Trade for J. Walker

On Espn rumor centeral they said GB would be lucky to get a mid to late pick for Walker now that he is damaged goods. With a base salary of only 600,000 why wouldn't we trade our 5th for him? Save the 6 mill. with Moulds and go after better players.

If its true...do it now. Pending a physical. They will be lucky to get that because

a) he is coming off an injury

b) he wants a new contract

2 big problems. But for a 5th rounder, its worth the risk. I would even accept giving up a 3rd for him, but no higher.

On Espn rumor centeral they said GB would be lucky to get a mid to late pick for Walker now that he is damaged goods.  With a base salary of only 600,000 why wouldn't we trade our 5th for him?  Save the 6 mill. with Moulds and go after better players.

627922[/snapback]

Actually, I'd see if the Packers would be willing to make an even trade of Moulds for Walker. If Walker doesn't pan out, the Bills aren't out anything besides Moulds, a player they would have released anyway.

Right, let's bring in another unhappy guy who calls out his organization in the media.  Plus, this one is injured and would "rather retire" than play for his previous team.  He's definitely the kind of guy we need to win.  :mellow:

627934[/snapback]

But.. but.. but... I've HEARD OF HIM !!!!!

Right, let's bring in another unhappy guy who calls out his organization in the media. Plus, this one is injured and would "rather retire" than play for his previous team. He's definitely the kind of guy we need to win.

He is one of the best young recievers in the game, and he made 500k last year. He held out of camp because he did not want to risk injury and his career for a "measly" 500k salary. At the last minute, he decided to play instead of sit out the season. What happened? Torn ACL. He then fires his agent (Rosenhaus) because he got him into the situation he was in.

Taking all that into account, its hard to fault the guy for beeing a little ticked with the way things are going for him. I cant put the "troubled player" label on a guy when I can see so clearly where he is coming from.

I have more than heard of him.  Tell me 5 WRs you would rather have (assuming all are healthy...take age into consideration)

627945[/snapback]

Steve Smith

Larry Fitzgerald

Torry Holt

Chris Chambers

Anquan Boldin

Santana Moss

Chad Johnson

Randy Moss

Hines Ward

Roy Williams

Reggie Wayne

Andre Johnson

Actually,  I'd see if the Packers would be willing to make an even trade of Moulds for Walker.  If Walker doesn't pan out,  the Bills aren't out anything besides Moulds,  a player they would have released anyway.

627929[/snapback]

The problem is Walker would wnat to make as much if not more than Moulds. Count on it.

I have more than heard of him.  Tell me 5 WRs you would rather have (assuming all are healthy...

627945[/snapback]

That's an assumption you CAN'T make about Walker, can you?

You trade for Waker and sign him to a contract.. with incentives on it was well.. then in turn u have more flexibility with Moulds!!! Marv would be stupid to at least not call and explore Javon!!! He is a talent and remember a young one at that..also this ACL crap don't let me hear it.. Willis, Steve Smith, there are others that come back as good if not better i.e. (Steve Smith)

You trade for Waker and sign him to a contract.. with incentives on it was well.. then in turn u have more flexibility with Moulds!!! Marv would be stupid to at least not call and explore Javon!!! He is a talent and remember a young one at that..also this ACL crap don't let me hear it.. Willis, Steve Smith, there are others that come back as good if not better i.e. (Steve Smith)

627972[/snapback]

When did Steve Smith blow out an ACL? Only time he's ever been on IR was the broken leg in 2004.

He is one of the best young recievers in the game, and he made 500k last year.  He held out of camp because he did not want to risk injury and his career for a "measly" 500k salary.  At the last minute, he decided to play instead of sit out the season.  What happened?  Torn ACL.  He then fires his agent (Rosenhaus) because he got him into the situation he was in.

Taking all that into account, its hard to fault the guy for beeing a little ticked with the way things are going for him.  I cant put the "troubled player" label on a guy when I can see so clearly where he is coming from.

627944[/snapback]

You're right, he has a right to be pissed. That said, there is no way I want ANOTHER guy on my team who wants to play things out in the media and threaten with ultimatums. Giving guys like that exactly what they want is a GUARANTEE that they'll do it again. Only this time it'll be to your team.

The problem is Walker would wnat to make as much if not more than Moulds.  Count on it.

627956[/snapback]

He may want big money, but coming off that knee injury, his options are very limited. He's either going to have to prove he can still play and earn a new contract in 2007 or be willing to sign an incentive based deal right now with his new team.

Randy Moss - You're kidding right?

Hines Ward -Love Him...but 30 years old..

Roy Williams - Best season, 800 yds 8 TDs...

Reggie Wayne - Good but not a #1

Andre Johnson - Stretching for #10 here...

I give you your top 7...but Moss/Ward/Williams/Wayne/Johnson...no thanks, I'll take walker. I dont particularly like Chambers/Fitz or Santana either...But I'll accept them as possibly better than walker. Personal Opinion.

2005 Javon Walker : 89 catches / 1382yds 12TDs

my 2 cents:

Randy Moss - The assumption is the players are healthy. Moss and Walker both have attitude problems (Remember the feud between Favre and Walker last season?)

Hines Ward - 30 years old do-it-all Ward vs. 27 years old Walker with attitude problems, I'll take Ward

Roy Williams - 24 years old, His QB is Joey Harrington. Walker has Favre.

Reggie Wayne - more consistent than Walker, who only had one good season.

Andre Johnson - 24 years old, best season: 1142 yds, 6 TD. His QB is David Carr and his team hasn't had a o-line for a long time.

Randy Moss - You're kidding right?

Hines Ward -Love Him...but 30 years old..

Roy Williams - Best season, 800 yds 8 TDs...

Reggie Wayne - Good but not a #1

Andre Johnson - Stretching for #10 here...

I give you your top 7...but Moss/Ward/Williams/Wayne/Johnson...no thanks, I'll take walker.  I dont particularly like Chambers/Fitz or Santana either...But I'll accept them as possibly better than walker.  Personal Opinion.

2005 Javon Walker : 89 catches / 1382yds 12TDs

627990[/snapback]

you've got to be kidding if you think walker is half the player that andre johnson is. put johnson on the packers and he's a superstar.