Sabres/Thrashers Center Ice blackout?

Buftex

I have been jonesing to see the Sabres again...imagine my disgust tonight, when I get home, and turn to my Center Ice calander channel for March 1st. The Sabres/Thrashers game is not listed, for March 1st! What is up with that? It is not on OLN either! I live in Austin, TX. Is anyone else seeing the same thing. This is the fourth season I have had Center Ice, and the first time they have blacked out an NHL game, that wasn't on ESPN, FOX Sports SW (show the Stars games) or OLN to my knowledge....anyone know what is going on? Is it scheduled where you live? I am so pissed! I video tape the games, and watch them later in the evening....I was really looking forward to this game...

On the MSG site it says "No TV" for this game. There is no listing for this game on the Turner South network, which carries the thrashers. I guess there is no TV at all.

On the MSG site it says "No TV" for this game. There is no listing for this game on the Turner South network, which carries the thrashers. I guess there is no TV at all.

614601[/snapback]

Bah! The OLN and TS games are about all I get. They should be beat the Thrashers, too...

You think Tommy Golisano is a billionaire because he is stupid??? Three weeks off, everyone jonesing for some hockey, it's a value game, so they black it out on TV. I badly want to watch the game, but I can't argue with the move. I think it's brilliant.

Goal and an assist for Briere tonight, no doubt.

On the last broadcast before the olympic break, they announced that the March 1st game vs. the Thrashers would a no TV, no radio game.  Sucks, can't even listen to it on Sirius!

614699[/snapback]

heard of a game not bing on the radio

No RADIO, are you kidding me. I have never, never, ever heard of a game not bing on the radio

not on sirius..it is on WGR

614718[/snapback]

According to posts on the SR board, the game will be carried on Sirius 147 and XM 206. The game is also on WGR.

The reason the game isn't on CI is neither the Sabres nor Thrashers are carrying the game and no national network (OLN, NBC, TSN, CBC) picked it up either. This happened to one Thrashers / Sabres game last season as well.

I have been jonesing to see the Sabres again...imagine my disgust tonight, when I get home, and turn to my Center Ice calander channel for March 1st.  The Sabres/Thrashers game is not listed, for March 1st!  What is up with that?  It is not on OLN either!  I live in Austin, TX.  Is anyone else seeing the same thing.  This is the fourth season I have had Center Ice, and the first time they have blacked out an NHL game, that wasn't on ESPN, FOX Sports SW (show the Stars games) or OLN to my knowledge....anyone know what is going on?  Is it scheduled where you live?  I am so pissed!  I video tape the games, and watch them later in the evening....I was really looking forward to this game...

614600[/snapback]

I was looking foward to it as well. That's ok I'm sure ESPN will have great highlights :D .

Surely, you can't be sirius.

615397[/snapback]

Yes, i am serious, and don't call me shirley!

Ah, that's right, i had the lasagna.

Motherfuc#er! I scheculed my day just so I could slip out early and catch the game at the North Star. Damn!

At least i can listen to it at NHL.com.

Thanks to all you guys I didn't waste my time today. So...i guess I'll just keep working.

Did I just thank you guys for that? :unsure:

Poor Sabres seem a bit...out of it tonight...Carolina and Ottawa are also both ahead and will probably get 2 points each.

It always seems like when the Sabres have a chance to climb up...they cant do it.

615833[/snapback]

When Rory Fitzpatrick leads the team in ice time, it means half your defense is shagged,

Numinen and Lydman, or that Rory is tradebait.