Biggest reason I hope Bills sign Pickett

exactly.

next question: why would we ever want to waste another high draft pick on a guy from Texas when every one of these can't-miss Texas 1st rounders flop?

627048[/snapback]

Ill say this again:

So because Penn State RB's were on a bad run of being busts/disappointments...the Chiefs should have said forget it to Larry Johnson correct????

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope the Bills ink Pickett either today or tomorrow...to lessen the chances of drafting a guy like Ngata...the thought of the Bills taking Ngata just does not sit well with me at all...would love to see the Bills either trade down or somehow get a guy like Huff or Vernon Davis.

Thoughts?

626854[/snapback]

I think that stinks. It doesn't go well w/ this mock draft of mine:

1. Haloti Ngata DT Oregon

2. Claude Wroten DT LSU

3a. Dusty Dvoracek DT Oklahoma

3b. Babatunde Oshinowo DT Stanford

4. Montavious Stanley DT Louisville

5. Gerald Anderson DT Georgia

6. Kwakou Robinson DT Virginia

7. Johnny Jolly DT Texas A&M

I think that stinks.  It doesn't go well w/ this mock draft of mine:

1.  Haloti Ngata                          DT          Oregon

2.  Claude Wroten                      DT          LSU

3a.  Dusty Dvoracek                    DT          Oklahoma

3b.  Babatunde Oshinowo            DT            Stanford

4.  Montavious Stanley                DT            Louisville

5.  Gerald Anderson                    DT            Georgia

6.  Kwakou Robinson                    DT            Virginia

7.  Johnny Jolly                            DT          Texas A&M

627305[/snapback]

:):w00t::DB-)

Let's reserve judgment and see how this free agency and draft thing plays out.

627187[/snapback]

Agreed.

Right now our major need is defensive tackle, then Offensive tackle. That means Ngata unless there sre some real stud DT's out there in free agency.  Huff is a very good safety prospect, but he isn't going to make much of a difference next season. Ngata will make a difference.  Davis could also make a difference next season and I could almost understand drafting him assuming we found a very good DT somewhere else and addressed the o-line with pretty much the rest of the draft.  But Huff (a great player) is a luxury that we can't afford.

627239[/snapback]

I am thinking this as well the more time passes.....

Hali Nagata may well end up being a very good DT and a solid pro for years.....

BUT

Vernon Davis might be the best Tight End to come out of college in years....we have a young QB who needs a big target who can get separation......

626873[/snapback]

I think the Davis signing, uncertainty w/respect to Moulds, and letting Reed go is telling us something: the Bills WRs are going to go deep most of the time (they're not big enough for much else), the TEs, FB and RB are going to pick up the short stuff and there'll be overlap in the intermediate routes. If the QB and WRs can establish a legitimate deep threat, the opposing secondary is going to get drawn down the field on nearly every play. This will open up the short and intermediate routes and give the RB some room to move if the OL can give him a hole to run through.

Royals and Euhus will be the blocking/possession tight ends, Everett and (Davis?) will be the deep threat tight ends.

I think that Ngata has the size and ability to play NFL football, but i don't think i want to take a chance on him.

The reason i say "chance" is because he is playing in the Pac 10, and personally i believe that the Pac 10 only has one or two good teams. I don't think the game film is there to see if he can hack it against NFL caliber players. So therefore, i would pass on Ngata.

I think you are better off taking somebody from a better conference that the NFL draws a lot of its players out of. For example the SEC. Hands down has some of, if not the best football at the collegiate level. It seems as though everybody from the SEC is picked up by teams because of the challenging football that they play down there.

I think Vernon Davis, Broderick Bunkley, and Mario Williams are the best players in this draft, and i think Buffalo needs to take a serious look at these guys because they are going to be the future stars of this league.

I think that Ngata has the size and ability to play NFL football, but i don't think i want to take a chance on him.

The reason i say "chance" is because he is playing in the Pac 10, and personally i believe that the Pac 10 only has one or two good teams. I don't think the game film is there to see if he can hack it against NFL caliber players. So therefore, i would pass on Ngata.

I think you are better off taking somebody from a better conference that the NFL draws a lot of its players out of. For example the SEC. Hands down has some of, if not the best football at the collegiate level. It seems as though everybody from the SEC is picked up by teams because of the challenging football that they play down there.

I think Vernon Davis, Broderick Bunkley, and Mario Williams are the best players in this draft, and i think Buffalo needs to take a serious look at these guys because they are going to be the future stars of this league.

627359[/snapback]

But the 3 players (4 if you add Da Brick) you cite all come from the ACC... a conference quite similar to your Pac 10 analysis IMO, and markedly inferior to say the Big 10 or SEC.

Bottom line, it is hard to make such sweeping generalizations (unless you're talking smack :) )

Does that mean you wouldn't want Polamalu at 8?

