Pro Football Weekly Top 7 Picks

OnTheRocks

PFW Top 7

This looks "probable" although does not allow for any potential trade scenarios.

No. 1, Texans: USC RB Reggie Bush

No. 2, Saints: USC QB Matt Leinart

No. 3, Titans: Virginia OT D’Brickashaw Ferguson

No. 4, Jets: Vanderbilt QB Jay Cutler

No. 5, Packers: North Carolina State DE Mario Williams

No. 6, Niners: Ohio State OLB A.J. Hawk

No. 7, Raiders: Texas QB Vince Young

Looks feasible, considering no trade scenarios are factored in.

Leaves a few options for the Bills:

1. Draft Haloti Ngata

He's the fan favorite, but I actually hope we address DT in free agency as opposed to waiting for the draft.

2. Draft Michael Huff

I would NOT be opposed to drafting a big time safety like Huff.

3. Trade down

Another option that wouldn't be bad. Maybe slip down a few spots and draft Tamba Hali?

If I am the Texans....no way I draft Reggie Bush and here is why:

Dominick Davis (excuse my spelling if wrong): He is a pretty good back as is, Texans have so many other issues to attend to. if you deal the pick, you will get a VERY nice package in return and Texans can then address the OL and their defense in a number of ways.

Plus Davis can only get better with a better OL.

1.  Draft Haloti Ngata

He's the fan favorite, but I actually hope we address DT in free agency as opposed to waiting for the draft.

2.  Draft Michael Huff

3.  Trade down

Another option that wouldn't be bad.  Maybe slip down a few spots and draft Tamba Hali?

612574[/snapback]

I totally agree R.Rich...DT take longer to develop, Bills can get solid DT's in FA and along with Sam Adams that position will no longer be a problem in an instant.

And I like Huff as well, he can be a difference maker on D.

Dominick Davis (excuse my spelling if wrong):  He is a pretty good back as is, Texans have so many other issues to attend to.  if you deal the pick, you will get a VERY nice package in return and Texans can then address the OL and their defense in a number of ways.

612575[/snapback]

A lot of what I've been reading lately seems to indicate that Bush would not supplant Davis, but rather compliment him. If that's the case, Houston could create some interesting matchups by using Bush as a flanker.

i don't know anything about any college players other than what i read on the web.

there...i said it. i wish everyone else in my position would admit it too.

but, i would rather see the Bills address the OL in Free Agency (but not with anyone over the age of 30),....and the 2nd round of the draft. It looks to me that there is going to be some first round Guard/Center talant available in the 2nd round.

Take the best available between Ngata and V. Davis in the first round, and fill DT or TE position (which ever position isn't addressed in the 1st round) in the 3rd round.

That leaves S unaddressed which is still a high priority,....which is why if the Bills got the best of all worlds they would find a suiter to trade down with and add picks.

Dominick Davis (excuse my spelling if wrong):  He is a pretty good back as is, Texans have so many other issues to attend to.  if you deal the pick, you will get a VERY nice package in return and Texans can then address the OL and their defense in a number of ways.

612575[/snapback]

The Texans have never used a pick higher than the 3rd on their O-line. I believe they took a guard once in the third. I'm still amazed Casserly has a job. Not to mention their D-Line needs work too.....sound familiar? Barring a miracle in free agency, if the Texans draft Bush, they'll be picking first again next year. By that point they'll need a QB as Carr will be shell shocked.

1.  Draft Haloti Ngata

2.  Draft Michael Huff

3.  Trade down

Another option that wouldn't be bad.  Maybe slip down a few spots and draft Tamba Hali?

612574[/snapback]

I think the "safe" pick would be Ngata, but regardless of whether we draft him or not I would really like to see Ted Washington brought back at a reduced salary.....then we could platoon Adams, Washington, Ngata, and possible Ron Edwards keeping fresh bodies on the interior at all times.....we WANT teams to run laterally on us because we have athletic linebackers......

Huff....a pro bowl type talent....if we are going to dump one of our safties then sure

Trade down...this is actually my favorite plan..if possible. I like Hali or V. Davis in a trade down scenario......

I'm not sold on Brickashaw. Keeps his arms out a bit too much - a couple of solid shoulder pad hits on his sternum, goodnight.

614060[/snapback]

That's why he is a good pass blocker and just an average run blocker. He keeps defenders away with those long arms but when he has to match up pad on pad in run blocking he struggles. Add 10-15lbs to his frame and he'll be a solid run blocker as well.

i want aj hawke.....maybe he slips because of the late push for cutler and vince young..id like to add to our strong linebacking by adding aj,i think at some point london will slow down and i would love to rotate a guy like this into our lineup.

I would sign Baltimore Raven UFA - Maake Kemoeatu

Here is his statistical profile:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6163/s...nal?year=career

614985[/snapback]

Me too.

Then again, if we are going to move to a cover 2 scheme, they may want to take a run @ a smaller, quicker DT. I think Kemoeatu could help us out a lot in terms of run defense, though.

I find it hard to believe that the raiders will pick Vince Young unless they plan on converting him to another position.    Al Davis loves the downfield pass.  Always has, always will.

614325[/snapback]

In watching Vince during his career at Texas, he has a helluva arm. I've seen him complete passes by throwing the ball 50 yards in the air.

To say that they won't take him because they like to throw downfield isn't the complete story.

Before this past season, he was pretty inaccurate with his throws, especially the first year he started. However, he's been inproving each year he's played at Texas.

He also couldn't read a college defense when he first started at UT very well (see: Oklahoma). His decision making has improved immensly since he first started here, and I would expect nothing less to happen in the pros.