing youngster.I know people will say well intriguing youngster or draftee is a project but why waste time on somebody like Nall.No disrespect to other posters just my opinion