Eric Moulds Appreciation Thread

It sucks to see him go, though he definitely needs to be given walking papers, even as a big critic of EM's. I think he dropped too many passes in big situations and really let JP down this season. But all and all a damn good WR not great but damn good. PS - I have over 100 EM football cards because when the bills drafted him i thought he would be a god, so i may criticize him now but at one point he was far and away my favorite buffalo bill. And I will always remember him tearing up that Dolphins secondary in the playoffs ala Chris Chambers did to the "Franchise" even though he had a huge fumble.

You're right  it happened at the senior bowl.  Wanny hated Eric Moulds saying he would never take a player like him, and there was some serious questions about his character heading into the 1996 nfl draft.  I remember Bill Parcells really wanted moulds, but they settled on terry glenn because of moulds questionable character, and at training camp that year Thurman ordered a bunch of pizzas to the sidelines mocking the whole incident.

615614[/snapback]

The Thuurman move is all-time classy football player leadership. You would have thought that EM might have learned about that along the way.

But you can't expect these guys to be great at everything. No sarcasm intended.

Well we are in the final moments of Eric Moulds career with the Buffalo Bills.

Part of me is very sad to see him go, but changes need to be made across the board with this team, as for me, I wish nothing but the best for EM.

I will never forget his incredible performance in the WC game at Miami...

EM will rank as one of the Top 3 WR's in the history of the Buffalo Bills...I would even say #2 at this point behind Andre Reed.

Eric Moulds:  Gone but never forgotten

GO BILLS!!!

615388[/snapback]

Ahead of Justin Armour? He was really good coming out of Stanford!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hmmmmmm...so what do you all say?  Will Moulds one day be on the Wall of Fame at The Ralph one day?  He was our 2nd best WR ever and was a hell of a soldier through some pretty crappy years.

647303[/snapback]

Yes.

Hmmmmmm...so what do you all say?  Will Moulds one day be on the Wall of Fame at The Ralph one day?  He was our 2nd best WR ever and was a hell of a soldier through some pretty crappy years.

647303[/snapback]

poll it

this thread is for thanks

Thanks Eric, for some of the most acrobatic catches i had ever seen a player make in any uniform

but it's kinda like the Miller Genuine Draft commercial when people are parting with various items .......time to go. Best of Luck.

I liked him, thought we should have kept him, but not wall of fame material. Wide receivers alone I would put ahead of him? Andre Reed, James Lofton, Elbert Dubenion, Bobby Chandler, Glenn Bass. Frankly there were other receivers close to him on bad teams, Haven Moses and Marlin Brisco come to mind. JD Hill was an underated receiver as well. I can't see eric as Wall of fame material.

Bye Eric -

I appreciate the work you've done with the organization. Like others I thought last year's routine was kinda Bush League. Unlike others I give you a pass for it after playing with crappy QB's for 10 years. I mean there comes a point where enough is enough already and I understand your frustration.

I'll never forget your season in 1998, although I really wish you would've hung on to that ball in Miami. Anyway, good luck in football and with your kids and all your kids' mothers.