Ramius

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5387194

Top 7

Hou - Bush

NO - Leinhart

Ten - Young

NYJ - Cutler

GB - M. Williams

SF - D'Brick (cant see this, not when they paid big bucks to JJ)

Oak - Hawk

BUFFALO - BRODERICK BUNKLEY

Bunkley's record-breaking senior season and stellar postseason has some ranking him above Oregon's Haloti Ngata as the draft's top defensive tackle. With Sam Adams gone, the Bills could use Bunkley's burst off the snap in new defensive coordinator Perry Fewell's scheme.

I'd love it, but i may be biased, being a fellow 'Nole :P) Meanwhile Ngata falls to Cleve at #12, and they say that he doesnt always give top effort. Anyone else heard of this? its the first time i've heard a downright negative thing about Ngata.

I honestly don't know that he'd be a reach. The only real knock against him was size, but he measured 6'3 306 at the combines. Athletically, he's about as good a prospect as you'll find. And he was extremely productive in college.

I don't think he is so much making a late jump up the boards, but instead is reaching his true value on the draft boards after being undervalued to this point. I don't know if I would draft him at 8, but I don't think I'll complain if the Bills do, either.

Anyone else heard of this? its the first time i've heard a downright negative thing about Ngata.

620153[/snapback]

Well, I've always thought his coach gave a less than overwhelming endorsement of him in this article:

Oregon coach Mike Bellotti calls Ngata the best defensive lineman in college football, "when he's healthy and motivated."

Don't much care for the "motivated" part of that statement.

Top 7

Hou - Bush

NO - Leinhart

Ten - Young

NYJ - Cutler

GB - M. Williams

Oak - Hawk

I'd love it, but i may be biased, being a fellow 'Nole :P) Meanwhile Ngata falls to Cleve at #12, and they say that he doesnt always give top effort. Anyone else heard of this? its the first time i've heard a downright negative thing about Ngata.

620153[/snapback]

I don't mind the pick just not at #8. If Bunkley is the guy the Bills like they need to move down and pick up a pick or two in the process.

Well, I've always thought his coach gave a less than overwhelming endorsement of him in this article:

Oregon coach Mike Bellotti calls Ngata the best defensive lineman in college football, "when he's healthy and motivated."

Don't much care for the "motivated" part of that statement.

620181[/snapback]

That sort of statement immediately brings up thoughts of Mike Williams. :w00t:

The last thing we need is another player with lack of heart. That being said, other than this quote from his coach, I have never heard any other statements to back this up. I have not seen this guy play on a regular basis, has anyone here at TSW seen him? Is he lacking heart, or was this quote from his coach taken out of context?

Wow...who's sniffing the white out over on Fox Sports?

So the Bills pass on Ngata...AND Huff...AND Davis...for Broderick Bunkley?

620155[/snapback]

While I do like Huff and Davis, in terms of value, over Bunkley, if we're drafting for need Bunkley does seem to be the best fit. Though I agree rating Huff and Davis above him and look to take a DT later. I'll admit I'm not as sold on Ngata as others and that's why rate Huff and Davis above him and look to take a DT later like O'rien Harris.

Top 7

Hou - Bush

NO - Leinhart

Ten - Young

NYJ - Cutler

GB - M. Williams

Oak - Hawk

I'd love it, but i may be biased, being a fellow 'Nole :w00t:) Meanwhile Ngata falls to Cleve at #12, and they say that he doesnt always give top effort. Anyone else heard of this? its the first time i've heard a downright negative thing about Ngata.

620153[/snapback]

I am with you. He would be a good fit for the new defense that we would be running. Much better than Ngata anyway for that scheme.

there is a huge drop off from d'brick to the next few, but not really that much from ngata to the next few, i think at this point i'd rather move down and try to pick up the highest rated big men with the 2 picks we get for our first. if brick slips past the jests i'd likea trade up for him tho.

with the 3-5 good DTs in this draft and the 5 or 6 solid ones in FA this year, I don't think we HAVE to take DT at number 8.