627369[/snapback]

Sure, if I could use the #8 pick in this draft to take Troy Polamalu, I would. That being said, he isn't eligible. However, if you are equating Huff and Polamalu, I'd respond that I'd rather have a chance at the next Shaun Rodgers, Julius Peppers, Takeo Spikes, Jonathan Ogden or even a potential franchise QB (gasp) over taking a potential dominant safety at #8. Good safeties will be available well into the 3rd round; I don't believe you can say that about the other aforementioned positions.

But the 3 players (4 if you add Da Brick) you cite all come from the ACC... a conference quite similar to your Pac 10 analysis IMO, and markedly inferior to say the Big 10 or SEC.

Bottom line, it is hard to make such sweeping generalizations (unless you're talking smack  :) )

627377[/snapback]

Wow you're right about the conference thing. I need to put the bong down or something. HAHA

I would prefer if Buffalo picked up Rocky Bernard in free agency rather than Pickett and i think Bernard's stats speak on his behalf.

To solve the safety problem i think we need to go with a guy like Tank Williams, i think that Williams is the best possibility in free agency. The only other guy worth looking at in free agency is there because we put him there.

If we don't get Williams i think there is plenty of safety talent in this draft. Ex: Darnell Bing, is not that bad and i could certainly live with him.

I would prefer if Buffalo picked up Rocky Bernard in free agency rather than Pickett and i think Bernard's stats speak on his behalf.

To solve the safety problem i think we need to go with a guy like Tank Williams, i think that Williams is the best possibility in free agency. The only other guy worth looking at in free agency is there because we put him there.

If we don't get Williams i think there is plenty of safety talent in this draft. Ex: Darnell Bing, is not that bad and i could certainly live with him.

627576[/snapback]

I like Tank Williams too, but I think he is more of a lawyer Milloy type gut that you would play in the box. They need someone to play back in the cover two and I dont think he has that sort of range. For the cheap we might look at Hope from the Steelers not a long term answer, but good as a stop gap.

I like Tank Williams too, but I think he is more of a lawyer Milloy type gut that you would play in the box. They need someone to play back in the cover two and I dont think he has that sort of range. For the cheap we might look at Hope from the Steelers not a long term answer, but good as a stop gap.

627592[/snapback]

Tank Williams is a Lawyer Milloy type. Not a cover 2 kind of guy.

You can't be serious.  You would seriously pass on a player because they went to Texas and in your mind Texas players are not successful?  Amazing.  I'm going to add you to the list of people that I'm glad aren't the GM of the Buffalo Bills  :D

627060[/snapback]

You must be skeptical at least about a Longhorn. I've read reports about how that program breeds laziness and poor work ethic. It's like a big party over there; guys with tons of talent, they don't work much, they get trated like gods, and they come to the NFL and can't figure out the little things to get better. And I've seen the proof with guys like Mike Williams, Leonard David, Jammer, Roy Williams, and likely Cedric Benson. Really, the only big-time first round success from that program in recent memory has been Ricky Williams...and he's a weirdo. :)

I know nothing about Huff, so maybe I'm wrong. But something stinks with that Texas program.

I loathe the thought of drafting a S at #8.

626856[/snapback]

Well, remember that Roy Williams was taken at #8. Some of the other safeties that have turned into great pros were taken a little later with Rodney Harrison at 14, Polamalu at 16, and Ed Reed at 24.

The video of Huff someone provided didn't give me a good enough impression of him to be taken at #8, however.

Well, remember that Roy Williams was taken at #8.    Some of the other safeties that have turned into great pros were taken a little later with Rodney Harrison at 14, Polamalu at 16,  and Ed Reed at 24.

The video of Huff someone provided didn't give me a good enough impression of him to be taken at #8, however.

627634[/snapback]

Agreed. With a guy like Roy Williams you saw in his highlight reel alone that he was going to have an impact on the football field. Remember that hit that was always shown of him completely leveling that guy? I think that guy was from Oklahoma State.

I think Huff is an athletic player and i think he will be fairly good if not very good in the NFL. I just think that the #8 slot is really high for a guy like him. Yes he is fast and all that other stuff, but i think if you want to take him you have to trade down and risk someone else picking him up before the Bills.

The only thing, the few of you who are high on Davis and Huff are not alone. I believe strongly that the Raiders will select Davis, it is like Al to take the sexy pick, and unless Young is availible, then that will be his selection. and if Huff is still there for SF I feel they will select him, being how weak they are in the 2ndary they need a playmaker, however if Mario Williams is there still I believe they have reason to take him. I think Green Bay is another team that could take Huff. Ngata is a good if not great player, in fact i don't think we could go wrong. But this is another reason I wish the draft was first.