taterhill

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

LakeSide Market

I had no idea they shipped  their sausage....DO yourself a favor..order some of this..you can thank me later..best sausage ever made....

FYI..i do know that this post may produce some jokes...

613208[/snapback]

What's funny about a man wanting others to try his favorite sausage? :D

Do they hot process their sausage? There's a little place in Georgia that makes theirs that way, and it really makes a difference in the flavor.

613230[/snapback]

I bought a book this weekend on charcuterie and plan on starting to make sausage. Looking to do some dried types of sausages. Difficult but I'm up for the challenge. Care to come by for a taste test? :D

I bought a book this weekend on charcuterie and plan on starting to make sausage.  Looking to do some dried types of sausages.  Difficult but I'm up for the challenge.  Care to come by for a taste test?  :D

613278[/snapback]

As long as it isn't microwaved, and has "an unusual odor".

I bought a book this weekend on charcuterie and plan on starting to make sausage.  Looking to do some dried types of sausages.  Difficult but I'm up for the challenge.  Care to come by for a taste test?  :D

613278[/snapback]

Speaking of field trips, aren't you and CTM supposed to have cook off this spring? Count me in as a taste tester :D

Can anyone else attest to the quality of these sausages.  I love good sausages and as all of us WNYers  know that area has some of the best.  Let me know before I order.

613223[/snapback]

Yes - I have bought there many times and Lakeside's is most excellent - you will not be disappointed. (My favorite, however, is still Scime's on Delaware - it gets my vote for best ever. Johnny's Meats on Hertel is also quite good.)

Do they hot process their sausage? There's a little place in Georgia that makes theirs that way, and it really makes a difference in the flavor.

613230[/snapback]

Anywhere near Atlanta, by chance? Do you remember the name of it?

Anywhere near Atlanta, by chance? Do you remember the name of it?

613309[/snapback]

No closer to Savannah. Can't think of the name right now, but it was always sold bulk in the pig and winn-dixie and what not. Has a real fine grind to it.

Anyone ever order from Usingers in Milwaukee? Good brats.