Salary Cap Update 3/9

I hate to beat dead horse but based off those numbers do we keep Eric Moulds, cut him, or trade him.

I wonder if trading him is actually an option....given the situation I dont expect a 1st round pick.....

Possibly a 2nd? Am I dreaming? This would free up his salary and allow us to sign a possibly cheaper veteran.

I want to go to a base 2 TE set anyway.....takes advantage of better blocking and we have speed in Evans and Parrish

I wonder if trading him is actually an option....given the situation I dont expect a 1st round pick.....

Possibly a 2nd?  Am I dreaming?  This would free up his salary and allow us to sign a possibly cheaper veteran.

622393[/snapback]

Obviously more attractive than cutting him outright, but as already asked...who's available to fill his shoes? By the same reasoning, the Bills may be able to get a 2nd for him. Two seconds would go a long way in stocking the lines.

Due to the salary cap jumping so high, I suppose the chances of trading him is slightly increased. But hell, 16 million under...why trade him at all? We got the cash now to keep him, I'd be more focused with signing Nate to a long-term deal to give us even more cash to play with.

Due to the salary cap jumping so high, I suppose the chances of trading him is slightly increased.  But hell, 16 million under...why trade him at all?  We got the cash now to keep him, I'd be more focused with signing Nate to a long-term deal to give us even more cash to play with.

622557[/snapback]

That seems to makes sense, but I think it is safe to predict a pay jump real soon for many, many players. In other words, we're going to need that cap space.

That seems to makes sense, but I think it is safe to predict a pay jump real soon for many, many players. In other words, we're going to need that cap space.

622686[/snapback]

You just know Willis and Drew R. want some of that new jack.

I have a question. With all of the contract details you have, do you also have the lenght of everyones current contract saved somewhere? If you do, is there any way you can also post what the final year of contracts are? It would go a long way in figuring out what the Bills needs are in relation to the cap.

Hey clumping, I see that you have some cap pages saved.  Since the Packers are an opponent this year I'll give you theirs for reference. 

http://members.cox.net/cappage/2006cap.htm

If you use it in the future just make sure you keep the year current.

637139[/snapback]

Wow. Brett is going to count how much against the '06 cap?

Answer, according to that link: $12,633,333

Wow. Brett is going to count how much against the '06 cap?

Answer, according to that link: $12,633,333

637152[/snapback]

Rememer that $100 something Million Dollar deal he signed a few years back...

I presently have the Bills $16,091,819 under an "adjusted" salary cap of $101,776,911 with $8,622,892 "dead cap"

I will be writing a cap analysis and FA outlook article for posting at BZ tomorrow

:devil:

622382[/snapback]

Fuggin Marv, he's just like my grandmother (God rest her soul). Lived through the depression, and for the rest of her life she scrimped and saved, even though she had enough to enjoy her life. Marv's doin the same friggin thing.

Yo Marv Spend the fuggin money

Fuggin Marv, he's just like my grandmother (God rest her soul).  Lived through the depression, and for the rest of her life she scrimped and saved, even though she had enough to enjoy her life.  Marv's doin the same friggin thing. 

Yo Marv  Spend the fuggin money

637195[/snapback]

Dammit, now you've done it. You've gone and said something that the "protect the old farts at all costs" lobby is going to HATE.

Fuggin Marv, he's just like my grandmother (God rest her soul).  Lived through the depression, and for the rest of her life she scrimped and saved, even though she had enough to enjoy her life.  Marv's doin the same friggin thing. 

Yo Marv  Spend the fuggin money

637195[/snapback]

i don't think ralph will allow it.

• 2 weeks later...