Sounds like the Big Money Boys will give in

Talks in Texas

I like the sounds of a new deal giving teams a extra 10 million on the cap. Thats great because the big money clubs (Dallas, Washington, Philly) are over the cap and need the extra cap room. Washington needs all the help it can get...... So you can call this a muscle deal.

But with a new deal and a deal that helps the little guys of the league help make a push to start relocating teams?

Costs of everything now days are growing 25% more a year. Take a look at Buffalo in 10 years. Where does this city stand as far as jobs, growth, and population. Face the facts here, the Mills of the 70's are never coming back, people are leaving the city and heading south. Do you think the NFL will start making a push to put teams in big market areas? In the long run it would kill the NFL but they dont care as long as the cash rolls in. Im sure im not alone when I say this but the day the Buffalo Bills move from Buffalo, I quit on football. I B word and moan with the best of them when they play or are managed poorly but I will never root for another NFL team outside of Buffalo.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Talks in Texas

I like the sounds of a new deal giving teams a extra 10 million on the cap.  Thats great because the big money clubs (Dallas, Washington, Philly) are over the cap and need the extra cap room.  Washington needs all the help it can get......  So you can call this a muscle deal.

But with a new deal and a deal that helps the little guys of the league help make a push to start relocating teams? 

Costs of everything now days are growing 25% more a year.  Take a look at Buffalo in 10 years.  Where does this city stand as far as jobs, growth, and population.  Face the facts here, the Mills of the 70's are never coming back, people are leaving the city and heading south.  Do you think the NFL will start making a push to put teams in big market areas?  In the long run it would kill the NFL but they dont care as long as the cash rolls in.  Im sure im not alone when I say this but the day the Buffalo Bills move from Buffalo, I quit on football.  I B word and moan with the best of them when they play or are managed poorly but I will never root for another NFL team outside of Buffalo.

620247[/snapback]

The sky is falling!!!!

Really...this means little in terms of NFL football in WNY, IMO.

Where's Rudy when you need him?

It would kill us.  Why would it kill the NFL?

620252[/snapback]

How well did a team do in LA the last time the Raiders were there?

Im not saying the NFL would die but I think it would head the ways Baseball has. Most major cities have MLB teams but we all sit and watch Boston/Yanks go at it and use the rest of the league as their farm teams for players.

The only reason the Bills leave western NY inside the next 10 years is ownership. The fans in western NY, southern Ontario and even central NY will continue to support this team. A far second to an ownership crisis would be No cap at all, that would be very tough on the Bills ability to field competetive teams, but we would not be alone.

How well did a team do in LA the last time the Raiders were there?

Im not saying the NFL would die but I think it would head the ways Baseball has.  Most major cities have MLB teams but we all sit and watch Boston/Yanks go at it and use the rest of the league as their farm teams for players.

620265[/snapback]

I think you're arguing both sides. Plus, you say this deal is good for the little guy.

But from a business standpoint, is it fair to the Dan Snyders to make them give their money to the Ralph Wilsons if they are not maximizing their revenues in the first place?

The fans in western NY, southern Ontario and even central NY will continue to support this team. 

620289[/snapback]

At the cheapest ticket prices in the league. What if they made those prices competitive?

The Bills are a regional team now. They don't rely on Buffalo/suburbs for their sole fan base and business revenue stream. They are the regional team for WNY, CNY and Southern Ontario. As long as the Buffalo Bills put a decent product out there, they will be able to get 70,000+ per game. What the county and state need to start planning for , however, is a new stadium. As much as we may not think it's needed, "the Ralph" is falling closer to the bottom of the league in terms of stadium's around the league.

The Bills are a regional team now.  They don't rely on Buffalo/suburbs for their sole fan base and business revenue stream.  They are the regional team for WNY, CNY and Southern Ontario.  As long as the Buffalo Bills put a decent product out there, they will be able to get 70,000+ per game.  What the county and state need to start planning for , however, is a new stadium.  As much as we may not think it's needed, "the Ralph" is falling closer to the bottom of the league in terms of stadium's around the league.

620409[/snapback]

The stadium is "fine" for now...but a new stadium will be needed in the next 10, or so, years.

But from a business standpoint, is it fair to the Dan Snyders to make them give their money to the Ralph Wilsons if they are not maximizing their revenues in the first place?

At the cheapest ticket prices in the league.  What if they made those prices competitive?

620296[/snapback]

So... Dan Snyder didn't realize what he was buying into, a league based on preserving competativeness among franchises? Sounds like he didn't do his homework. I suggest he sell if he doesn't like it.

How do YOU or anyone know that Ralph isn't "maximizing [his] revenues?" Outside of selling naming rights, which would at best bring-in $1-2M a year, if even that, what revenues has he NOT been maximizing?

At the cheapest ticket prices in the league.  What if they made those prices competitive?

If he raised tickets to "competitive" prices, the stadium wouldn't sell-out. Hell it doesn't sell out fully about 1-2 times per year as it is, and even when the Bills were in the SB every year, season tickets never sold out. Raising ticket prices isn't the answer. But I guess making side deals with beverage and apparel companies IS the way to go, even though it screws-over his fellow owners.