Recap: nobody knows WHEN the FA deadline is...

Lori

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As expected, the Raiders waived three veteran players on Thursday, gaining about $8.709 million in salary cap relief.

Cut loose were starting nose tackle Ted Washington, who turns 38 next month, starting guard Ron Stone, 34, who has been slowed by chronic knee problems, and underperforming cornerback Denard Walker, 32, whom the team once projected as a possible starter but became little more than a high-priced special teams player the past two seasons.

The three roster moves, combined with a decision last week not to pick up the 2006 option for injury prone safety Derrick Gibson ($9.937 in cap savings) currently put the team about $12 million over what could be a low-end cap figure of $94.5 million.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c...SPG8CHHDO84.DTL

The Seahawks released linebacker Jamie Sharper and cornerbacks Andre Dyson and Michael Harden this afternoon.

Sharper, a nine-year NFL veteran, signed a five-year, $17.5 million contract with the Seahawks last offseason as the team's most high-profile free agent. He was placed on injured reserve Dec. 9 after missing four straight games with a bacterial infection in his right knee.

Sharper played and started eight regular-season games and finished with 37 total tackles. He led the Seahawks in tackles in three games, but the emergence of rookie Leroy Hill and the solid play of reserve Kevin Bentley at outside linebacker made Sharper expendable after the 2005 season.

Dyson played 10 games, making five starts, and also played in all three postseaon games. He had one interception and 10 pass deflections in the regular season but was plagued by ankle and hamstring injuries that forced him out of six games.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/spor..._webhawk02.html

Cowboys | Glover officially released

Thu, 2 Mar 2006 18:20:00 -0800

Nick Eatman, of DallasCowboys.com, reports the Dallas Cowboys have officially released DT La'Roi Glover.

anyone else catch this? I think he should be the new #1 guy on our list of desired DT's.

He is 32, but if he's a descent price he'd be our new Sam Adams.

Glover and Ngata.. mmmmm tasty :doh:

anyone else catch this? I think he should be the new  #1 guy on our list of desired DT's.

He is 32, but if he's a descent price he'd be our new Sam Adams.

Glover and Ngata.. mmmmm tasty :doh:

617066[/snapback]

or we could go younger and get this guy

Ravens | Kemoeatu will test free agency

Thu, 2 Mar 2006 20:37:01 -0800

Jamison Hensley, of the Baltimore Sun, reports Baltimore Ravens DL Ma'ake Kemoeatu will test the free agent market starting March 6. The Ravens have made it a priority to re-sign him and have talked at length with his agent, Ken Vierra.

I'm actually amazed that Shaun King is still alive.

617590[/snapback]

Dont knock king. i think he's a good QB, and he never got a fair shot in TB. They were always looking to replace him.

This thread needs to play U2's bloody sunday song when you click on it :)

617462[/snapback]

Now that would be seriously cool...

In totally unrelated news, the Stillers cut Tommy Maddox and Willie Williams today.

ESPN.com: Steelers pare veterans QB Maddox, CB Williams

(According to my Stiller-fan coworkers, that's at least one season too late for "Touchdown Tommy"...)

Now that would be seriously cool...

In totally unrelated news, the Stillers cut Tommy Maddox and Willie Williams today.

ESPN.com: Steelers pare veterans QB Maddox, CB Williams

(According to my Stiller-fan coworkers, that's at least one season too late for "Touchdown Tommy"...)

617742[/snapback]

But, he got his ring.

Maybe he'll head down to Miami to hook up with the old mastermind. :)

malta, I like the lutui pick in the 3rd.

618205[/snapback]

I've actually got to update my mock draft soon, I figure I'll give a week of FA activity to kick off before I go back and revise it. Like as much as I love O'Callaghan, if we go out and sign Runyan than obviously that pick wouldnt make too much sense.

But yeah, Lutui is a damn good player...I think he's a little underrated actually, I think he's the 2nd best Guard behind Max Jean-Gilles.

I've actually got to update my mock draft soon, I figure I'll give a week of FA activity to kick off before I go back and revise it.  Like as much as I love O'Callaghan, if we go out and sign Runyan than obviously that pick wouldnt make too much sense.

But yeah, Lutui is a damn good player...I think he's a little underrated actually, I think he's the 2nd best Guard behind Max Jean-Gilles.

618206[/snapback]

If we sign Runyan this would still be a good pick...Look at the depth we have on the O-Line..Runyan is something like 33yrs old. Why not get his replacement in a rich draft?