Eric Moulds Appreciation Thread

Well we are in the final moments of Eric Moulds career with the Buffalo Bills.

Part of me is very sad to see him go, but changes need to be made across the board with this team, as for me, I wish nothing but the best for EM.

I will never forget his incredible performance in the WC game at Miami...

EM will rank as one of the Top 3 WR's in the history of the Buffalo Bills...I would even say #2 at this point behind Andre Reed.

Eric Moulds: Gone but never forgotten

GO BILLS!!!

He put the 80 on Thailog.

It truly sucks that he'll be gone.

But if that's the case we need to move on.

I wish you well EM. Thanks for being a Bill for 10 years.

615392[/snapback]

I couldnt agree more T...it does suck...

It is always special to see a player stay with an organization his entire career nowadays because it is so rare.

I just called my good buddy who is an Eagles fan about this and he is THRILLED to bits that the Eagles might have the chance to get a WR like Moulds. And he watches the Bills a lot, so he is not basing this on 4 years ago. he recognizes the Bills's OL are a disgrase...and the QB sitation has been unsettling and mediocre here for YEARS.

Go EM. I hope he goes to Philly and DOMINATES.

As a younger fan (under the age of 25)...I remember the first draft I watched all the way through was the draft in which we took Eric Moulds.

I'll always consider him a Buffalo Bill, he's someone who will be missed on this team, I guarantee it. Its a shame his salary is what it came down to in the end. Its definitely the right move in letting him go...but still...it does suck.

Good luck wherever you go Eric! As long as its not to the Fins, Patriots and Jets...I'll still be a big fan of yours.

My favorite Bill bar none since '96 when he was drafted. The way teams dictated their coverage on him has always told me plenty about how good he is. It will suck to see him in another UNI but the price makes this a necessary move.

Moulds will not be released - I believe he will be a Bill this season, or will be traded.

615438[/snapback]

That would be nice if something can be worked out. I don't see how it will though unless his agent was full of ....

That would be nice if something can be worked out. I don't see how it will though unless his agent was full of ....

615489[/snapback]

It can get "worked out" because if there is no CBA, Mould will be lucky to find a team that wants/can afford to pay him the 1.5 mil or so per season that he is worth.

If he accepts what the Bills supposedly offered him, he will double that.

That same agent is probably begging Marv as we speak.

615489[/snapback]

Actually, WGR just reported that Marv said talks are continuing with Moulds' agent, in an effort to try and keep EM in Buffalo.

In any case, I would prefer to see him traded - even if its for a roll of tape - than just released. I think we can get players or picks for him - and I would want to control which team gets him to make sure he's not in the AFC East.

Actually, WGR just reported that Marv said talks are continuing with Moulds' agent, in an effort to try and keep EM in Buffalo. 

In any case, I would prefer to see him traded - even if its for a roll of tape - than just released.  I think we can get players or picks for him - and I would want to control which team gets him to make sure he's not in the AFC East.

615501[/snapback]

A team who trades for Moulds would be responsible for his salary of 6 million dollars or so.

Nobody would pay that kind of money to Moulds.

A team who trades for Moulds would be responsible for his salary of 6 million dollars or so.

Nobody would pay that kind of money to Moulds.

615514[/snapback]

Probably true - probably - but trades have been executed contingent upon a player restructuring, no? A team like Philly might think they're a WR away from being a Superbowl contender, and may well be willing and able to structure something with signing bonuses and salary that EM would accept, I think.

That said, I hope he's in a Bills' uniform this Fall.

its been a pleasure having moulds in buffalo, i've always felt he was underrated by the rest of the league

he changed our opinions of him fast, remember his first practice when he ordered the pizza?  :unsure:

615591[/snapback]

Thurman ordered it.

i thought that thurman ordered it at a later practice like mocking moulds?

615599[/snapback]

I was under the impression that EM ordered it at the senior bowl and it pissed off Wanny. So TT did it at the first practice to welcome EM to the team.

I was under the impression that EM ordered it at the senior bowl and it pissed off Wanny. So TT did it at the first practice to welcome EM to the team.

615600[/snapback]

You're right it happened at the senior bowl. Wanny hated Eric Moulds saying he would never take a player like him, and there was some serious questions about his character heading into the 1996 nfl draft. I remember Bill Parcells really wanted moulds, but they settled on terry glenn because of moulds questionable character, and at training camp that year Thurman ordered a bunch of pizzas to the sidelines mocking the whole incident.

Well we are in the final moments of Eric Moulds career with the Buffalo Bills.

Part of me is very sad to see him go, but changes need to be made across the board with this team, as for me, I wish nothing but the best for EM.

I will never forget his incredible performance in the WC game at Miami...

EM will rank as one of the Top 3 WR's in the history of the Buffalo Bills...I would even say #2 at this point behind Andre Reed.

Eric Moulds:  Gone but never forgotten

GO BILLS!!!

615388[/snapback]

I agree. Take away last year and he has been far and away the most consistant player on the team. I really like the guy and for me I'll never forget the Jacksonville game when their was about 22 seconds left on the clock and Flutie hit him for what most of the stadium including 1 ref thought was the winning TD but they marked him down at the 1 yard line and Flutie then ran it in. We wouldn't have won that game without Eric so me and my to Mould's jerseys bid you a fond farewell. Good Luck Eric and thanks.

sign me up. Eric you have been a great Bill and a top notch WR despite never having a decent QB, always being double teamed, and never having a good line.

PS thanks for killing the Dolphins every year! :doh: