Haggan and Josh Reed Re-Signed

VABills

For a guy that I wanted out of the organization, he certainly got paid like a star.....

Yet, we can't pay Bentley 6 Mill a year or Pickett 4 Mill......Where our REAL needs are.

Let's review. We now have a backup TE making 2 Mill, A 5th WR making 2 Mill, and we haven't even looked at the real problem on this team which is OL.

I have no clue as to what they are smoking over there. Ricky Williams must have come in for a secret visit.

This is pure crap that they are doing over there.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta admit, I was really surprised to see this. But then again, all is not set until it's set. The Bills now have four thousand receivers:

1 Evans

2 Moulds

3 Reed? Davis? Parrish? Aiken?

7 J. Smith

8 George Wilson

Then we have the draft, free agent rookies, etc.

Surely Shirley there's no way we go into next season with this many WRs.

Having Reed to a cap friendly deal gives the Bills some trade leverage in a season when many teams are WEAK AS HELL at that position. Look at the Pats. Unless they bring back Troy Brown, their starters are Deion Branch and Bethel Johnson. After that, it's unproven learners. The Jets need receivers. Miami could use a couple. And that's just in our own division. There are about 15 teams with real problems at WR.

MORE reason to retain as many of them as we can. I think Marv is going to deal one, possibly more, on draft day or before draft day. Josh might just become a very good receiver one day, but I still don't think he'll be a Bill next year.

I have no clue

634177[/snapback]

Perhaps. :lol:

These deals may sound like a lot of money, but in actuallity are probably structured to be very cap friendly in years one and two, after which they can be terminated with little dead cap or restructured if lightning somehow strikes.

Perhaps.    :lol:

These deals may sound like a lot of money, but in actuallity are probably structured to be very cap friendly in years one and two, after which they can be terminated with little dead cap or restructured if lightning somehow strikes.

634185[/snapback]

I'm sorry, but I can find a rookie out there somewhere that can give me what Josh Reed does and more and I can pick him up dirt cheap. Any receiver can drop ball after ball and run a 4.8. No matter how "cap friendly" the contract is, I could find the same production, much cheaper.

I'm sorry, but I can find a rookie out there somewhere that can give me what Josh Reed does and more and I can pick him up dirt cheap.  Any receiver can drop ball after ball and run a 4.8.  No matter how "cap friendly" the contract is, I could find the same production, much cheaper.

634186[/snapback]

apparently u dont watch games.........he only dropped 2 balls this year

Look at the Pats. Unless they bring back Troy Brown, their starters are Deion Branch and Bethel Johnson. After that, it's unproven learners.

634179[/snapback]

I was all set to complain about Reed, then I read that. Holy sh--. Deion Branch, Bethel Johnson, and "uhhhh...some guy" is truly frightening.

And really, I wasn't all that set to complain about Reed. He's shown signs of curing his rectal-cranial inversion...and he's always been a reasonably good downfield blocker, which is something the Bills will desperately need if Moulds goes elsewhere.

apparently u dont watch games.........he only dropped 2 balls this year

634234[/snapback]

It is the RAC yards where he excels. That TD last year running through players was a thing of beauty . Now we just have to hope it was a sign of things to come and not just a JR career highlight bite.

Man, a lot of people underestimate the wrs that the bills have i like evans, reed, and davis. Id like to see more of parrish too in slot and andre reed like situations. He could be good. Moulds is not necesarry but until we give more experience and see recievers like reed and parrish develop a little more it would be damn nice to have an all star wr like moulds for the young guys to follow. And we got a little room so i would like to see moulds stay

What are the Bills thinking when they reached an agreement with Josh Reed? :devil: Look at it this guy has been silent for the past couple of years with maybe a few catches here or there but has no productivity. If I were Marv he would have been gone right when I came into the office. It would free up some cap room and maybe could have brought Givens in. So instead we resigned Reed and brought in Andre Davis. Wait a minute if Andre Davis played for the Brows and Kelly Holcomb is the back up does this mean that J.P. may be trade value. ;) Holcomb and Davis posted some good numbers together in Cleveland, these numbers are better than any QB to WR the Bills in the last couple of years.

Here in NE country, there was a lot of talk on sports radio about picking up JR. The way they were talking, it was like he was a star. Not a heckuva lot of talk about Andre Davis except that NE gave up a 3rd rounder for him yet Buffalo signed him for a reasonable contract.

I think re-signing JR is not a bad call. Hopefully he'll get the dropsies out of his head and start producing again like his first year.

RTB

634011[/snapback]

================

I am glad JR didnt sign with the pats, I was thinking he was right up Belichs alley. Goes to show he can still play ball and I was hoping the Bills would keep him. He's still young but caught some good balls for us,especially last year. He is like a Steve Smith type receiver, small and quick. His best ball is ahead of him.

================

I  He is like a Steve Smith type receiver, small and quick.  His best ball is ahead of him.

634875[/snapback]

He's exactly like Steve Smith except smith has better hands, field awareness, jumping, agility, and Oh Yeah Smith runs a 4.35 40 compared to Josh Reed's 4.6 or 4.7 :lol:

Anyone seen JSP since yesterday?

Hello? Anyone?

Oh no, I think the Josh Reed news finally made his head explode...

:doh:

634833[/snapback]

No, I'm not suprised. This is Buffalo, the land of obscene contracts for undersized WRs and irritatingly annoying lack of attention to the Offensive Line.

Fact suck.