After fully reading the CBA...

I disagree. It will be bad for a team which has a senile, comparatively poor owner who is 87 and wants to be "actively involved."

The deal is good for most other teams.

This is based on...you having read it fully, owning a multi-million dollar company, and running a pro football team? :rolleyes:

I hope you're right and Ralph is wrong, Bill. I really do. But...

This is based on...you having read it fully, owning a multi-million dollar company, and running a pro football team? :rolleyes:

623256[/snapback]

No, it is based on the fact that Ralph Wilson, while he has my thanks for keeping a team in Buffalo (New York), is certainly holding down this team. He doesn't have the money, mental faculties, drive, or any combination thereof to do anything to make us a winner.

I may not live in WNY, but I have been to RWS for the last 12 consecutive years. I have heard many speeches by RW at Bills games. Sorry, but he appeared to be all but shot many years ago. Now, he is simply embarrassing himself.

I would bet that if Golisano owned the Bills, he would find the right people to make us a winner. He wouldn't be babbling about Prozac, or making a sorry spectacle of himself to the national media. Al Davis was making sense compared to Ralph. :doh:

If you think that RW is helping the Bills to win football games you should be happy, because he claims that he will be "actively involved" in running the team this season. As for me, nah, that doesn't sound good. :doh:

Which is why we must place our hopes in the thought that Marv will be effective as the go-between for Ralph and the team. Marv speaks his language, and he is comfortable and trusts Marv. It is Levy that will ultimately make or break it for this team, atleast in the next few seasons. The notion of Ralph being overly active and putting the veto on good decisions is likely an exaggerated fear IMO.

I hope you're right and Ralph is wrong, Bill.  I really do.  But...

623256[/snapback]

My guess is that the deal probably does disadvantage the small revenue teams versus the large revenue teams, but this disadvantage means that the Bills will make less profit than the large market teams if spends to produce a product competive on the field, the Bills still will make a profit.

From my perspective as a fan and as a person, I think that Ralph or whoever owns the Bills next deserves to make a reasonable profit from their investment, but once they do I really do not care if some other team makes a greater profit.

In fact, just as has happened during the last twenty years the Bills will not simply turn a reasonable profit, they will return an outrageously successful profi.

Owning an NFL team is like owning a money-making machine.

The complaints of Ralph or Mike Brown that they are only gonna make a somewhat outrageous amount while Dan Snyder make an outrageous amount does not drive me to tears.

If he or the next owner chooses to leave Buffalo simply because they can make more money in LA, they have a right to do so, but if they do well shame on them. They reasonably could be judged not to be good people.

The fact Ralph has in fact sacrificed maximizing profit to keep the Bills in Buffalo does speak highly of him.

Whining about this though is not one of his finer hours as a human being.

Which is why we must place our hopes in the thought that Marv will be effective as the go-between for Ralph and the team. Marv speaks his language, and he is comfortable and trusts Marv. It is Levy that will ultimately make or break it for this team, atleast in the next few seasons.

623276[/snapback]

I do not dispute one word of the above.

Hey Ralph! Here's an idea, why don't you sell the naming rights to your stadium instead of naming it after yourself and pursue other avenues to bring in more revenue and stop with the woe is me b.s.!

The deal is good for most other teams.

623244[/snapback]

The deal is bad for most other teams.

See, you're not the only one that can make a definitive statement about something they know very little about. I can do it too.

In Other news, Dan Snyder raised parking nearly 40%.

What are you doing Ralph, make us Bills fans pay more so we can compete.

Come on Ralph, do it for the fans, charge us more money!!

Charge us to watch training camp. Charge us more for food and drink. Charge us more for tickets. Charge us more Ralph!!!

"Prices will rise by nearly 40 percent for some seats at FedEx Field, and the team will increase the cost of parking from $25 to $35."

http://washingtontimes.com/national/200603...23242-3784r.htm

Charge us to watch training camp.  Charge us more for food and drink.  Charge us more for tickets.  Charge us more Ralph!!! 

"Prices will rise by nearly 40 percent for some seats at FedEx Field, and the team will increase the cost of parking from $25 to $35."

623312[/snapback]

$35.00 to park? Yikes!!!!

Charge us to watch training camp.  Charge us more for food and drink.  Charge us more for tickets.  Charge us more Ralph!!! 

623312[/snapback]

When one is the owner of a team whose entire stadium consists of season tickets AND there's a waiting list a decade long for season tickets you can pretty much charge anything you want and get away with it.

When one is the owner of a team whose entire stadium consists of season tickets AND there's a waiting list a decade long for season tickets you can pretty much charge anything you want and get away with it.

623319[/snapback]

I dont think the Packers charge whatever they want. They have waiting lists. Their fans are the most dedicated to their team.

Ralph would be thrown out of town if he raised any prices or charged for training camp.

He will have to soon though, or the Bills wont be able to compete.

All prices will have to get large increases and other things like training camp, we will have to pay for.

Im sure the stadium naming rights will be sold.

I dont think the Packers charge whatever they want.  They have waiting lists.  Their fans are the most dedicated to their team.

623329[/snapback]

The Packer fans own the team though, so it's not quite the same thing.

In 1994 when Bob Kraft bought the NE Patriots the were dead last in revenue in the NFL.

But with smart marketing and management he has created an orginization that is now in the top 3 for revenue. Ralph can do the same thing but it will take time and marketing know how.

In 1994 when Bob Kraft bought the NE Patriots the were dead last in revenue in the NFL.

But with smart marketing and management he has created an orginization that is now in the top 3 for revenue. Ralph can do the same thing but it will take time and marketing know how.

623394[/snapback]

You honestly believe WNY has the suite/club seat/corporate ad revenue potential of Boston? Just because Billy Sullivan and Victor Kiam didn't take advantage of the goldmine they were sitting on, that doesn't make Kraft a marketing genius.

Jesus, this MB gets wackier by the day.

Yeah, come on Ralph! Stop holding the Bills down! Start gouging fans for everything to make yourself richer and to stop whining about the money you're NOT seeing from owners who have benefitted from your largesse/vision over the years. Sell the naming rights and pocket an additional $1M a year, instead of having the stadium named after you, which was done by someone else. Stop being cheap and spending to the cap limit and hire $5M a year coaches because they ALWAYS win.

Ya know...I would never defend Mr. Wilson unconditionally and God knows hes made mistakes, but what Bill in NYC wrote above is some of the most speculative, non-factual bull sh-- Ive read on this forum in a long time.

And Ive been reading it for a long time.

It always strikes me as funny that how a sports owner can be labeled as "cheap" because he didnt spend the money the way ONE FAN wants him to. Nevermind the steady influx of free agents, the stadium improvements, the Fieldhouse, the buying of extra tickets, and what not. The fact Mr. Wilson didnt buy what BILL wants makes him cheap.

You want to bash his decision making, go ahead. But to label him as some old miser who gives a sh-- less is ridiculously off-base and downright insulting.