Our #1 pick

Frez

It could be a need pick for us. I think we are very thin at the LB spot. What if Takeo is at 80 % in September? Maybe he doesn't come back at all?

I could see us trading down a few spots and even then selecting Greenway and gaining another 1st rounder or 2nd round pick.

Don't think Greenway's a particularly good tackler, and he'd probably be a reach at 8. If there's one LB who justifies a top 10 pick, it's Hawk. I'd be a tad disappointed with this - about half the teams think he's the 4th best LB in the draft.

Bills | Team meets with Greenway

Sun, 26 Feb 2006 15:48:05 -0800

During his NFL Combine interview, Iowa LB Chad Greenway said he met with the Buffalo Bills at the Combine.

612169[/snapback]

Wow. I have been looking at this possibility for a few days. I asked R.Rich about him on the college board the other day, and posted a link to a video of him.

Personally, I would rather see us draft a pure athlete with the first pick than an oversized player with a history of serious injury.

Don't think Greenway's a particularly good tackler, and he'd probably be a reach at 8. If there's one LB who justifies a top 10 pick, it's Hawk. I'd be a tad disappointed with this - about half the teams think he's the 4th best LB in the draft.

612180[/snapback]

What teams have him rated at 4th best? All the draft boards I have seen they have him at 2.

What the hell do I know though? :D

Wow. I have been looking at this possibility for a few days. I asked R.Rich about him on the college board the other day, and posted a link to a video of him.

Personally, I would rather see us draft a pure athlete with the first pick than an oversized player with a history of serious injury.

612183[/snapback]

Don't you agree though we are thin at the LB spot?

Bills | Team meets with Greenway

Sun, 26 Feb 2006 15:48:05 -0800

During his NFL Combine interview, Iowa LB Chad Greenway said he met with the Buffalo Bills at the Combine.

612169[/snapback]

If he falls to the 2nd round it would be a great pick. Or if we move back in the first somewhere around the teens but not at #8. I'd take Michael Huff at #8 before I would take Greenway.

612185[/snapback]

Probably.

Imo, TKO was on his way to Canton. We saw how hard it is to replace a guy like him. I am a huge fan of Fletcher, but he is not a kid. Truthfully, I don't know how good Greenway is, but the thought of selecting him and getting an extra 2nd for trading down in the process sounds pretty good from where I sit.

Don't be suprised if we grab Huff.

612224[/snapback]

Now Huff I would like. A playmaker in the secondary in the mold of Ed Reed or Roy Williams.

I'll admit, if the Bills spend their #8 overall on Greenway, I'll be pissed. Yeah, we could use DEPTH to our LB group, but we need STARTERS on the O-Line and D-Line. The Bills wont get any better if they keep dicking around and keep ignoring both lines.

Now Huff I would like.  A playmaker in the secondary in the mold of Ed Reed or Roy Williams. 

I'll admit, if the Bills spend their #8 overall on Greenway, I'll be pissed.  Yeah, we could use DEPTH to our LB group, but we need STARTERS on the O-Line and D-Line.  The Bills wont get any better if they keep dicking around and keep ignoring both lines.

612229[/snapback]

Huff is starting to grow on me too and count me in the group against taking a LB in the 1st.

612185[/snapback]

I'd say we're a bit thin at LB but I'd like to see us shore up both lines before we start spending first round picks at the LB positions. Of course, if the Bills manage to pick up some viable solutions to their line issues in FA perhaps they can look in other directions come draft day.

We could take Greenway, but probably not at #8. This makes perfect sense -- just in case someone offers a decent package that includes a mid-1st for the #8 pick. Marv and the guys need to be ready for picking anywhere.

612180[/snapback]

I wouldn't mind Greenway, just move down half a dozen spots. I think the two guys that have the potential to "fall", albeit slightly, are Hawk and Vince. Just for the record, I don't endorse the drafting of VY, just merely speculating.