If Moulds is cut

Gambler

He will sign with Dallas within 48 hours.

Parcells got Bledsoe for free. (FWIW)

Now he is going to pounce on Moulds. Parcells hopes he gets him for free too.

I think he would get Terrell Owens, but he is waiting to see if Moulds is available.

Keyshawn Johnson and TO are big headaches. I am sure Bledsoe is pulling for Moulds to be released.

Now here is a situation where Marv can earn his paycheck.

Pick up the phone and call Dallas. Trade Moulds to Dallas for a couple picks.

Time to rebuild from the draft since free agency isn't working out so great.

I think he would get Terrell Owens, but he is waiting to see if Moulds is available.

Keyshawn Johnson and TO are big headaches. I am sure Bledsoe is pulling for Moulds to be released.

631571[/snapback]

You are missing the nasty little issue of Moulds' contract. Why would any team trade anything for Moulds, let alone a "couple of draft picks", for a guy that will be cut? It was the same reason "Parcells got Bledsoe for free". The Bills only option is to overpay Moulds, or cut him, and cut their losses. Moulds will either be overpaid by Buffalo in 2006, or be set free to negotiate with any team that is interested in him. He will not be traded.

As much as I like Moulds, he is not as good as Terrell Owens. I don't know that Bledsoe and Moulds are all that tight any more either.

What will likely happen, I think, is that the Bills will eat it, and pay Moulds to play this year. Their is no free agent option better than him at the moment, and a rookie will take a few years to bring along. If Moulds is cut, you can expect Philadelphia or Denver to come courting.

Normally I will agree that no team will trade someone that is going to be cut anyway, but no one is 100% sure he will be (except posters on this board) so it makes a trade possible. Marv and Dick have both said they are planning on having Moulds on the team next year and have never said they were going to cut him if they couldn't get his contract cost down.

As for his contract, any team that trades for him can always renegotiate his contract when he gets traded. It may be a stipulation on the deal, that the new team will have to be able to renegotiate his contract before the deal is finalized.

If we were able to trade Moulds, what do you think his value is? If Brandon Lloyd is worth a 3rd round pick (2006) and a 4th round pick (2007) to the Washington Deadskins, what is Moulds' value considering his age, salary, etc, etc, etc. At this point, I would be inclined to push for a 4th round pick this year or a conditional pick next year. Personally, I think we need to unload him, move on, and start rebuilding this team with young bucks. Anything we can get in return is gravy at this point.

Comments? Other thoughts?

I don't know about that, it could be.

But I do remember

Moulds not endorsing Bledsoe's comments about the Bills being "his team"

or how about

Bledsoe, first day being a cowgirl, I have more & better weapons here than I had in Buffalo.

I hope he goes to Philly with a healthy McNabb, of course.

I agree. I think we should at least try and talk to TO to see where he stands and if he would want to come for a visit. What could it hurt. Make a possible contract very incentive-laden so if he becomes a problem, he is shown the door. I think TO will want to prove everyone wrong, and would love to get on any team and help them get to the superbowl. Heck, with us, if he comes and helps get us to the playoffs it will be a big deal.

631571[/snapback]

With so many teams in dire need of a receiver and so few available don't expect Moulds to be "cut". Any team that wants Moulds will have to pry him away with picks (of course he and his agent will have to work out a deal before hand since no team will take him at his current salary, can you say sign and trade?).

He either remains a Bill or we'll get something for him, there will be no outright release of Eric Moulds.

But if Moulds is willing to accept less, then again why not just wait for the Bills to dump him and sign him for whatever amoount you were going to renegotiate to and be done with it?? The only reason I could see if it were some "off beat" team that Moulds likely wouldn't go to as a FA, so by trading for, eliminate that issue. Maybe a Cinnci?? But again if Mould doesn't really to go there, he can refuse to redo the contact. So again, don't see much a reason for a team to trade for him??

Couple that with the post stating the Bill's just cut Moulds, may make this treat obsolete in less than an hour. But was fun while it lasted.

As for his contract, any team that trades for him can always renegotiate his contract when he gets traded. It may be a stipulation on the deal, that the new team will have to be able to renegotiate his contract before the deal is finalized.

631723[/snapback]

But if Moulds is willing to accept less, then again why not just wait for the Bills to dump him and sign him for whatever amoount you were going to renegotiate to and be done with it??

632119[/snapback]

The problem with the Moulds situation is that the Bills have never said if they can't reach a deal to restructure/give him a paycut they are going to release him. The media is the one saying he will be cut. The Bills plan to keep him, but are trying to restructure to get his number more cap friendly. If they can't do that or find there are no good replacements for him, they may just keep him for what hes signed on for.

A team might also not like their chances of being able to be the highest bidder if they have to compete with other teams to bring him in, so by trading for him they get his rights exclusively. Its like John Abraham, the jets can't afford to keep him, so why would a team be willing to trade for him? It may happen that he will eventually get cut if no one wants to deal (just like moulds could get cut too) but someone might be willing to give up something for him cause they really want him.

The problem with the Moulds situation is that the Bills have never said if they can't reach a deal to restructure/give him a paycut they are going to release him. The media is the one saying he will be cut. The Bills plan to keep him, but are trying to restructure to get his number more cap friendly. If they can't do that or find there are no good replacements for him, they may just keep him for what hes signed on for.

A team might also not like their chances of being able to be the highest bidder if they have to compete with other teams to bring him in, so by trading for him they get his rights exclusively. Its like John Abraham, the jets can't afford to keep him, so why would a team be willing to trade for him? It may happen that he will eventually get cut if no one wants to deal (just like moulds could get cut too) but someone might be willing to give up something for him cause they really want him.

632515[/snapback]

I am sick that the whole situation is this rotten. I just would hope the Bills get something for him.

If his personal adviser thinks he is a top ten receiver, the Bills should tell him to go out and find the best deal.

He is definitely not worth a $10.85 cap hit if you consider the Bills rebuilding.

I don't know about that, it could be.

But I do remember

Moulds not endorsing Bledsoe's comments about the Bills being "his team"

or how about

Bledsoe, first day being a cowgirl, I have more & better weapons here than I had in Buffalo.

I hope he goes to Philly with a healthy McNabb, of course.

631791[/snapback]

Players do not have memories as long as fans. They get over it.